Not cash shop but this is crazy...

Gjinja - Raging Tide
Gjinja - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Are you kidding me? If I'm reading this correctly it's crazy... I'm trying to trade in some Mystery Chips (an interest spurred by the new DQ items points thing) for a Windcatcher mold (which I bought one outright a while back for 150k coin) & the Mystery Merchant wants me to trade 76 chips+1,620,000 coin for one? hahaha XD

Also looking at the Golden Spirits, the merchant wants 45 chips+ 2mil coin... they're selling in the AH for that (or less) - the chips.

Um, I'm not really a whiner, but that's rediculously imbalanced... or am I reading the merchant requirements wrong? If so please enlighten me.

Also, imo this is paramount to scamming... I went to the Mystery Merchant to see what I needed to trade for these things based on the new point system (trading pts for mystery chips & in turn trading those for items). when you go to the Myst Merchant & click on items to see what you need, so you can get the correct amount of chips, etc, it shows NO FEE UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE ALREADY GOT THE CHIPS. That seems a bit misleading & scammish... at least change it so the fees are shown regardless if you have the chips or not so ppl know.

Now I have 200 chips for things I can't afford to trade there... & wouldn't if I did have the coin since I could/would buy the same items for the same amount or cheaper in the AH/catshops. I'm grown up so I'm not naive enough to think I'll be getting anything back from PWI (I traded Tokens, gotten from packs, bought with gold from buying Zen, for these chips so they weren't 'free') since I needed the Golden Spirits now... If someone in RL pulled this on my child I'd be down at their store demanding to see the manager & getting a refund.

BTW, now that I know just how screwed I am on this deal the chips are untradable as well so I can't even try to recoup my losses... 200 chips= 180 tokens (15 per pack= $12 rl money), not the end of the world to most, but I'm disabled living on about $600 per month & PWI is about the only form of entertainment I allow myself, able to afford $10 or so for ZEN every 2-4 months if that, so yeah, it's kinda a big deal to me.

PWI is a great game... why you gotta ruin it with stuff like this?
Post edited by Gjinja - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Same happened to me, I started getting chips when i noticed you still have to pay the merchant. All my DQ points are lost now >_>.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    its not like chips are a new thing, you didnt lose anything by getting the chips, its not like money was taken out of your pocket. i dont see how adding something extra ruins anything.

chipping fee sets a price ceiling, so people arent charging 30m for 3-3 gold mats, for molds its silly since there are so many molds on the market because of BH.

trade your chips for dice tickets, its free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chazk
    chazk Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Gjinjas main point is that the amount of COIN needed along with the chips is NOT shown.

That the REAL Cost is NOT shown when you go check out the Mysterious Merchant..to me is either an oversight or sneaky.

In the Boutique the price is shown... same with the Auction House and the NPCs.

The amount of COINS required to purchase something with yer Mysterious Chips SHOULD BE SHOWN ALSO.... for forthrightness....

Chazk
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Correct, the OP's point has nothing to do with what you responded with SashaGray. The guy did lose out because he bought packs with his money that he got tokens from, then used the tokens he paid for to aquire something that is essentially useless to him because the process is not explained or set to deliberately mislead. There is a problem with that.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    belgrae he already said he got the chips from the DQ points thing - so he didnt spend anything (unless I missed something there) his point about the $12 is irrelevant if that is the case.

just trade your chips for dice tickets and sell the dice tickets.. or use em to get exp via the cube. if you sell them then that might recoup what you made npcing the dq items rather than selling them to other player.. or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hasn't mystery chips always worked like that......?
    b:surrender
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
    edited November 2010
    yeah, since they came out, its pretty much QQ because OP thought they were gonna get free molds from selling DQs, which would be an awful idea anyway, chip fee's are one of the last real coin sinks the game still has.

if you wanna see the chip fees for everything, go to http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/19277

click "show all" at the bottom of the list, since there are so many things you can make with chips.

click on the thing you want and go to the recipe to see the coin fee.

it would certainly be more convenient if the coin amount was show before you had all the chips, but it isn't.

