World Boss Hunt

WraithTanker - Sanctuary
WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Am I reading this right GMs are gonna res us/buff us?

sage/demon res pleaseb:cute

Also wonder if they will be the World bosses on map or just random WB Gms spawn o.o
Post edited by WraithTanker - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What the hell are you even reading, so far it's a bunch of babble.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Didn't even notice that post... why isn't it closer to the top?

Gonna miss it anyways though :( sounds fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Looks like they are getting as bored as we are with the game :S
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    *makes a noob cleric with level 1 res* b:pleased

Who the hell dies to wb nowadays?
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    well if I am reading this right it will be all WBs. So Dont forget Sonic is a **** b:laugh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Really? 2pm, GMs? Everyone's gonna be at work or school. Should make it at least 4pm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    HT server has most of the WBs timed and farmed. Sooo what if the WBs are killed before the event? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    HT server has most of the WBs timed and farmed. Sooo what if the WBs are killed before the event? lol

HT pros b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:surprised since i rez and buff at world bosses too- does this make me GM status??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    PWI Staff wrote:
    The World Bosses in PWI are some of the most intimidating and powerful creatures you will ever face-- simply downing one of them can require an incredible amount of planning and coordination from a great number of players. Few have even seen one fall, let alone taken part in its slaying...until now!

lol, I've tanked what, 16+ world bosses in a 2 hour span at least twice? b:chuckle

Our record was 20 world bosses in one run, if I remember correctly. b:avoid
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Same on Sanctuary. Are the GM's going to re-spawn them if they are already dead? And if they do will this mess up their original re-spawn time?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Oi. At least HL won't have this problem. Only boss anyone farms here is Alpha and sometimes Ceminator.

Now if they would just make the time a bit later...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    darn.. there goes my plans to farm World Bosses Thursday and Friday after i get off of work >.<

please respawn them all after the event ends so that I can kill them post event.. some people work during the day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    world bosses are kinda boring...

why not just spawn new harder bosses that give more of a challenge? b:shutup

I'm looking forward to these high dq dropping mobs tho

wait, nvm I'll be in class.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm pretty sure these bosses will be spawned specially for the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2010

ooooor... since i just remembered i have thursday off... Give me temporary GM gear and the HP of a World Boss, then set the server against me for however long the duration of the event is b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    ooooor... since i just remembered i have thursday off... Give me temporary GM gear and the HP of a World Boss, then set the server against me for however long the duration of the event is b:dirty

in all honesty that sounds a lot more fun than just tanking a big mob hitting at me over and over again. b:laugh
    edited November 2010

That wave 5 Assault on Archosaur boss at North Gate was pretty horrid.

The boss alone wasn't bad, all those horses that would aggro everyone compounded the problem.

We tried killing it a few times, and it didn't want to be lured out of the spawn area, so eventually we gave up.

But, that wasn't really a world boss.

Only a couple of world bosses aren't really worth the trouble. There are two bosses that we generally don't do just because... Sonic Oppressor, Master of Antiquity and Ossien Lord: Flame. We do kill them from time to time, but if we have timer on a dozen or more world bosses, we'll just skip them.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    That wave 5 Assault on Archosaur boss at North Gate was pretty horrid.

The boss alone wasn't bad, all those horses that would aggro everyone compounded the problem.

We tried killing it a few times, and it didn't want to be lured out of the spawn area, so eventually we gave up.

But, that wasn't really a world boss.

Only a couple of world bosses aren't really worth the trouble. There are two bosses that we generally don't do just because... Sonic Oppressor, Master of Antiquity and Ossien Lord: Flame. We do kill them from time to time, but if we have timer on a dozen or more world bosses, we'll just skip them.

See, those AoA bosses were pretty fun, albeit if they had more hp it would have been annoying.

