Question: Are we allowed to address the mods?

Options
Lulznotwar - Lost City
Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
So i was checking out the Barb forum, as i do being myself a barbarian when i come upon a thread congratulating our own Fuzzy upon being moved up to mod status. I thought sweet, finally an actual forum user as a mod who was one of our own so to speak, then all of a sudden Chaotic Shelly closed said thread saying we aren't allowed to address the mods in any way shape or form?

Thread:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=916732

Now my question to you is this really a justified closing of the thread? Because im pretty sure in my entire time playing online games including this one you've been allowed to address the mods for questions/help i mean hell, he got a position should we not be well within our rights to congratulate him on his success?

i mean earlier after the mod-apocalypse there were multiple threads aimed towards frankie etc in regard to moving forward.

Is this ridiculous modding? or in your guys opinions justified?

My personal opinion is its ****, i mean why shouldn't we be allowed to congratulate to what some of us is a friend in a more public sense than a private message?

And if i get banned/warned for bringing up a closed thread meh, atleast i brought this to some of your attentions
RIP spoons
RIP PWI
The game is dead
Post edited by Lulznotwar - Lost City on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dunno, it's always been a rule that if you have something to say to a mod, it should be said in a private message and not a new thread. I don't really think it's a good or bad rule... but I don't think that the person who enforces it is doing a bad job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You are allowed to address the mods of course.
    You're more than welcome to PM Fuzzy your congratulation greetings!

This doesn't mean 'any way or form'. The thread is closed because it has nothing to do with the Barbarian forum section, don't you think ?

You were able to congratulate the new mods in the poll thread, and you are still able to do it, but there is no need to post threads in the different section of the forum because Fuzzy's char is a barb or because he is playing in this or that server.
  • breaker87
    breaker87 Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's Because Shelly Be Jealous That Her Greeting As A Mod Was A Lil Less Congrats And A Lot More Rage....lol

And That Rage Turned Into Frankie Allowing Us To Choose The Next One.

My 2 Cents
  • grimreaperhc
    edited November 2010
    Options
    breaker87 wrote: »
    It's Because Shelly Be Jealous That Her Greeting As A Mod Was A Lil Less Congrats And A Lot More Rage....lol

Not really.
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You are allowed to address the mods of course.

This doesn't mean 'any way or form'. The thread is closed because it has nothing to do with the Barbarian forum section, don't you think ?

You were able to congratulate the new mods in the poll thread, and you are still able to do it, but there is no need to post threads in the different section of the forum because Fuzzy's char is a barb or because he is playing in this or that server.

Fair call, but a bit more elaboration by shelly would have been much more appreciated ontop of the fact that what she said has been contradicted by you in saying we arent allowed to address mods.
    But much appreciated for the quick and respectable response i now understand why it was closed, and i still dispute it does deserve a place in the barb forums, as he has been a valued member of the barbarian community, and some people may pay absolutely no attention to the goings on in the general discussion section of the forums. But im not a mod :/
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • grimreaperhc
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Fair call, but a bit more elaboration by shelly would have been much more appreciated ontop of the fact that what she said has been contradicted by you in saying we arent allowed to address mods.
    But much appreciated for the quick and respectable response i now understand why it was closed, and i still dispute it does deserve a place in the barb forums, as he has been a valued member of the barbarian community, and some people may pay absolutely no attention to the goings on in the general discussion section of the forums. But im not a mod :/

I understand you Lulz, don't worry I`m sure a lot of people appreciate Fuzzy's assistance around the forums.
    I`m not contradicting Shelly, she clearly stated that you are welcome to PM the mods :)
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I understand you Lulz, don't worry I`m sure a lot of people appreciate Fuzzy's assistance around the forums.
    I`m not contradicting Shelly, she clearly stated that you are welcome to PM the mods :)

In the addressing mod sense you are, assuming she means addressing them in public where you clearly state we can and she we cant, but me just being nitpicky
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think this idea of what she is saying is more of you are not allowed to call out people on the forums mod or otherwise.

Example when people make threads addressing Frankie they are closed. Or for instance when when people are calling out specific mods its just not done I don't think its actually written anywhere but its enforced. Though usually they are in anger that such threads are made but they a thread to congrats fuzzy on becoming a mod there wasn't much a point in making the thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Gotta admit it was kind of a bad call on a thread close. What should have been done is the thread simply moved to general, since it pretty much is a "general topic". Why on earth they'd have an actual rule that forbids players on giving a mod simple congrats for getting a position is beyond me.