@Belgare, read it again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    OP is a friend of mine, my version of the tale is accurate with regards to the tokens he used. I was just informing you people.
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I remember long time ago when I bought some chips to make gold mats for GX axes I found out that on top of the extremely expensive gold mats I needed to come up with I think it was 22 mil of coin ... Was I upset ...

I think I have one of the most expensive GX axes on the server lol ... But that was really a long time ago...

FEES must be shown rightaway!

QQ
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Gjinja - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Those of you who think I'm trying to get something for nothing & upset that I can't go read the post again, all of it this time... I paid for those tokens out of my pocket. I've yet to cash in any DQ points & probably never will.

Chazk, Belgare & Themax, thanks for getting the point.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    actually your post was unclear otherwise people would all have got what you were saying. at least I offered you an option - make dice tickets which can be traded where chips cannot. you can at least recoup some funds from the fiasco
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    trade your chips for dice tickets, its free.

This.

I do this with the chips I get from BH100 as reward. Then I either use them to do cube for free, or sell them to cat shops for coin. 50 chips = 100 dice tickets. That's 300-400k easy.

Now, with the DQ rewards system and BH100, I can get a whole bunch of chips per week and make a few mil w/o effort.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Gjinja - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    I'm grown up so I'm not naive enough to think I'll be getting anything back from PWI (I traded Tokens, gotten from packs, bought with gold from buying Zen, for these chips so they weren't 'free') since I needed the Golden Spirits now... If someone in RL pulled this on my child I'd be down at their store demanding to see the manager & getting a refund.

What's unclear about that? "they weren't free" seems pretty unequivocal.

& thanks for the option Zero, if indeed the dice tickets can be traded then that's a viable option.

An even better suggestion Xarathox, thanks for that! :)

Isn't it a wonderful world we live in someone has to go through all this just for a game to appear to be relatively fair, wouldn't it just be easier to show the total cost up front? (which was my point to begin with) lol
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Moved to general.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    I agree that the chip fee needs to be upfront, whether you have chips or not so you can figure out the total cost vs. just outright buying from someone else.

Either way they die
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Join the club.
    It sucks, it's another way they make money. They won't change it because they can get a few extra dollars out of the pockets of people like us who think we can get a better deal that way...
    Suck it up, live with it. That's what I'm doing and all I can say.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    chazk wrote: »
    Gjinjas main point is that the amount of COIN needed along with the chips is NOT shown.

That the REAL Cost is NOT shown when you go check out the Mysterious Merchant..to me is either an oversight or sneaky.

In the Boutique the price is shown... same with the Auction House and the NPCs.

The amount of COINS required to purchase something with yer Mysterious Chips SHOULD BE SHOWN ALSO.... for forthrightness....

Chazk

This is a non-issue. The Mysterious Merchant provides a baseline for price. While I agree that it sucks that you don't see how much coin you need until you have enough chips to get the mat you want, you can always see how much something costs by going here:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/search

Of course, it's gonna be cheaper to get molds from the AH or from friends... before BH, some molds were cheaper if you could actually chip them... though the only place you could get chips was in the cube. Since then, all molds except for a few rare ones are mostly worthless.

Gold Mats you say? Most of them are worthless drops, you can find them much cheaper, duh. Just look in the AH. The only real mats that might be worth chipping are 99 Gold armor mats... Illusion Stone, Sorceress Soul, Giant Beast's Footprint and Ghost Lord's Protection... Those mats generally sell for the coin cost at the merchant, sometimes more. So in those cases when you can't find the mat you need you can chip it. All the other lower gold mats have been over-farmed by many so yeah, you can find them for cheaper from someone who actually farmed it.

The problem would have been completely avoided if you had actually bothered to do just a little bit of research.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As iterated by Sasha it's a price ceiling, something that the OP has refused to acknowledge in their tangent. It's a prevention of an item from becoming way too overpriced, so it's rather hilarious I read "zomg its another way pwi can make moar money". The reflection of how much it costs in the AH has nothing to do with it because the price in the AH is not static -- it's based on supply and demand entirely relevant to two parties: buyer and seller. Chip amounts and chip coin costs in addition have been the same and have never been related to the AH cost. I remember when people used to rip so many others off from Steppenwolf Capes because no one knew of how much cheaper it was to chip it versus how much the mold was being sold for. Then as people realized it, the price went down, because it made no sense to buy something for a higher price than it would cost to make it with chips. Shoulda woulda coulda bla bla. Would have just been smarter to just say you hate the cost and be done with it. The extra whining just made you look foolish.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Save your chips for your 99 gears. You'll need them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Just saw two people not read the thread lol.

