Assassin Glitching

Options
Chillum - Dreamweaver
Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Support Desk
Hello.

Do any of you find that your assassin glitches after a little while?

When I say glitch, the character does the following:

- Starts running on the spot
- Can occassionally stop in mid air whilst jumping
- When flying, character does not revert back to a stationary animation when finished moving
- Character becomes unresponsive (This is the worst glitch of all)

I find that it can happen when the character is running across land on an incline whilst on the world map.

I first noticed it when I started doing quests around Village of the Lost where the Hooded Adalwolves and Orchid Petalis' are.

Since then, i've noticed it also happens in and around the PQ1 area, the Southern pit around where the Boss and Elites are found.

I've found the only way to solve this is to relog either by restarting the client or by going to the character selection screen and going back into your character. I've also noticed that moving from the world map into the cube also "resets" your character so perhaps any transfer from world map to instance or vice versa solves this issue.

I have recorded some footage of this and when able, will upload it onto YouTube.

Regards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Chillum - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I finally managed to upload a video, a sample of what happens when my assassin glitches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwAjp0cm0y4

Here is an approximate rundown of what happens:

- 0:00 - Running on the spot
    - 0:04 - Glitched jumping including mid jump hovering
    - 0:17 - Unresponsive commands. Trying to double spark with no response

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes, I have observed the same effect.

In my case, I mostly got it after being on the PQ island for some time. Or sometimes in FBs.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    Wolfssohn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,535 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Looks more like some kind of lag...

Have ya tried other chars aswell?
    EDIT: nvm...just saw your avatar, and i guess its not happenin' wit that char^^
  • ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This bug just happened on my sin in the PQ island. It was in the place where the elites and the boss are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The thing that puzzles me somewhat is why did it only start to manifest when it did and not before?

I mean, previous questing takes me along various different terrains with different levels and inclines. Why there?

Is there something wrong in particular with the area around Village of the Lost and the PQ area?

Was some modification / patch made to the game causing this issue in and around when I levelled to the point where I started questing around that area?

@ Wolfssohn - I appreciate that at first glance it does look like lag but as you yourself deduced, I haven't noticed this effect with my main.

Random unfounded speculation: perhaps something to do with the odd running style of the assassin class?

At some point I think i'll try glitching my char in the old L20-30 quest areas to test out the above random theory as to why it didn't happen before.

Perhaps afterward i'll submit a ticket about it. However, if any GMs are reading this, feel free to weigh in on the matter.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've posted a thread awhile back complaining about the same problem, lol.

Unfortunately to this day, the problem still exists.

It first started in FF, then started in TT and then FB instances...then it even started happening outside of instances. :| I know teleporting through NPCs or going through portals can stop the glitch if you don't want to log out or force your game client to shut down. It's a rather huge inconvenience, especially when in groups, because the group has to bother with trying to reinvite you to squad and stuff. @_@;

But yeah, I think the cause for me though is me mashing my F-keys when trying to use skills lol (and even the regular attack button I have set on there). Are you by chance keyboard mashing, too? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yanami, is this your previous thread regarding this issue?

Infinite Running

If so, it does sound like the same thing.

With regard to what causes it, i'm still not too sure.

I do mash buttons when running up / down / along slopes sometimes. Perhaps this is something to do with it?

I did try something yesterday when I was doing PQ1.

Usually when I lure mobs i'll use Knife Throw or Earthflame for the Elites. The area I would do this has a few ledges. Instead of running / jumping off the ledge leading up to using Knife Throw / Earthflame I would activate wings, use Knife Throw / Earthflame and fly back to a safe place, wait for me to become stationery before deactivating wings to drop down.

By making this subtle change, I managed to avoid glitching my assassin.

Now, I haven't tested this throughly enough to say categorically that this avoids the glitching but it is promising with regards to it.

Will update as and when able.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Tried reproducing what I did yesterday during PQ1 and my character glitched.

Either I didn't reproduce it right or it would have glitched anyway and was just lucky yesterday. Who knows....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]