If someone had posted a thread calling out a mod for something they had a problem with them personally about, then obviously that would be against the rules since arguments with forum staff shouldn't be posted on the forums. But since there's no actual dispute, seems a little over the top.

As well as that, it separates the mods from the player base since we're forced to treat them differently, rather than as fellow players. Players usually tend to prefer to be treated as equals.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Gotta admit it was kind of a bad call on a thread close. What should have been done is the thread simply moved to general, since it pretty much is a "general topic". Why on earth they'd have an actual rule that forbids players on giving a mod simple congrats for getting a position is beyond me.

If someone had posted a thread calling out a mod for something they had a problem with them personally about, then obviously that would be against the rules since arguments with forum staff shouldn't be posted on the forums. But since there's no actual dispute, seems a little over the top.

As well as that, it separates the mods from the player base since we're forced to treat them differently, rather than as fellow players. Players usually tend to prefer to be treated as equals.

"the man" allways has to be above everyone elseb:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Mardra - Sanctuary
    Mardra - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    pm him, tell him in a thread. on topic or not to tell someone good job and congratz isnt really a topic that should be closed.

you'll get used to her ninja closing and moving your threads. ntm being snarky about it. its just how she is. she has several sigs in her *honor* on the fw forums because of it.

but maybe w/ the addition of new mods over here she'll be here less...

chin up.
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm sure Fuzzy appreciates it, but addressing the staff via the forums isn't allowed.

This comment makes me sad also makes me feel like you are looking down on us.

Your a forum mod you are not a GM your workload is not as high as a GM's you are here to serve the people of PWI as a volunteer you accepted the role and you are no better than any of us.

I hope that was simple miswording on your part and you dont expect us to actualy take that as a rule... I understand if its a personal issue it needs to be pm'd and also that the thread in question could of been inclucded else where but it sounds to me from that comment that mods are to important for us to speak to.... I would expect to be told not to address the queen as I am not as worthwhile as her but not a PWI forum mod.

As a forum mod you should be acting as if you are approachable trying to build the moral on the forum your job is not to just lay down the kapow stick and lock threads....Why not act act like you have a scrap of respect for us please consedering we are forced to respect you
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • grimreaperhc
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thank you for your criticism, we will definitely not disregard it, but please don't try to turn this into flames.
    I don't want you to think that we are kinda the guys that are looking on you from the top. We are forum members just like you. We are trying to help as much as possible and I`m quite happy that a lot of people are sending me pm's with issues and concerns, so feel free to send me a PM if something concerns you. I`ll get back to you ASAP. Thanks in advance.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This comment makes me sad also makes me feel like you are looking down on us.

Your a forum mod you are not a GM your workload is not as high as a GM's you are here to serve the people of PWI as a volunteer you accepted the role and you are no better than any of us.

I hope that was simple miswording on your part and you dont expect us to actualy take that as a rule... I understand if its a personal issue it needs to be pm'd and also that the thread in question could of been inclucded else where but it sounds to me from that comment that mods are to important for us to speak to.... I would expect to be told not to address the queen as I am not as worthwhile as her but not a PWI forum mod.

As a forum mod you should be acting as if you are approachable trying to build the moral on the forum your job is not to just lay down the kapow stick and lock threads....Why not act act like you have a scrap of respect for us please consedering we are forced to respect you
    It probably didn't help that back in spoons' day he answered topics that individually called him out, and the mods that worked with him were more personable -- people got spoiled really. Normally this isn't the case as it isn't exactly relevant to discussion and is a method of publicly baiting somebody, volunteer mod or GM/CM.

That being said, the whole mod issue has been nothing short of entertaining.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I always knew a certain person, who shall not be named, has some issues, but that just made me laugh. Like in rl, people are not picked on the basis on their competencies... but on...... *insert your own example*

I created a thread on the same topic as the OP and it was LD'ed. Go figure.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=917172

P.S. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11016012&postcount=3

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm more than happy to clarify this, and excuse me for being a little late to join here but I was working.

As a rule of thumb we close topics that are opened for and directed to staff members and since we moderate for PWE/PW we are in fact staff members. That doesn't mean you're forbidden from addressing us completely via the forums, personally I answered and discussed quite a few times on multiple topics with various forum members before and will continue to do so in the future. It is however best and preferred that you PM us if you have any inquiries or concerns because that allows us to reply and assist most efficiently.

