Fix high APS

Options
Sun_Burn - Lost City
Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
If your servers cannot keep up with the damage to tell when my HP charm should tick, lower the max aps. This is the 5th time (that ive noticed) that Ive gotten killed by a sin or bm because the game doesn't read the damage in time to tick my charm.

edit: for example, to those who say thats impossible, here is a vid proving that it is a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O3pndlNAhE watch the damage and the guardian charm bar @ 1:00
Post edited by Sun_Burn - Lost City on

Comments

• evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yea I feel your pain, but you seen all the other "APS" threads, not one GM reply...

Why fix ANYTHING if they have "indefinite" pack sale :P
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    maybe they should refund a % of charms, if you think about it.. It could be looked at as false advertisement. I buy charms to survive in this broken pvp world, if charms don't do what they say they should do, obviously something should be changed.
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes, in a perfect world it sould, but this isn't perfect world.....oh wait....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    maybe they should refund a % of charms, if you think about it.. It could be looked at as false advertisement. I buy charms to survive in this broken pvp world, if charms don't do what they say they should do, obviously something should be changed.

You're a mage. On Lost City. Put the same amount of coin into a proper full int arcane build that an interval BM has in their gear and you shouldn't have too many problems.

APS isn't any more broken in pvp than BIDS.

Genie skills, expel and absolute domain will help you. So will immune pots.

b:bye

Also, get your lvl 11 pdef buff. Demon Stone Barrier is broken too for that matter.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    While hearing a mage complain about APS in PvP is kind of annoying, I do agree that at least the charms should tick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You're a mage. On Lost City. Put the same amount of coin into a proper full int arcane build that an interval BM has in their gear and you shouldn't have too many problems.

APS isn't any more broken in pvp than BIDS.

Genie skills, expel and absolute domain will help you. So will immune pots.

b:bye

Also, get your lvl 11 pdef buff. Demon Stone Barrier is broken too for that matter.

I really dont think 5.0 is broken on BMs since you can prepare for it. For pvp high aps is much more a problem for 5.0 dagger sins. With the long 6 second stuns / 9 second paralyze / etc there is very little those even with full +10 armor can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I really dont think 5.0 is broken on BMs since you can prepare for it. For pvp high aps is much more a problem for 5.0 dagger sins. With the long 6 second stuns / 9 second paralyze / etc there is very little those even with full +10 armor can do.

As an archer? Expel/Domain/Immune and run away? I agree sins hurt archers, clerics and arcane venos the most, but you really have to be concentrating. If your attention slips for just a second, you're dead.

I won't pretend to say I know how to kill sins with other classes, but I do know that for everyone, you need twitch-like reflexes to survive the initial attack and break the stun-lock, if you can't do that much you definitely won't survive.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Can it be that if the damage dealt in a certain amount of time is more than your remaining hp, then charm just doesn't tick?

Sort of like getting charm bypassed by high damage, but in this case very rapid damage?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Can it be that if the damage dealt in a certain amount of time is more than your remaining hp, then charm just doesn't tick?

At times it can be but I think what he is more on about is server lag. Which is a problem that isnt just restricted to high aps.
    Getting hit alot in a short space of time wether by one char or a multitude is sometimes slow to register.

Amount of times In group PvP/TW that Ive used IG and still died because the server is still registering the dmg taken from 5+ people Before popping the apoch is unreal b:surrender.

Is annoying but more a technical problem than an " Omg high Aps " problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    As an archer? Expel/Domain/Immune and run away? I agree sins hurt archers, clerics and arcane venos the most, but you really have to be concentrating. If your attention slips for just a second, you're dead.

I won't pretend to say I know how to kill sins with other classes, but I do know that for everyone, you need twitch-like reflexes to survive the initial attack and break the stun-lock, if you can't do that much you definitely won't survive.

Umm if a game mechanic requires twitch like reflexes for a chance to run away that should raise a red flag.

Anyway this thread is specifically about the damage being too fast to properly trigger the charm and that should be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    about BIDS being broken, domain works both ways. The difference is Bids takes 4 seconds to cast, EASILY enough time to move your finger over to the domain button (or TE,balance, etc) vs. a sin popping up out of nowhere and your dead before your charm even ticks.

and no I looked at the damage log and the last 2 hits was not over half my hp, wasn't even close.

I'll admit I am one of the people who claim 5APS is broken, but then again I dont have the gear to survive it. However, when charms don't do the things they are supposed to do because of that high damage rate, that's a whole new level of broken.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Umm if a game mechanic requires twitch like reflexes for a chance to run away that should raise a red flag.

Anyway this thread is specifically about the damage being too fast to properly trigger the charm and that should be fixed.

Well, realistically you have over a second to react. And why is requiring you to have reflexes mean that something, in itself, is broken?

Yes, often charms do get bypassed. Sometimes you even take damage even after you have died and die again. lol That is the way of PWI, I'm afraid.

about BIDS being broken, domain works both ways. The difference is Bids takes 4 seconds to cast, EASILY enough time to move your finger over to the domain button (or TE,balance, etc) vs. a sin popping up out of nowhere and your dead before your charm even ticks.

and no I looked at the damage log and the last 2 hits was not over half my hp, wasn't even close.

