no spammers?

SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver
SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
I just realized Perfect world has no third web gold selling spammers....

on ANY other mmorpg i ever play i seen gold spammers.... some so massive bad that i gotta put 3 new spammers on my blacklist ever hour....

but absolute silence on perfect world....

i wonder how the hell did Perfect World gm's manuage that O.O

haven't seen a mmropg yet that managed to get rid of them all... but i haven't seen even 1 on this game
Post edited by SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No one bothers to sell gold here because if you're gonna spend money you get plenty of coin by charging money and selling zhen. Plus coin is so hard to farm by grinding that it's negligible, making coin farming unprofitable to that end. PWE was pretty smart to make the main coin injection the TOBLs, because that, as we know, is something from a cash shop item, not something you can farm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well it's not like botting is impossible on here. Back in the old days where you still had to grind for levels (shocking, isn't it?) you'd see a few people that actually used bots, but mainly for levels.

Though if people wanted to make money off of an MMO by botting for coins and selling them, PWI probably wouldn't be their first choice (if not last b:chuckle ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hmm... now that you mention it, it is true
    granted grinding it pretty lousy money... at my level, its takes a few hours to earn the equivalent of 1 dollar USD.... but in a way, it is nice to play a game where the mobs arent filled with bots or chinese gold farmers
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    agreed, lets keep it that way plz

this is how & why i tolerate many of the unpopular changes & am still here.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Who in their right mind would try to farm/sell gold or bot in PWI?
    Leveling = super easy. No need for bot.
    No point in gold farmers, they wouldn't make any cash anyhow. Players can get more coin from idiots in the Gold trade than from farmers xD
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    what Life said, and plus the RMT (that's what you're referring to here, Real Money Traders) in china and Korea and such.... they're not going to pay for teles to use world chat to shout ads & that's WHY teles cost $..... one way to keep the RMT out...... can't grind for **** for coins to sell to us (not the millions or billions they would need)..... and buying of ZEN is somehow locked into only going through PWI (they can't even TRY to get in on that).
  • Zahlee - Lost City
    Zahlee - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Actually i came accross one the other day while doing my world quest. Was more like a scam to get your password and id though. First one i've ever come accross mind you, and the dudes already been banned. Basically just trying to get you to go to a third party web site where they take your pw and id and give you "free gold" lol Bot/scammer
    It is good to see that pwi is pretty much on top of all the bots. I would hate to play a game where everywhere you went you weren't sure if you trying to talk to a real person, or just some char running around on a script. But like everyone has said, there's pretty much no point in doing it here anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As others have said.

Its almost impossible to farm a large amount of coins. Plus PWE has a gold trade system built in to the game itself.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Its because PWE do all the selling of in-game gold via Zen.

I hate to admit it, but its a damn pro idea.

As for botters, at least on PvP servers, we just kill them all the time so they dont get anything. Last time I saw a bot was when I was 5x/6x near Tusk Town, and that was like 8 months ago b:chuckle
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    PW-MY had all the same selling of ingame gold, etc, and yet had bots and gold farmers everywhere.
    And even before levelling was so easy, there were very few bots, certainly far fewer than PW-MY.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    jemima wrote: »
    PW-MY had all the same selling of ingame gold, etc, and yet had bots and gold farmers everywhere.
    And even before levelling was so easy, there were very few bots, certainly far fewer than PW-MY.
    I bet you a good chunk of those were from China. Is it any surprise they are banned from this server? Admittedly, they could also easily use a proxy.

Anyhow, the bots and farmers tend to come from China. They flourish more often than not in games with no direct connection between real currency and virtual currency. It creates a black market for bots and farmers which is the first symptom, working for the video game industry, in opening the door for a wider profit margin from the black market.

If you look at the price of gold, I'm sure any average know-nothing player will go "well that's just too high". They overlook the fact that the gold sells exactly for what it's worth, the market itself decides what gold and other items are worth based on what people will pay for it -- also called consumer surplus. This makes it substantially more difficult to make a real life profit off of such gold but items as well, on the black market, when the price is constantly changing directly relating to what people will pay for it, meaning an active economy.

Basically, there is little incentive for them to be here, add onto that their profit margin isn't nearly as wide as it would be in other games in the F2P/MMORPG industry.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Our GM's actually work very hard to keep botting and gold farming to a minimum.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Anyhow, the bots and farmers tend to come from China. They flourish more often than not in games with no direct connection between real currency and virtual currency. It creates a black market for bots and farmers which is the first symptom, working for the video game industry, in opening the door for a wider profit margin from the black market.