I don't make up the rules, I go by them according to what I'm guided by. If you have any concerns in regards to the rules and feel like the rules need to be revised, suggest it in the suggestion forum or PM Frankie. We are more than open to criticism and your suggestion.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    We are more than open to criticism and your suggestion.

man if i had a dollar for every time ive heard tht from a "staff member" id be a millionaireb:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Paytah - Lost City
    Paytah - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    man if i had a dollar for every time ive heard tht from a "staff member" id be a millionaireb:laugh

whether thats a good or a bad thing is hard to tell b:shutup
  • buttercupcruella
    edited November 2010
    Options
    -removed-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't make up the rules, I go by them according to what I'm guided by. If you have any concerns in regards to the rules and feel like the rules need to be revised, suggest it in the suggestion forum or PM Frankie. We are more than open to criticism and your suggestion.

In other words dont shoot the messenger? I'm sorry Shelly and I hope you take this in a constructive way but your stance on matters like this are to firm... I have looked over quite a few of your posts and from what I see you seem to look down on the community alot then blame the rules for doing so... Your not the only person here who has forum management experiance im quite aware of what procedures are needed to make a forum run correctly I am not simple and I am not under educated and while a large portion of the player base might be young and niave I am not.

I still dont think you realise how you worded that statement and yes while you are classed as "staff" to PWI does not mean you have to act so firm and shut the way you have been acting recently is the way a boss would treat an employee you dont seem to be very apologetic when taking actions or even when explaining procedures.

And to Grim I hope you dont see this as flaming im trying to appeal to Shelly and make her look at her own actions and ask her self how she can improve I have no doubt she will make a fine forum mod but like I say some of the things I have seen so far I do not like.

And any other forum mod reading this I hope you take it in to consederation to that while we may appear smaller than you as we are not forum mods does not make us need to be spoken to like 5 year olds.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I appreciate your post, and I do take it constructively. Thanks for stating your opinion - however please PM me in the future. I simply can't address and discuss this where every word can be taken out of context, I hope that is understandable.
  • buttercupcruella
    edited November 2010
    Options
    In other words dont shoot the messenger? I'm sorry Shelly and I hope you take this in a constructive way but your stance on matters like this are to firm... I have looked over quite a few of your posts and from what I see you seem to look down on the community alot then blame the rules for doing so... Your not the only person here who has forum management experiance im quite aware of what procedures are needed to make a forum run correctly I am not simple and I am not under educated and while a large portion of the player base might be young and niave I am not.

I still dont think you realise how you worded that statement and yes while you are classed as "staff" to PWI does not mean you have to act so firm and shut the way you have been acting recently is the way a boss would treat an employee you dont seem to be very apologetic when taking actions or even when explaining procedures.

And to Grim I hope you dont see this as flaming im trying to appeal to Shelly and make her look at her own actions and ask her self how she can improve I have no doubt she will make a fine forum mod but like I say some of the things I have seen so far I do not like.

And any other forum mod reading this I hope you take it in to consederation to that while we may appear smaller than you as we are not forum mods does not make us need to be spoken to like 5 year olds.

Very well worded. Thank you. I realized I'm far too lazy to write such wall of texts about CS (not crazy stones, not cash shopping). I noticed this usually has no sense, because she always blames the rules, states she has authority, and then, when called out, she says she is open for suggestions. That's her cycle and I don't believe it will change. I think she also [removed by me after some thought] to all the posts made against her.

Best,
    Thy without hope

Oh yea, I forgot the PM part of the cycle and the excuse of her not being able to address every1 here as fast and accurate as in pms.

I appreciate your post, and I do take it constructively. Thanks for stating your opinion - however please PM me in the future. I simply can't address and discuss this where every word can be taken out of context, I hope that is understandable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options

I feel like I am banging my head on a brick wall here so I will leave it at that... If your not confident enough to speak openly on a forum board about issues that do not include sensitive information like people being banned or other in game issues then you really need to ask you self if a moderation position is for you.

I will drop the issue now as I can see this convo heading one way must admit im dissapointed that you cant hold a mature adult conversation in public for fear of your words being twisted... When you should know #1 Rule is re read what your posting before you hit post.
  • grimreaperhc
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your posts, we will take notes thanks to them. Some of us prefer a different way of communication and I don't think that you should blame Shelly that she prefers the PM way. If is it something you want to discuss with a few people you can always add a few more people as a recipients and lead a discussion.
    This thread got a bit flamed so I think the best for it is to come to an end. If somebody wants to continue with the discussion, feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks in advance.

Grim.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hey guys, if you feel that a thread was closed/moved wrongly, please send me a PM about it; it takes time for communities to get used to mods and vice versa, so we can all avoid quarrels like this one by just going through the right avenues and getting on the same page.

b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.