I'll admit I am one of the people who claim 5APS is broken, but then again I dont have the gear to survive it. However, when charms don't do the things they are supposed to do because of that high damage rate, that's a whole new level of broken.

I agree, however, I don't have a 12m radius AoE that I can hit for base damage +500% weapon damage +14k at a range of 30 meters either. My best ulti hits for base +100% + 5k damage and takes almost 2 seconds to cast. Your ultis also have a chance to stun or slow...

Sins are designed to do one thing really well, and they're pretty much one-trick ponies. Get used to their strategy, they become a whole lot easier to defeat, imo.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    u should sell me page of fates so i can get my sage ultis dark u~u
    edited November 2010
    Options
    u should sell me page of fates so i can get my sage ultis dark u~u

As if I still do cube. lol
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    do it just for me b:kiss
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wizard 2 sparks can be casted very quickly with either Sutra or a 0 chan pill. That kind of defeats the whole "this takes 4s" argument. Otherwise yeah...notice a wiz channel that and pop a pill or a charm.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, realistically you have over a second to react. And why is requiring you to have reflexes mean that something, in itself, is broken?

Yes, often charms do get bypassed. Sometimes you even take damage even after you have died and die again. lol That is the way of PWI, I'm afraid.

Is there any criteria for something being overpowered you wouldn't disagree with?
    I don't see why you would think PWI is well-balanced while admitting it is poorly coded.
    The devs who made the balance are the same ones who caused all the bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is there any criteria for something being overpowered you wouldn't disagree with?
    I don't see why you would think PWI is well-balanced while admitting it is poorly coded.
    The devs who made the balance are the same ones who caused all the bugs.

He benefits from it, and as a bm, he is least affected negatively by it. Of course he's gonna defend it. I sure would. Only thing someone with a 5 aps bm main can complain about is how come they can't have 5 aps unsparked.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    He benefits from it, and as a bm, he is least affected negatively by it. Of course he's gonna defend it. I sure would. Only thing someone with a 5 aps bm main can complain about is how come they can't have 5 aps unsparked.

Or the occasional one-shot from a wiz b:chuckle

Why you got to hate us so much dark?b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oh look, another "I HATE 5APS QQ MOMMY I DUN LIEK EET!" thread...

/bored
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If your servers cannot keep up with the damage to tell when my HP charm should tick, lower the max aps. This is the 5th time (that ive noticed) that Ive gotten killed by a sin or bm because the game doesn't read the damage in time to tick my charm.

edit: for example, to those who say thats impossible, here is a vid proving that it is a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O3pndlNAhE watch the damage and the guardian charm bar @ 1:00

So that means 5 aps is broken and everyone who paid for it should be ripped off?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It means that if something doesn't work properly with their servers, it shouldn't be included in the game. That's the way I see it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It means that if something doesn't work properly with their servers, it shouldn't be included in the game. That's the way I see it...

Just like no damage log from fish.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Assuming that's the cause of the problem. The OP is stating that APS needs fixing, when the issue brought up in the post is about charms.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

It's called "intended bugs". Things like that are here to make people CS and most certainly belong here. At least if you ask the devs. 5 aps, no damage log from it, charm bypassing, anything you can think of. Most F2P MMOs have those and PWI is still far from the worst case I've seen. Or how does this sound: 1000$ mage build, kills all other classes in one hit, only other mages can kill you. Kills bosses solo in less than two minutes when other classes take 15mins etc. I could go on forever.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's called "intended bugs". Things like that are here to make people CS and most certainly belong here. At least if you ask the devs. 5 aps, no damage log from it, charm bypassing, anything you can think of. Most F2P MMOs have those and PWI is still far from the worst case I've seen. Or how does this sound: 1000$ mage build, kills all other classes in one hit, only other mages can kill you. Kills bosses solo in less than two minutes when other classes take 15mins etc. I could go on forever.

That sounds kind of like 5 apsb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wizard 2 sparks can be casted very quickly with either Sutra or a 0 chan pill. That kind of defeats the whole "this takes 4s" argument. Otherwise yeah...notice a wiz channel that and pop a pill or a charm.

Not really... considering that takes you down to (uses 4 sparks) 0 chi and unable to use other apoc pots like anti stun and immune pots for 3 minutes.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the game display seems to only be able handle like 3 hit a sec. when hit 4/5 when hit boss all aps ppl know dmg numbers keep rolling many seconds after boss dead, and if bosses move dmg numbers still goes the old place where boss used to be for several seconds.

guess game cant register dmg before its too late, but thats not rly aps problem charm doesnt tick, cos it happen also in tw or wherever u get hits from enougn ppl to get above 3 hits a second total form everyone.

like when trying ecscape in tw and clicks domain, sometimes still getting hits while domain on, with no aps users on.

or ping is too high. also i think som1 mentioned charm tick aint instantly, but 0,1 to 0,2 sec delay that combined with lets say 200 ms is almost 0,3-0,4 sec., so if cant survive that long, then that would probly make you die without ticking charm.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »

QQ Archers get 5.0 easier than BM's. Nerf Archerz plz! Take away their bows, their crit and their armour!
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    QQ Archers get 5.0 easier than BM's. Nerf Archerz plz! Take away their bows, their crit and their armour!

and their wingz hehe b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]