How do people get millions of coins from events?

qills
qills Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I read posts where people said they gained millions of coins and lots of items in events (like the Nien Best event in the summer and stuff like that). I'd like to know how. o.o I always try my best to participate in those, but I never get anything. I'm confused, help?
Post edited by qills on

Comments

• RaveR_mnant - Raging Tide
    RaveR_mnant - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ex. Like the event on Halloween, Archo was swarmed with lvl 80ish mobs. (The event hurt like beeitch.) The mobs dropped a massive amounts of DQ items. Those that survived the mobs assault made a good few million.

b:bye Hopes they do the Snowman event, less stressful and looks fun.
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

Ratsael RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • puffball4026
    puffball4026 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Are you serious these guys were level 80? man i need to level some more then
  • miyago
    miyago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The past nien beast event (similar to the current celestial tiger event), gives pretty good rewards for the top 1-20 event contributors of each class. Some examples are:

Gold celestial pack
    Silver celestial pack
    Bronze celestial pack

The value of reward items ranges from 10k to 200k to 40m. If you get lucky opening up your reward packs, you will get rich.

The top 20 contributors however are usually very high level characters (lvl 100+) with a decent weapon. Contribution depends on damage dealt.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, in general, if you have to ask that question then there's in it for you anyway.

F2P events, possibly MMO"RP"G events in general, are designed to make rich people richer. So if you go in at max level, all gear cashed and maxed, you'll come out loaded with more gold.

That's why events are one of the things I've given up on a long time ago. It's just a waste of time and possibly resources for a normal player.

Even the aforementioned Snowmen; I've seen them once on PW, and hardly got to kill any. They die in one shot, but with the time I need to get a spell charged up somebody is always faster.

Even the 2x that they turn on every now and then is more of a "so what" thing --- grinding gives next to no experience, and twice that is still nothing. Drops are horrible, and doubling the chance is still horrible. Did I mention that my only remaining source of experience, the World Quest, doesn't get doubled?
    So it's more useful for dungeon runners, to basically do two runs in the time of one.

Whatever they do, it's usually just for the people that don't need it.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • ronuble
    ronuble Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    one quick question: in a lot of posts i see that drops/rewards are for the people who deals more damage. How do clerics get drops or rewards in events if they just heal for example party(squad) members? im a little concerned about this and more now that i read this post about events having the same rules ;(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ronuble wrote: »
    one quick question: in a lot of posts i see that drops/rewards are for the people who deals more damage. How do clerics get drops or rewards in events if they just heal for example party(squad) members? im a little concerned about this and more now that i read this post about events having the same rules ;(

I have not tried the Monday Tiger event. But during Nien beast event, all the participants were ranked by class. So your score was only compared to that of others playing in your class. However with nien = squad contribution counted, thus a high damage dealer could squad their friend cleric and boost their score.

I heard in Tiger event you cant squad on bosses, so you dont mooch of the DDs.

Some of the events have 1 shot mobs, so its a matter of who lands the 1st hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miyago
    miyago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ronuble wrote: »

As VlLKASS said, all participants are ranked by class, and rewards are based on the top 20 damage dealers of each class. Thus clerics DD during the event, they do not heal others. Also, contribution is shared among squads only during the first phase (mobs) of the tiger event. They are on their own for the second phase (bosses).
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    F2P events, possibly MMO"RP"G events in general, are designed to make rich people richer. So if you go in at max level, all gear cashed and maxed, you'll come out loaded with more gold.

I wouldn't give up as easily as Yindra. I have NEVER spent a penny on this game, and I still can come out top 5 in Celestial Tiger event (in cleric ranking, of course) and I have to deal with a bunch of cashshopping hoes in the top 10. But I believe if you're Lv. 80+, you can EASILY make top 20 in your class rank. You just gotta pay attention in the event, hussle, and start dealing some damage to mobs/bosses. Figure out which bosses are going down faster than others by regularly having a boss HP check in faction. Just play it smart.

inb4> 0mg lv 101 no cs LOL whatta n00b
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I wouldn't give up as easily as Yindra. I have NEVER spent a penny on this game, and I still can come out top 5 in Celestial Tiger event (in cleric ranking, of course) and I have to deal with a bunch of cashshopping hoes in the top 10. But I believe if you're Lv. 80+, you can EASILY make top 20 in your class rank. You just gotta pay attention in the event, hussle, and start dealing some damage to mobs/bosses. Figure out which bosses are going down faster than others by regularly having a boss HP check in faction. Just play it smart.

inb4> 0mg lv 101 no cs LOL whatta n00b

Actually, that advise only pertains to mage classes more than it does any others.

With Barbs/Sins/BMs/Archers, the top 20 of their classes are all -int. An axe built Barb such as myself will never break the top 20 simply because of low DPS/DPH.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Actually, that advise only pertains to mage classes more than it does any others.

With Barbs/Sins/BMs/Archers, the top 20 of their classes are all -int. An axe built Barb such as myself will never break the top 20 simply because of low DPS/DPH.

Not entirely true, I manage to at least get something out of tiger event (only do it for the cheap mana charms that last forever for me since I hate having to pay attention to mana even though I have a crapload of mana pots)

And I don't really have any -int gear
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I'm pretty sure the majority of barbs have low DPS/DPH. Only a very small amount bother to become (5APS?) claw barbs because they're not very attractive for PvP or TW. I'm just saying since all barbs in general suffer from the same problem, you should be able to compete, especially at our level. Just have up-to-date gear to match that level.

Just incase... make sure you're killing ALPHA mobs in the beginning and score enough to make top 15 in your class. Then from there, the celestial tiger bosses will determine whether you move up in rank or down, but you should still definitely be able to make top 20.
  • /Fox - Harshlands74
    /Fox - Harshlands74 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Even the aforementioned Snowmen; I've seen them once on PW, and hardly got to kill any. They die in one shot, but with the time I need to get a spell charged up somebody is always faster.

the trick to the snowman event is to by a bow and arrows then pew pew the snow men..unless ur a cleric then you can just use plume shotb:pleased

people get rich from events from the drops received from killing the event mobs but as stated before normal players have a hard time getting a decent return due to all of the cs'ed and endgame characters