If you look at the price of gold, I'm sure any average know-nothing player will go "well that's just too high". They overlook the fact that the gold sells exactly for what it's worth, the market itself decides what gold and other items are worth based on what people will pay for it -- also called consumer surplus. This makes it substantially more difficult to make a real life profit off of such gold but items as well, on the black market, when the price is constantly changing directly relating to what people will pay for it, meaning an active economy.

Basically, there is little incentive for them to be here, add onto that their profit margin isn't nearly as wide as it would be in other games in the F2P/MMORPG industry.
    Nah. You have no idea what the black market strives on in video games, gold trading in AH only makes it harder for them, but to say it stops it or has the ability to do so is naive.

I'm surprised as well that this game doesn't have gold farmers -- because a lot of other games have. And guess what, they have the "CS currency exchange" too, making that a completely moot point.

What stops gold farmers to sell for more than what's "worth" in the AH?

You see, here's the critical part. Why can they do this?

Because, you know, people who buy gold from AH do so by playing the game somehow. Bots do it automatically, for free. Free income. Normal people just will not have enough to compete with something that's for free. Sure, higher gold prices make botting more difficult, but it's still free.

I wonder if people supporting this actually played any other MMOs rampant with bots AND with the same trading system, this "feature" of exchanging CS currency is not exclusive to PWI by any means, it's cute to believe it is. It's almost as common as auction houses these days with most f2p games, yet some of these games are plagued with bots, and PWI isn't. b:bye
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nah. You have no idea what the black market strives on in video games, gold trading in AH only makes it harder for them, but to say it stops it or has the ability to do so is naive.

I'm surprised as well that this game doesn't have gold farmers -- because a lot of other games have. And guess what, they have the "CS currency exchange" too, making that a completely moot point.

What stops gold farmers to sell for more than what's "worth" in the AH?

You see, here's the critical part. Why can they do this?

Because, you know, people who buy gold from AH do so by playing the game somehow. Bots do it automatically, for free. Free income. Normal people just will not have enough to compete with something that's for free. Sure, higher gold prices make botting more difficult, but it's still free.

I wonder if people supporting this actually played any other MMOs rampant with bots AND with the same trading system, this "feature" of exchanging CS currency is not exclusive to PWI by any means, it's cute to believe it is. It's almost as common as auction houses these days with most f2p games, yet some of these games are plagued with bots, and PWI isn't. b:bye
    Hi there friend. I worked in the marketing department for a competitor to this game (that was one of my jobs working for the publishing side). We directly analyzed the effects of bots and the cause of them as well as the black market for in-game coins, items, and characters. The largest problem was due to not integrating the cash shop to virtual currency.

Bots are also not free to run. You have no concept of economics? There's always an opportunity cost, and in a game where there's no connection, there's more profit to be made. All I see is some empty disagreement and suggesting I'm naive. That's a hoot. b:laugh
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    One of the greatest reasons why PW is great, regardless of the QQ and all. I look at other games, and it is always clogged with spammer after spammer with illegal and false advertisements. Aside from the world chat/duke/system messages. Somehow that is going away now from seeing what -inserts player- have -inserts this-, but it is legal...

Anyway, I'm getting bored >.> I'll go play the game again since I am not busy now b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010

LMAO

you trollin'?!

The lack of bots is obviously a credit to the hard work of the DEVS because they are the ones who make the game so damn unfriendly for botters.

Lowering DQ prices? Makes farming for play- cough, botters waaay too hard to be worth it. It cost money to make, update, and run botting programs, and the devs have made the game a nasty place for botters to set down.

Not to mention you can add more packs/ make pack sales at any given moment, which means gold prices can shoot up and down at insane rates, which makes the game that much more unfriendly for botters.
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    LMAO

you trollin'?!

The lack of bots is obviously a credit to the hard work of the DEVS because they are the ones who make the game so damn unfriendly for botters.

Lowering DQ prices? Makes farming for play- cough, botters waaay too hard to be worth it. It cost money to make, update, and run botting programs, and the devs have made the game a nasty place for botters to set down.

Not to mention you can add more packs/ make pack sales at any given moment, which means gold prices can shoot up and down at insane rates, which makes the game that much more unfriendly for botters.

o.o'
    Sending in a magical hamster = very hard work.
    D:<
    & you make frankie sad.
    >:
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    storehammy wrote: »
    o.o'
    Sending in a magical hamster = very hard work.
    D:<
    & you make frankie sad.
    >:

I knew it, hamsters run PWI b:shocked
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I remember bots back when we all grinded on alucards/butterflies/fish. But being on a pvp server when we see a bot we usually just kill them. If its not a bot you usually get an angry pm right after, but that was also fun too :P.

As for the gold trading bots I've never seen too many of them even in the start of the server. But I did see one yesterday in west arch.