Sage/Demon Skill Stacking Help

Allorah - Raging Tide
Allorah - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Venomancer
Ok, so I am a sage veno and frequently squad with a demon veno. My question is about our skills. Do they stack and if so which ones or do they cancel each other out and if so which ones? We are trying to come up with a good strategy to do runs and would be more effective if we knew which skills to throw and not to throw behind each other. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Post edited by Allorah - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well this question would be easier to answer if we knew what sage skills you have and what demon skills your friend has.
    >.<
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I wait for the demon version to wear off before I use mine. Both are powerful, so you're still basically "stacking" them by doing this harmonic reapplying.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well, if its just the basics like ironwood or venomous.... Then I would say its best for to keep up sage ironwood, if you have it, and for the demon veno to keep up demon venomous scarab (but not spamming it)

but, if its a bit more complex (lets pretend you have sage soul degen) I would want a sage veno with that skill to cast it, then let me cast demon amp right after, but if they have sage amp, then they can cast it afterwards. That way sharptooth stays up, but amp goes on also.

I cant really think if anything else atm that has to do with stacking skills, but like i said it'd be easier if we knew what skills you have.
    >.<
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A demon veno should always be keeping demon venomous debuff up. Be aware that it doesn't overwrite itself, you have to wait the 6sec for it to wear off before you can reapply it.

A sage veno should keep sage ironwood up, but that shouldn't stop a demon veno from using L11 ironwood as well. Both ironwoods will overwrite each other so the demon veno's debuff, if it lands, will always be better. If the sage veno is pet tanking, they should keep an eye on their pet's damage. If it suddenly spikes, they know the demon ironwood has hit, and they should refrain from debuffing until the pet damage goes down again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    pretty much like the others have said except in my experience if lv10 or sage ironwood is applied, then i cast my demon ironwood, if my demon ironwood dosent proc its 20% chance of armor break, then the sage ironwood's 40% for 20sec remains, but if my demon ironwood does proc, then its the uber awesome but rare pdef break for 10-15 seconds after it works.

and for if the two of you have lv92 skills like sage soul degen and sage+demon amp, i'd always catch the boss with sage soul degen EARLY in the fight when it has the most effect. recasting this skill later wont have an effect on actually decreasing the boss's remaining HP. and as far as sage/demon amp, with two of you running, you could keep it perma-amp'd, does it rly matter if its lv10, sage, or demon amp? hehe.

but yea, the sage veno should always try to keep ironwood's 40% debuff on whatever you're fighting which'll help the pets hit harder, and the demon venomous debuff'll help both of you's mag atk's hit harder too. and as far as the order for the ironwoods, i'd say sage casts first then if demon wants to for at least a big hit, cast demon ironwood after the sage ironwood. if it works it breaks em more, if it dont it just makes a big hit (especially if fired right after demon venomous)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It depends on how lucky they are on hitting their demon ironwood as to which you do. You can keep casting sage venomous as you have nothing that would overwrite their debuff. All yours does is have a decent chance at giving you more chi. Using bramble obviously use theirs if demon.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A demon veno should always be keeping demon venomous debuff up. Be aware that it doesn't overwrite itself, you have to wait the 6sec for it to wear off before you can reapply it.

A sage veno should keep sage ironwood up, but that shouldn't stop a demon veno from using L11 ironwood as well. Both ironwoods will overwrite each other so the demon veno's debuff, if it lands, will always be better. If the sage veno is pet tanking, they should keep an eye on their pet's damage. If it suddenly spikes, they know the demon ironwood has hit, and they should refrain from debuffing until the pet damage goes down again.

Now there's something I hadn't thought about.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Now there's something I hadn't thought about.

Which part?

But yeah. One of the most annoying things is when I'm pet tanking, my ironwood procs and my pet damage doubles, and then the cleric/barb debuffs and halves that increased damage. What a pain.

Everyone needs to know and understand not only how their own skills work, but how other classes' main skills work as well. It makes for a lot more teamwork when you're not inadvertantly overwriting someone else's really nice skill, or wasting your stun because you don't know the length of another classes' stun so you can wait till the end, or begin channeling it at the proper time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]