Possible? -Channeling cap

hellok
hellok Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Is it possible to reach the max - channeling cap?

If it is, what gears would you need?
Also can you give a estimated cost of those gears.

b:thanks
Post edited by hellok on

Comments

• _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    srry 2 break ur bubble but even if ur 100% channeling u wont instant kill cos of CASTIME
    devs only care for APS 2 hit instant sadly i gave up on my wiz when i heard i cant kill instant b:bye srry 2 break it for u
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As far as specific gears, I can't help you much.

But I'm told the -channel cap is -99% channel.

If you go higher than that you get bumped back down to -90% channel. That's due to the fact that if you hit 100% -channel the cast time glitches and disappears.

Estimated cost? Well being demon would make it cheaper, but to have that much -channel on good gear will be very expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hellok wrote: »
    Is it possible to reach the max - channeling cap?

If it is, what gears would you need?
    Also can you give a estimated cost of those gears.

b:thanks

on official servers it's impossible, if i remember (don't quote me on this) but you can no logner get -9 channel on ornaments

wep: -16 (beheamoof slicer with 2 -3 channelstoens)
    ring 1: -6
    ring 2: -6
    ammy: -6
    belt :-6
    helm: -3
    robe: -3
    chest: -3 (not sure if rank 8 is -6 or not)
    tome: -1

as i know of no boots or leggings have -channel (maby nirvana leggings have -.3 like the -.05 int counterparts)

that's -50 (-56 if the robe/leggings get an additional -3)

if the glitch for ornaments to still give -9 you can add an additional -12 but that'd still only be -68. don't completely quote me on any of this as i'm not completely certain but it's a base to go off of at least.

edit: pw private servers you can get an instant wizzy but not on official servers
  • hellok
    hellok Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    So at the cost of billions magic classes can only get around -60% and never reach their cap. At least from so far what i have found in this version of pwi gears.

If they reach - 100% channel with sutra they get pushed back to -90% channel even though 99% is max =/

While at the cost of around 400mil bms can reach the max aps.

Seems a bit unfair to me b:surrender

**** magic time to roll a bm lol
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Actually ornaments can each have -12% channeling on them. Rank 8 chest is 6%, nirvana pants are 3%. 1% from scroll of tome and I think there's one with 3% but that's a bit pricey.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    if the glitch for ornaments to still give -9

Glitch?

/facepalm

Items such as rings, necklaces and belts can have up to 3 additional attributes. -18 channeling is possible on each one. The highest I've seen on a neck was -12% channeling.

There are a number of -9% wrists, necklaces and belts on our server. There is at least one mage that has passed -70% on our server.

BTW, if a -18 Channeling neck or ring ever was found/crafted... if you're a caster, answer me this, would you pay 250m-500m for it?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    BTW, if a -18 Channeling neck or ring ever was found/crafted... if you're a caster, answer me this, would you pay 250m-500m for it?

Hell, I wouldn't doubt it would sell for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2010

yeah it would probably be more like 900-2bil
    edited November 2010

On one of the older servers, it might actually sell for more.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    weee, from 2sec i chan+cast in 1.6sec! oh wait.
    edited November 2010
    weee, from 2sec i chan+cast in 1.6sec! oh wait.

I'm still confused about this.

On PW-MY-EN, all the -channeling is called -cast. So far I don't know anybody has actually tested and confirmed if the % applies to either just channeling just casting or both since I highly doubt one version reduces channeling time and the other casting time. From knowing this, I'm inclined to believe that the % actually affects both.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2010

On PW-MY-EN, all the -channeling is called -cast. So far I don't know anybody has actually tested and confirmed if the % applies to either just channeling just casting or both since I highly doubt one version reduces channeling time and the other casting time. From knowing this, I'm inclined to believe that the % actually affects both.

Nah it doesnt affect both, i got 74 channel if i put on some different gears and you can clearly see the long casts being the same.
    Might soon have 90%, so not much left to check if that 99% crappy rumor with no cast is true on pwi.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
    edited November 2010
    Nah it doesnt affect both, i got 74 channel if i put on some different gears and you can clearly see the long casts being the same.
    Might soon have 90%, so not much left to check if that 99% crappy rumor with no cast is true on pwi.

Wow... -74%? So how do you like it? Noticeable improvement?
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2010

dark, Thanos is saying all that channeling gear is not going to help Psychics much because of the shorter channeling, longer casting skills. b:victory

Excluding the 2 Lvl 100 Chrono Page skills [3second and 4 second channeling], there's only 1 skill Psychics have with a 2 second channeling. The rest are 1.5 seconds or less.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Given the rest of the translations in PW-MY, I'd be inclined to just ignore them, and go entirely off what it says in this version.

Though they did have cooler names.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Glitch?

/facepalm

Yes, a glitch (called a **** though). I don't think it works here. I'm not sure how to do it but let's just say that if it worked, we'd know about it by now.

-99% is "nothing special" ie. it doesn't ignore cast times. Either -100% or -138% would do that (depending on the source) but -chan is capped at -99%. If you go over it, it will reset to -90%.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited November 2010
    dark, Thanos is saying all that channeling gear is not going to help Psychics much because of the shorter channeling, longer casting skills. b:victory

Excluding the 2 Lvl 100 Chrono Page skills [3second and 4 second channeling], there's only 1 skill Psychics have with a 2 second channeling. The rest are 1.5 seconds or less.

