LA Veno Questions

Options
Nocticula - Harshlands
Nocticula - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Venomancer
I decided to start using LA for my Veno. But my question is, what shards would be best to use? Would these changes effect my magic attack to much? And should I start adding points to dex, now to use other weapons?
[sigpic] [/sigpic]

Something Something Something DarkSide
Post edited by Nocticula - Harshlands on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Citrine shards probably suit LA the best. Your magic attack would be reduced compared to pure mag arcane, but the slight crit rate increase will help make up for it. I don't really recommend adding more dex than you need to fill the armor requirements, but if you're really looking towards being a fist Veno or something, go ahead and add extra dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Yeah... use stickes people. In this forum the same question is asked over and over again. Use stickies b:angry
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Decided on LA yet doesn't know what shards to use: Sounds like trolling to me.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I decided to start using LA for my Veno. But my question is, what shards would be best to use? Would these changes effect my magic attack to much?
    Shards on armor only contribute to hp or defense (unless you use the pricey Diamond of Tiger from the packs - those give +1 attack level, which is approx 1% extra damage).

Shards on your weapon will increase its damage or your hp, but for magic attacks only sapphires work. Garnets increase patk, sapphires increase matk. It would seem like the elemental shards should do something for magic attacks too, but they don't. They only add to physical attack damage. Generally you are best off with sapphires or garnets. But rarely, if you use fox form a lot, have > 2400 patk, and come across some low-priced high-level elemental shards, it can sometimes be more cost-effective to use them instead of garnets. This is very rare though.
    And should I start adding points to dex, now to use other weapons?
    Unless you know exactly what you are doing, gimping your mag stat and using a lower level magic weapon is not recommended. The veno's healing capability and most of her damage potential comes from having a good magic weapon.

Both light and heavy builds have no spare stat points. You need to allocate every stat point you get in a certain way to be able to simultaneously wear the best armor for your level while wielding the best weapon for your level. So if you start putting extra points into dex, you will be short on points for mag and str, and will have to make up the difference with +stat equipment.

By the time you max out melee mastery, the veno's base melee DPS in fox form with a magic sword is nearly as good as a melee class' base DPS with melee weapons. So don't feel that the magic weapon is responsible for poor melee damage. At endgame levels, due to a quirk in the way magic weapons refine, highly refined magic weapons have higher base melee DPS than just about any melee weapon. So there's really no need to stat to use melee weapons, unless you're just trying something different.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

This is a heavy armor guide, and has -0- information about LA.

I would recommend citrine shards, with garnets in the cape and hat. Make up the HP in refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    LA build is 3 mag, 1 dex, and 1 str per level. This allows you to use up-to-date weapons and armors with no need for specific +stat increases unlike heavy armor. Also, unless you're going to be a 5aps fist veno, then do not use other weapons besides magic weapons.

And notice LA does not allow for vit...so what you need is HP shards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    id like to say wonderfull choice going light armor b:victory

to answer the question, use citrine shards and do not deviate from the standard 3mag 1str 1dex.

if you really wish to add into other points wait untill you have already reached end game with the highest grade of armor you hope to achieve. at this point you "may" redistribute some magic into another stat (i would recommend vit or dex, vit more than dex in preference) but doing so can be dangerous. also at high lvl if you are maintaining yourself as a caster class and using human form spells as the mainstay id recommend having alternative arcane arms with -channeling if LA arms with -6% cannot be located or afforded to help with tanking bosses. lots of -channel can make up for the reduced magic of the light armor build. if you do end up redistributing magic into other stats, id reccomend having a minimum of -33% channeling.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted