where should I be at

dantepresbe
dantepresbe Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just started an assassin because I saw so many players taking down opponents so quickly, But I am level 20 now and need to know if I need to change my skill points of something,

here are my stats so far

vit 42

str 22

mag 22

dex 55

I have 4 points on the following
twin strike, puncture wound, slipstream strike

I have 2 points on
wind push and wolf emblem

and I have 1 point on throw daggers stealth, and focused mind.

I know their are probably 1k threads about this but I need some help so please offer any advice at all.
Post edited by dantepresbe on

Comments

• Alinelia - Sanctuary
    Alinelia - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Most sins follow the pure build(4 dex 1 str per level). There's nothing wrong with adding vit and restating the points from it later into dex, but raising mag is not advised for any class unless your class needs it i.e. wizard, cleric, arcane venomancer and psychic. From what I've read leveling twin strike is a waste of points. The other stuff I have no idea. I know puncture wound is a good opener skill for lower-mid levels though.
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I just started an assassin because I saw so many players taking down opponents so quickly, But I am level 20 now and need to know if I need to change my skill points of something,

here are my stats so far

vit 42

str 22

mag 22

dex 55

I have 4 points on the following
    twin strike, puncture wound, slipstream strike

I have 2 points on
    wind push and wolf emblem

and I have 1 point on throw daggers stealth, and focused mind.

I know their are probably 1k threads about this but I need some help so please offer any advice at all.

As an assassin, you don't need points in mag, at all.
    For builds regarding your class go here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sorry, but I have to be a Grammar **** here.
    The "at" at the end of the thread's title is redundant and unnecessary; it's simply "where should I be?" Furthermore, it's not proper (though not incorrect) to end a sentence with a preposition.

Yeah, I know this is the internet and a forum; none of you care. I had to say it nonetheless.

--Edit--
    Fixed the mistakes that were pointed out to this failure of a Grammar Nazib:shocked
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sorry, but i have to be a Grammar **** here.
    The "at" at the end of the thread's tile is redundant and unnecessary; it's simply "where should I be?" Furthermore, it's not proper (thought not incorrect) to end a sentence with a preposition.

Yeah, I know this is the internet and a forum; none of you care. I had to say it nonetheless.

Capital "i" dude. And I'm sure that was meant to be "title". If you're going to grammar ****, make sure your own is up to scratch. :P

As said above, most sins follow the 4 dex 1 str per level build. Magic isn't needed whatsoever. Str is ONLY needed for gear requirements. Adding a little vit is ok, but the HP it adds isn't really worth it, especially compared to the damage potential you'd lose.
  • Meiy - Harshlands
    Meiy - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Capital "i" dude. And I'm sure that was meant to be "title". If you're going to grammar ****, make sure your own is up to scratch. :P

As said above, most sins follow the 4 dex 1 str per level build. Magic isn't needed whatsoever. Str is ONLY needed for gear requirements. Adding a little vit is ok, but the HP it adds isn't really worth it, especially compared to the damage potential you'd lose.

this is not a correct, as it is just random grammar b:laugh
    b:laughYes i am a Venob:laugh
    b:laughYes i am a Boyb:laugh
    b:laughNo i don't care my character is femaleb:laugh
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sorry, but i have to be a Grammar **** here.
    The "at" at the end of the thread's tile is redundant and unnecessary; it's simply "where should I be?" Furthermore, it's not proper (thought not incorrect) to end a sentence with a preposition.

Thought
    Though

Sorry but if your going to correct someone's grammar, make sure you do the same to yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • kerenta
    kerenta Posts: 44
    edited November 2010
    lmfao, random English lessons FTW b:laugh
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    GOD DARN ITb:angry
    That always happens when I state my "Grammar-****-ism."

Grammar **** Fail!b:surrender

I dun got skool'd epikly!
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    GOD DARN ITb:angry
    That always happens when I state my "Grammar-****-ism."

Grammar **** Fail!b:surrender

I dun got skool'd epikly!

I'm an english major and a writer, and I often have the same instinct. I find it best to turn off my grammar instincts altogether when surfing teh internets. Lest my brain explode. b:chuckle

Twin strike is.... meh. Not worth leveling after you get other skills, so go ahead and drop it off your hotkeys. More importantly, follow that link posted somewhere above to see what skills you should concentrate on.

Vit can be nice, particularly if you intend to be a tanker Sin, but it'll be moot if you don't keep your Dex up as well, since tanker Sins rely on damage to keep aggro, and Dex determines your dagger damage. So stop leveling Vit for a while, restat at a town elder to take that Mag out (Sins NEVER need Mag), and start concentrating a bit more on Dex. You need not be a pure Dex build, but, since Sins specialize in killing stuff quickly, it's important that you give yourself the stats to do so.

My sin is a pure dex (4 Dex, 1 Str per level) and it's a lot of fun. Also? Stealth. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    As long as you have enough HP to avoid one-shots, pure dex is far better due to better healing from Bloodpaint. Trust me, I know...I've been a hybrid all my life and have hated every bit of it since somewhere in my 50s or 60s.
    I even statted magic; the worst mistake a sin can make.

I used to have a 1vit, 1str, 3dex per lvl build.
    I restatted to 1vit, 2str, 7dex per level build some where between 60 and 70. It took a while to get used to it, but it was worth it in the long run.
    Currently, I have the same build, but vit-capped at 40, with mostly garnets sharded.
    When I have my 90 gear, I'll shard it with citrines and restat to pure.

Vit really does nothing for a sin but to keep them from being one-shotted; but that's what citrines, barb and BM buffs, and Deaden Nerves are for. You will have more survivability by going pure dex to maximize your healing from Bloodpaint (once you get it).

Yes, vit does give HP regen, but it's, what, 1HP/sec for every 10vit? At max level with a 1vit, 1str, 3 dex per level build, one would have 11HP regen, which is reduced to either 25% or 10% while in combat (2.75-1HP/sec) This has done nothing for you as all you are doing is allowing yourself take more hits, at the cost of taking longer to kill the mob (meaning more healing to do meditating, or using post/charms, and more repair costs), and gimping your self-heal from Bloodpaint. 1vit/3dex...you are gimping 1/3 of your potential damage output and self-heal.

Also, you just have to accept that you WILL die as a sin; it's our nature as a DD. Our job is to tank what we can by attacking it with full force, and to hold back to let someone else tank what we cannot.
    ~Spazz~