Either way they die
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    so it's rather hilarious I read "zomg its another way pwi can make moar money"

It's money that's being paid to PWI for packs to get tokens to trade for chips (unless one did Cube for them) rather than doing TT runs.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It's money that's being paid to PWI for packs to get tokens to trade for chips (unless one did Cube for them) rather than doing TT runs.

Not everything have to do with packs. Go to any decent geared 100+ and they'll have thousands of chips in bank. I know i personally have 5k+ chips in bank at a given time... before i used them.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As iterated by Sasha it's a price ceiling, something that the OP has refused to acknowledge in their tangent.

Remember how much Sky Demon's Pearl or Demon Slaughter Belt were before cheap chips?

Sky Demon's Pearl used to sell for 9m on LC. Belt for like 6 or 7. TC cape was 10-12m and Calamity Axes were 6-10m (depending on timeframe).

Can you imagine how much Illusion Stone would sell for if there were no chip option now? 30m? 40m?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited November 2010
    ok so re-read OP and at the bottom if it there is a vague allusion to buying tokens for chips, the first 2 paragraphs being about DQ points > chips made the point unclear.

the rest of what i said stands

Shnuggles wrote: »
    Moved to general.

so how come the thread in my sig was moved to cash-shop huddle?
    buying packs for tokens isnt cash shop, but using them is?
    how come it was moved with no reason given, and no mod said they moved it?
    how come frankie has yet to respond to my email about it being moved incorrectly that i sent 2 weeks ago?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    180 tokens = around 1.8m
    thats around 4-5$ not 12$, no1 asked you to gamble and buy packs to get chips from tokens
    if you chose to the most expensive way to gain tokens then it will never be worth to buy chips
    edited November 2010
    Remember how much Sky Demon's Pearl or Demon Slaughter Belt were before cheap chips?

Sky Demon's Pearl used to sell for 9m on LC. Belt for like 6 or 7. TC cape was 10-12m and Calamity Axes were 6-10m (depending on timeframe).

Can you imagine how much Illusion Stone would sell for if there were no chip option now? 30m? 40m?
    Yep. And the gold 99 Soul mat from 3-2 or ADS.

Chips are the reason the Tauran Chieftan mold didn't get even more ridiculously expensive even in it's most expensive time.

It's too bad those complaining about chips and coins don't know the obvious benefits are. Just another QQ session. Chips are far more plentiful with 100+ BH's and daily cube runs. Hell, even doing COA weekly you can get a rather large cache of chips. While it's beneficial to buy with tokens, just having the easy option, it's not even remotely the only choice. People who learn very little about the game then come to conclusions based on their little knowledge are funny -- p.s. hi OP.
    edited November 2010
    BH100, cube, COA, I'm sure there's plenty more to get chips themselves (stash) or the boxes. The end of the above post was also meant for you.
  • Meeeeowwwwww - Raging Tide
    Meeeeowwwwww - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    180 tokens = around 1.8m
    thats around 4-5$ not 12$, no1 asked you to gamble and buy packs to get chips from tokens
    if you chose to the most expensive way to gain tokens then it will never be worth to buy chips

He got them from DQ Rewards o.o;;

:D, And yea I think they need to make it to where it shows the coin first before chips LOL, I thought no coins needed a long time ago, got abuncha chips, and I was wondering why I couldnt make something ... I saw the coin amount, I was like WOW b:shockedb:cryb:angry
    Magic Banana!!!
    Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Meeeowwwwwww Kittens<3You
    WTFBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Coin costs are really just to set a ceiling for prices.

With the TT changes if it wasn't for chips then I can garuntee that at least on RT, TT golds would be insane, 50mil for illusion stones most likely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Really people? Did you JUST realize the huge mystery??? It's been like this forever.... Nothing new, nothing scammy.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]