/facepalm

Yes, I understood what he was saying, apparently you didn't understand what I was asking. Magire answered my question.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yes, I understood what he was saying, apparently you didn't understand what I was asking. Magire answered my question.
    Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have quoted the whole thing.
    On PW-MY-EN...
    My response was not to explain this, as I know nothing of PW-MY.
    My response was for this. I thought you were confused about what Thanos said, because it was said after the quote. But after you stated that you understood, I realize you put a quote just to quote...
    edited November 2010
    My response was for this. I thought you were confused about what Thanos said, because it was said after the quote. But after you stated that you understood, I realize you put a quote just to quote...

I wasn't directly addressing his skill in specific, just his example of channeling/casting as it related to my question.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Translation error, like the hundreds that are in the version

It really is -channeling, even though in game in MY-EN it said cast time for channeling and something else (I don't remember) for the actual casting part
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As far as specific gears, I can't help you much.

But I'm told the -channel cap is -99% channel.

If you go higher than that you get bumped back down to -90% channel. That's due to the fact that if you hit 100% -channel the cast time glitches and disappears.

Estimated cost? Well being demon would make it cheaper, but to have that much -channel on good gear will be very expensive.

thats almost as if reaching 5aps bumps back to 1.0aps b:shocked
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wow... -74%? So how do you like it? Noticeable improvement?

To be honest I'm only using it for the tiger event right now, I hate running around with 2,5k selfbuffed pdef.
    If my pdef wouldnt reduce to the kind of a lvl 70 char, it would be freaking amazing.

But yeah its a huge difference attack and heal wise, skills like Stream and Wield Thunder are insanely fast, Tempest feels almost instant compared to 33% channel.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    well, I dont think i have anything to say. since Magiere cant detect a difference it cast times I dont think that I can do any successful tests with my -6%.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    From back when i played wiz i looked into this and from what i found:

It only effects channeling time,

at exactly 93% -channeling it glitches the casting time as well causing instant cast spells.
    this hasnt been done to my knowledge yet on pwi but has been on on cn servers
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    From back when i played wiz i looked into this and from what i found:

It only effects channeling time,

at exactly 93% -channeling it glitches the casting time as well causing instant cast spells.
    this hasnt been done to my knowledge yet on pwi but has been on on cn servers

There is a wiz on LC with pretty damn close to that, forgot his name but it starts with an A...

He is incredibly lucky with oht crafting
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    To be honest I'm only using it for the tiger event right now, I hate running around with 2,5k selfbuffed pdef.
    If my pdef wouldnt reduce to the kind of a lvl 70 char, it would be freaking amazing.

But yeah its a huge difference attack and heal wise, skills like Stream and Wield Thunder are insanely fast, Tempest feels almost instant compared to 33% channel.

My cleric can get up to -51% channeling, and she's right.. there is a HUGE noticeable difference in your channeling times. Cast however seems the same rate. I especially like how fast my Rez channels in the heat of a moment battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a4a6cd40084305b0

Here is a wiz I think is possible to obtain (not sure if other server already have one), -69 Channeling.

Since there is no -chann boots, I use the tt99 one with tt99 wrist to get -3 chann bonus.

Yes, I know Stone of Savant in the weapon reads -6 chann, but I check the "statistic" button and they only add -3 chann each, so it's a typo i think.

I chose Book of Fragrances (LV.6) because it adds -2 chann and since people can get Pan Gu (LV.6) i assume people who is going for -chann build will make this one instead.

I think this build seems reasonable without going crazy like buying a -9 or -12 chann ornaments, except the tome and the R8, which i think it's kinda expensice lol

Anyone has a price range for this build?
    edited November 2010
    Translation error, like the hundreds that are in the version

It really is -channeling, even though in game in MY-EN it said cast time for channeling and something else (I don't remember) for the actual casting part

Ok. I was just asking again... when I usually ask, nobody ever seemed to answer or know.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    evilramen wrote: »
    http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=798a3f7e96a160cf

Here is a wiz I think is possible to obtain (not sure if other server already have one), -69 Channeling.

Since there is no -chann boots, I use the tt99 one with tt99 wrist to get -3 chann bonus.

Yes, I know Stone of Savant in the weapon reads -6 chann, but I check the "statistic" button and they only add -3 chann each, so it's a typo i think.

I chose Book of Fragrances (LV.6) because it adds -2 chann and since people can get Pan Gu (LV.6) i assume people who is going for -chann build will make this one instead.

I think this build seems reasonable without going crazy like buying a -9 or -12 chann ornaments, except the tome and the R8, which i think it's kinda expensice lol

Anyone has a price range for this build?

God knows... I"m up to 583 mil in my estimates already, and I've not even figured out how much the weapon, TT99 Sleeves and boots, or the Nirvana pants are worth, or the perfect shards and refinement in the helmet
    @_@.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    oops, my bad, didn't mean to put the shards and refine in for heml lol

but i mean, I see most of the stuff being worn by people already, so I assume this will be achievable...