Psy's V Wiz

Options
13»

Comments

• ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If you see the wiz casting it you could also cast soulburn on him so he will 1shot himself or absorb most of the dmg with your soulforce skills ;->

as for BT my lvl 10 BT with sage fire mastery and a TT 90 sword deals 2.6k dmg non crit to a lvl 86 psychic which is far away from 1 shotting him. Maybe with undine it would work but then the problem will be that it is really hard to undine + then get a direct hit to the psychic because of their defense skills. Whereas on the other hand his 79 water skill ( the glacial snare equivalent) hits me for~1k dmg and his spam skills also hurt a lot because of black voodoo.

greetz harm0wnie

i dont really see how these numbers support the (your) idea that a wizzard doesnt hit harder than a psy.

and about dps: BT is 4.8sec (with an average -20%chan it drops to 4sec)
    while crystal light is 2.5sec (-20%chan -> 2.3sec)
    even if a psy could cast 2 crystal lights while u were channeling that would be ~2k vs 2.6k dmg and therefore the wiz has higher dph and dps.

but anyway, who crowned wizzies kings of dph or (magic) dps?
    yes, it was their role (and personally i think that they still have the highest spammable dph. 3 ultis, undine... plus bonus such as stone barrier and distance shrink...)
    but, you claim that their skills should be boosted so they can hit harder again..but why?
    i dont see how wiz>psy is more balanced than psy>wizb:surrender
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    mother of god people, stop with the OP stuff already. psychics are like wizards with 2 elements that hit harder faster. however, they're considerably less durable due to black voodoo's defence decreasing effects. they can put on white voodoo and become better defended, but then their attack is obnoxiously low.

-wizards are the most durable DD (not including a DD cleric) (and don't start with archers, put on light armor and rock shield as a wizard and then say archers are better defended)

-psychics are the heaviest hitting, that's just undebatable.

wizards can use anouther element, and they're more customizable. they can use light armor, psychics can't. and don't give me that "psychics can wear light armor" bull****. they can't. they cannot wear light armor of their lvl and have a soulsphere that's their lvl at the same time, the math just doesn't add up right.

so if you want a more durable, more customizable DD, go with wizards, but if you want a cookie cutter biuld that hit abit harder, go with psychics.

there, can we all shut the hell up now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i dont really see how these numbers support the (your) idea that a wizzard doesnt hit harder than a psy.

and about dps: BT is 4.8sec (with an average -20%chan it drops to 4sec)
    while crystal light is 2.5sec (-20%chan -> 2.3sec)
    even if a psy could cast 2 crystal lights while u were channeling that would be ~2k vs 2.6k dmg and therefore the wiz has higher dph and dps.

but anyway, who crowned wizzies kings of dph or (magic) dps?
    yes, it was their role (and personally i think that they still have the highest spammable dph. 3 ultis, undine... plus bonus such as stone barrier and distance shrink...)
    but, you claim that their skills should be boosted so they can hit harder again..but why?
    i dont see how wiz>psy is more balanced than psy>wizb:surrender
    i dont think to increase the wiz dmg is the only way to solve the problem rather the psy dmg should be decreased or the effect of black voodoo should not be calculated in attack lvls or should be a real temporary buff like the wizards undine but not a 15min selfbuff. It is useless to refer to stonebarrier because the psychics immunity skills give you also the 8 s that you need to kill your enemy. Dont forget your soulforce skills when we talk about overall balance and the side effects of the skills especially the stuns. Wizards got a 4s sleep with 2min cooldown and a 5s seal and that's it. BTW you forgot about chi requirements Crystal light = no spark BT = 2 spark

greetz harm0wnie
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i dont think to increase the wiz dmg is the only way to solve the problem rather the psy dmg should be decreased or the effect of black voodoo should not be calculated in attack lvls or should be a real temporary buff like the wizards undine but not a 15min selfbuff.

It is useless to refer to stonebarrier because the psychics immunity skills give you also the 8 s that you need to kill your enemy.

Dont forget your soulforce skills when we talk about overall balance and the side effects of the skills especially the stuns. Wizards got a 4s sleep with 2min cooldown and a 5s seal and that's it. BTW you forgot about chi requirements Crystal light = no spark BT = 2 spark

what's the problem?
    why should be psys be nerfed?

so 8 sec immunity = permanent huge pdef increase?

soulforce skills? 10% seal, miniscule damage, a reflect and soulburn...
    one shot souldburn? half shot BT
    stuns? one-spark, 80% stun, 20sec cd
    speaking of chi, psy will needs a spark too.

w/e. you want wiz>psy i want psy>wiz. we both have the same reason
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    .......*looks up from reading newspaper on the toilet*

Are we still arguing about this ****? .-. It's been what.....a week now?
    *I* have an idea: let's make a truce, agree that we both get our asses beat by anything with 5aps, and call it a thread.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    its not a matter of how hard you hit, its a matter of how much damage you can take...
    most ppl are just glass canons...
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
    edited December 2010
    Options
    .......*looks up from reading newspaper on the toilet*

Are we still arguing about this ****? .-. It's been what.....a week now?
    *I* have an idea: let's make a truce, agree that we both get our asses beat by anything with 5aps, and call it a thread.

i think i said that a while ago xD

oops i broke ur colors :b
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options

Oops I Broke Ur Colors :b

>:c You're A Meanieface!
    edited December 2010
    Options
    >:c You're A Meanieface!

there, Regenesis color too. b:pleased
  • LittIewg - Heavens Tear
    LittIewg - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Seriously.. Why's everyone still fighting about whos stronger or bla bla bla.. I say both classes are pwnage +10.. why? Because were fking Arcane Magic Casters. -Us squishy arcane magic casters gotta stick together-
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The only things I wish I had on my wizard are:

1. Soul of Stunning
    2. Psychic Will

They are the perfect defense against a surprise assassin attack. Even with light armor and Stone Barrier, sins cut through me like warm butter.

My psychic alt (b:shocked yes, I actually play both classes b:shocked) still gets cut through like butter, but at least it's cold / icy butter when white voodoo is on. :)

EDIT: One thing I wish I had on my psychic is a +10 Nature Talker... Val hits so damn hard, it's crazy.
  • conganh21
    conganh21 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Seriously.. Why's everyone still fighting about whos stronger or bla bla bla.. I say both classes are pwnage +10.. why? Because were fking Arcane Magic Casters. -Us squishy arcane magic casters gotta stick together-

/agree it's true, but wiz was like magic god be4 psy came in, cuz wiz was so good, it's hard to accept that psy MAY be stronger than wiz
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    conganh21 wrote: »
    /agree it's true, but wiz was like magic god be4 psy came in, cuz wiz was so good, it's hard to accept that psy MAY be stronger than wiz

*claps slowly*

Eh, a little wobbly on that introduction, and the middle parts could have done better, but all in all, a VERY lovely nerco. Brilliantly done.

5 points.