APS nerf: true or false

Options
Traik - Raging Tide
Traik - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
So i've been hearing a lot about an APS nerf. I just wanna know one way or the other whether it's gonna happen. I don't want to hear rumors, he said she said, it happened on this server, QQAPSSUXORZBCZIMAWIZ, or anything like that. It'd just be nice to know before i spend all my hard earned coin on 5.0.
Post edited by Traik - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    As far as I know there is no confirmation. So you're going to be disappointed.

As far as your hard-earned coin goes, though: don't go 5.0. 5.0 barbs make me die inside. ._. And there's always a chance they'll eventually nerf it anyway, which they damn well should. >_>

*ducks behind flame shield*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I was wondering how long it would be until I saw another one of these threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    False. This forum has plenty of PW-CN players and they have checked the servers since the rumor first started. So far, no GM confirmation or actual proof. GMs considered nerfing demon spark atk speed increase there but they quickly changed their minds.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    False. This forum has plenty of PW-CN players and they have checked the servers since the rumor first started. So far, no GM confirmation or actual proof. GMs considered nerfing demon spark atk speed increase there but they quickly changed their minds.

Actually, it think this rumour comes from PW-CN, if you check the CN forums theres a massive SPAM of threads all talking about a 5.0 to 3.0 nerf

What i can't get clear if this is just a rummor on CN forums or it's a change they already made there....
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    remember when cn tried to nerf demon spark?

if they do try this out dont expect it to last even that long
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Remember when they tried to nerf TW....oh

It might or might not happen, either way there will be discontented players. No news as of yet, so just watch and chill b:victory
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    they will nerf aps then get QQ saying omg i blow 5k to get 5aps then u take it away....FU

just in more broken english and some of these >b:angry
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If PWE is making $$$ out of it, no. It would have been nerfed long ago if -int became too easily accessible for players who do not cash shop. Genies were nerfed once before (I am actually glad they have), even though they are not nerfed enough, but still, the game got a little bit more challenging again. Genies were nerfed once before, not because they are overpowered, but the company losing profit because of the genies when people stopped buying charms and started spamming Tree of protection instead.
    As far as I know there is no confirmation. So you're going to be disappointed.

As far as your hard-earned coin goes, though: don't go 5.0. 5.0 barbs make me die inside. ._. And there's always a chance they'll eventually nerf it anyway, which they damn well should. >_>

*ducks behind flame shield*

I'd rather use my own weapons on my characters, honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If PWE is making $$$ out of it, no.

TW also did gave money to PWE [charms, etc] and they nerfed it anyway....
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I don't see why everyone is against 5.0 barbs. Sure, there are bad claw barbs who have poor refines and are as squishy as hell, but heck there are some damn bad fist BM's too who walk around with +1 fcc green and no -int.

If a claw barb has good gear and can hit a nice HP total, then having the ability to dish out 5.0 DPS on top of being a great tank makes them a far more versatile character than a simple vit barb. And being able to use more weapons is fun. Most vit barbs used to whine all day about how expensive and boring being a barb was.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Claw barbs are good for PVE. They can give their buff and still be 5.0 aps. They are just...um...not ideal for pulling catapults. I find claw barbs ideal for PVE-orientated players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

People bought charms to do TW, that is different.
    Claw barbs are good for PVE. They can give their buff and still be 5.0 aps. They are just...um...not ideal for pulling catapults. I find claw barbs ideal for PVE-orientated players.

For 5aps, yeah. Throughout the game... no way.

I was on my cleric with a claw barb with LA -_-" at least he never died. You have no idea how much of a fright I had when his HP goes down fast, I had to use MP powder :( and you know I don't like to use so many potions / powders >.<. Also another claw built barb easily died to general feng from TB Goshki quest on my wiz... In honesty, they have refined armors to back up the lack of HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i Was Wondering How Long It Would Be Until I Saw Another One Of These Threads.

+12. BTW, haven't heard from the same sex marriage guys for a while.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    +12. BTW, haven't heard from the same sex marriage guys for a while.

Are you kidding? He was here like a day or two ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Claw Barbs are win. >:P

...if done right, but yea, I've seen loads of fist/claw barbs with terribad -int. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Are you kidding? He was here like a day or two ago.

I missed the weekly same sex marriage thread? b:shocked
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is against 5.0 barbs. Sure, there are bad claw barbs who have poor refines and are as squishy as hell, but heck there are some damn bad fist BM's too who walk around with +1 fcc green and no -int.

That's me. b:chuckle Although I don't see anything bad in that, I still do more damage with those than with my axes. I mean, what else could I use since I'm just starting to get money for better aps.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    *fists known to death* hmm I guess context and placement are important, take it as you will.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    More than likely the same rumour mill that's once again taking about 10 man squads and two phys immune bosses being added to Nirvana ....b:surrender

BTW, haven't heard from the same sex marriage guys for a while.

We should merge them all together.

" Same Sex marriage between Stealthed 5Ap Panda's "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    More than likely the same rumour mill that's once again taking about 10 man squads and two phys immune bosses being added to Nirvana ....b:surrender

Sweet, 10 man squads and 2 phy immune bosses. QQ mages should be happy. b:laugh

But can you still do dmg with say....the wizzy's water buff and archer/barb elemental self buffs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

But can you still do dmg with say....the wizzy's water buff and archer/barb elemental self buffs?

Yes.

I regularly kill phys immune mobs in CoA that way. 'cause all the god damn *******s spawn camp the regular mobs waiting to steal them from you for their zhen. So, I take the mobs they won't....it just takes a long damn time. Poison Fang does 142 dmg per hit, no matter what weapon you use.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

They didn't really nerf TW- they made it have less incentive to actually partake in it. You used to get money from territories which could be used to buy charms. Now with no refund and mirages being paid, you cannot get charms through owning land only.

As for nerfing APS from 5 to 3, they would still make money. 3 is still much more than 1.25 (sin) and will still make taking out monsters incredibly fast. Just not as fast as the 5. People will still go to incredible lengths to get the gear.

Even if players threatened to quit the game, for every one player that quits, two more replace him or her. Or they eventually come back in the end.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hey look!
    It's this thread again.
    b:angry
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

wood pots ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They didn't really nerf TW- they made it have less incentive to actually partake in it. You used to get money from territories which could be used to buy charms. Now with no refund and mirages being paid, you cannot get charms through owning land only.

As for nerfing APS from 5 to 3, they would still make money. 3 is still much more than 1.25 (sin) and will still make taking out monsters incredibly fast. Just not as fast as the 5. People will still go to incredible lengths to get the gear.

Even if players threatened to quit the game, for every one player that quits, two more replace him or her. Or they eventually come back in the end.

No, if 3 is the max people lose incentive to get more -int gear. You can make 3 demon sparked with just some TT99, **** -int tome i could just use voidlands, **** nirvana 2nd cast leggings i could just use TT99, **** rank8 top for assassin, not necessary.

It doesn't take a lot of charging to achieve 3 APS sparked lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Os_city - Harshlands
    Os_city - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Why are ppl crying over 5.0 aps its a hard work getting there so i dont get it why are we even talking about that go make sin/bm/archer (i do NOT want to count barbs here) get him interval gear and you will forgot about this thread oh ya unless you are lazy and you just want other classes to be less valuable.
    Now lets go and make a thread how mages and ea are more valuable in tw and cry over that so gms can nerf that too and once all crying is done we can all go and play Bamboo Wands unless they get to OP too b:cryb:cryb:cry