Haven't tried all the world bosses yet; don't think me and hubby poked sonic oppressor and master of antiquity. Tried Ossien Lord: Flame once, hated it, skipped it. Then again we don't need chrono pages anymore, and the perfects/pages not really worth the trouble with the current price of things imo (since one of those is basically = one rapture or less and in one nirvana run which takes about the same or less time).

It's hard to find WBs alive on our server, esp. since we're not willing to stay up that late b:laugh

ANYWAY, are there even enough GMs to cover every WB? b:shocked
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2010

+1 to the harder bosses with more of a challenge.
    edited November 2010
    See, those AoA bosses were pretty fun, albeit if they had more hp it would have been annoying.

Haven't tried all the world bosses yet; don't think me and hubby poked sonic oppressor and master of antiquity. Tried Ossien Lord: Flame once, hated it, skipped it. Then again we don't need chrono pages anymore, and the perfects/pages not really worth the trouble with the current price of things imo (since one of those is basically = one rapture or less and in one nirvana run which takes about the same or less time).

It's hard to find WBs alive on our server, esp. since we're not willing to stay up that late b:laugh

ANYWAY, are there even enough GMs to cover every WB? b:shocked

That last wave AoA boss was a nightmare... We gave up on it. It just wasn't possible as far as we tried. And we tried several attempts with enough people... we did get it down to about 30% once. lol

As for the rest of the world bosses, we just do them as a faction event so people can request perfect shards for their gear and lvl 100 skills and not have to pay for them... just contribute time and effort.

World bosses are usually on timers on our server. They're usually never up for long.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    That last wave AoA boss was a nightmare... We gave up on it. It just wasn't possible as far as we tried. And we tried several attempts with enough people... we did get it down to about 30% once. lol

As for the rest of the world bosses, we just do them as a faction event so people can request perfect shards for their gear and lvl 100 skills and not have to pay for them... just contribute time and effort.

World bosses are usually on timers on our server. They're usually never up for long.

I went to sleep before the final wave b:laugh If they have it again I would definitely like to see them :)

I'm pretty sure on our server WBs are more solo/couple/one squad farmers more than factions. I remember a while back when we were in a guild that did them; didn't get a thing out of it but was still fun b:chuckle
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    HT pros b:shocked

OH MY GOD

YULK IS BACK b:shocked

Hide your children!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2010

That boss...that ****ing boss. That AOE was killer and it would buff itself every time someone died to it. Damn good thing I had just leveled or my exp bar would've been dead by the end of it.

Some guys managed to take it down on HL the first time by luring it away from the horses a bit...I'd imagine everyone left it alone the next two invasions though. Way too much death.

**** spawning Harpy in west Arch. GMs should just spawn that boss and watch the carnage while sipping margaritas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    DW killed Dismal Duke in the last two invasions afaik.
    edited November 2010
    That boss...that ****ing boss. That AOE was killer and it would buff itself every time someone died to it. Damn good thing I had just leveled or my exp bar would've been dead by the end of it.

Some guys managed to take it down on HL the first time by luring it away from the horses a bit...I'd imagine everyone left it alone the next two invasions though. Way too much death.

**** spawning Harpy in west Arch. GMs should just spawn that boss and watch the carnage while sipping margaritas.

Yeah, we tried luring it on that first day... it didn't seem to want to move out of the area. So we tired to kill it, with all those horses spawning around and aggroing us. It was pretty epic failure.

There's just no way to kill it unless you can lure it out of the area.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    :o Why is there a pic of Harpy? She not a WB, technically...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    :o Why is there a pic of Harpy? She not a WB, technically...

Because she's the mother of all world bosses...

...if I say it enough times, it becomes true, right? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, we tried luring it on that first day... it didn't seem to want to move out of the area. So we tired to kill it, with all those horses spawning around and aggroing us. It was pretty epic failure.

There's just no way to kill it unless you can lure it out of the area.

he died pretty fast on RT.. he got under 10% once and then barb died.. but they killed it in 2nd try..