Apothecary & Barbs

swabian
swabian Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Barbarian
Hey gang,

Thought it might be interesting to start a thread about what Apothecary items you must have in your inventory. Maybe some input on how you use them aside from the obvious. For that matter maybe a little bit about what's in you bag.

I myself find the Apothecary items indispensable and have some items in my bag at all times and always carry Concentrate Orb (MP recovery 100 per second for 10 mins.) This is great when I'm tanking a boss. I never worry about mana, if it does start to run down then it's time to pop another one. I find that mana management gives me the biggest challenge. When not facing a boss then pots work fine for the occasional boost. Most of the time with the mana boost from clerics the regen time is fine.

Golden Jade (one spark instantly) comes in handy when times are tough and you need that spark. I like to keep 2 sparks up at all times to have access to Invoke just in case. That's just my play style, better safe than sorry. Invoke, take damage and heal and get the squad the hell out or rezzed etc. If you are low with maybe one spark and things are dodgy time to pop one down.

Since I switched to crab meat I'm not using Principle Orb (Instantly recover 1-4000hp instantly) much if at all. There was a time when I did and I still think it is useful.

Anyway just a few thoughts and I'm really interested in seeing what you have to say....

Maybe some helpful info.....
Lvl 81 Barb
TT80 Gear & Weapons
Apothecary lvl 5 (but no access to high end herbs yet)
b:sin
Post edited by swabian on

Comments

• Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i do carry mp recover, hp recovery , phy resist increase 20sec, magic resist increase 20sec, crab meat,

( a plat charm, a mana charm on standby not arm)

But quite frankly..

I hardly use any, only use genie's ToP most of the time and normal pots.

I only pot for mana @ prolong boss killing, pot for hp when luring, ToP for emergency.

well thats FC anyway..

There are 2 big waves that i worry about.. the initial magic wave.. and the magic one after the first boss, but ever since i skip the first room, and got my refine to 3+ for all my gears.. the lure is plain smooth.
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Irongaurds
    2 spark pots
    Dew of Star
    Stone Turtle Orb
    Shadow Binder Pots
    Vacuity Pots
    Power Sutra orbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Don't carry much in the way of Apoth items. I always have Bestial Rage active or in cooldown so sparks are rarely a problem.

ToP, Solid Shield are my friends and are used quite a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Irongaurds
    2 spark pots
    Dew of Star
    Stone Turtle Orb
    Shadow Binder Pots
    Vacuity Pots
    recover 90% hp
    accuracy powder
    utility charms

Besides vac for delta I carry it all for tw and pk.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't use any Apoth. items really except for Delta (Vacuity Powder). Other wise just pop a pot, buff yourself and keep bestial rage active while grinding and in instances.

I don't PK much either but when I do I use Accuracy Pots for ToP Armageddons and the pots reduce all damage by 50% when I'm getting ganked so I can get the hell out of there if at all possible.

Hm. I wonder if that would stack with Invoke? b:dirty
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • swabian
    swabian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for your input everyone, I am looking at adding/experimenting with some of the new Apoth items you all are using,

Just a little longer to get access to all the high end herbs......

I see the mention of ToP a few times, I will also be looking into adding that Genie skill. Sadly my Genie stats suck atm and I will have to wait or create a new one just to get an additional skill in there.
    b:sin