Ilenka's Archerism guide -

Ilenka - Harshlands
Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Archer
Warning: This guide has been made based on my own experience in PvE and PvP. Ive been playing this game for a lot of time. And i have read all the guides possible to make her the best of her class. Im not a cash shopper, all the items i got have been adquired through in game coins with a little bit of luck also. This guide is completely made on the demon dex interval archer with fist for pve and bow for pve. And this way have worked wonders for me in both fields.... so this is why im posting this here now.

Dont tell me "you shouldnt make people do this or that" because im just writing what i think was best for me and for any archer that cant buy their OP gear just right away.

At the end, each one can happily choose what to do with this.

Ty.

Warning 2: This guide is not intended to be a newbie guide, is basically a Demon - pure dex archer guide. I have no intention on teaching new players of pwi the basics of playing any character.
The life of an archer
Sucks at low levels
Get better in mid levels
Is the awesomeness of the awesomeness in late 7x
Goes meh again in late 9x...
(Edited: it doesnt, if u get interval gear + lunar bow and claws... with demon spark!!!)
We are archers.
We pawn at magic classes and bms.
We keep on ticking charms on barbs while they keep on missing on us.
We kill our foes even before they can aim to us.

1. The PURE DEX build

Face it. Archers have low life, low physical defense, low magic defense but they have awesome hits. So as playing archers we need to deal the most damage possible in the least shots. We need to kill our opponents before they can even touch us.

So its all about DEX. Dextery increases physical ranged damage and accuracy and evasion status. Every 20 dex points your crit rate increase in 1%. That might not look so awesome in low levels but at higher levels the more you crit the faster the kills. (Side note: Right now Ilenka is 99, with all her gear she hasnt need to add more STR since level 90 or so... so all her points are in dex)

The pure build is easy:
Every level:
1 STR point
4 DEX points

So, it will ensure that every level you will have the minimun strengh to wear the light armor on your range with the maximun attack you can get from dex.

Ex. At level 30 a pure archer should have 34 str points and 121 dex points, giving 6% crit rate.
Please dont you even think on adding any point into MAG/INT. Those points are just worthless for us and will have to be restated later if touched.

1.1 Alternate/hybrid build

The VIT/DEX build

This is suppossed to be the balanced build.

However, in my opinion, this is just a waste of points into VIT.

Because here you are just sacrificing your DEX = physical damage points for VIT = hp and physical defense.

"Yeah but if you have more physical defense you can hold longer"

Well as stated before archers DONT NEED TO HOLD LONGER... we need to kill as fast as we can in the least shots possible.

So:
THE MORE DAMAGE WE DEAL (DEX) = LESS SHOTS TAKEN TO KILL A MOB/PLAYER = LESS HITS WE RECEIVE

Sometimes you wont even be hit. Whereas is a mob or a player trying to pk you, you can always stun/freeze >hit hit hit and it will be dead.

Someone could say at this point:

"But if we have less hp, then we will die at AOE bosses..."

All the hp you could have / must have and will have should be acquired through shards. You should shard all your gear with the best citrine shards you can adquire, and try to get armor with hp or vit attributes added.
THE MOST HP THROUGH SHARDS YOU GET = THE MORE DAMAGE YOU CAN TAKE WITHOUT SACRIFICING YOUR DEX.

Ex. Ilenka is pure dex archer level 87. Her vit base points are 3. She has 2830 hp without any kind of gear. All her gear are refined +2 or +3 and has at least 3 sockets in each piece with 3 Flawless citrines. When she put on all her gear, her hp goes up to 4012 hp. With a barb buff her hp goes over 5k. Unbuffed her hp is high enough to hold at least 3 magic (kinda crit) attacks, which gives her plenty of time to kill the caster. :)

Some months later :

Ex 2. Ilenka is a pure dex archer level 99. She can kill by herself barbs level 90 and people ganking against her.... 3 vs 1 for instance. Her vit base points are 3, and she has like 3k hp without gear. All her gear is refined +4 or +5. Recently she adquired Warsoul of Earth and Lunar Cape and its sharding with citrine gems and vit stones. In armor she has the best she can get before tt99 (2 tt90 gold bracer and leggings, tt90 boots both +4 and legendary chest 97). Unbuffed she has 6300 hp points and with barb sage buff she get close to 8k hp. For an archer is a lot. And her physical attack goes up to 11k and 28% crit rate.

So PLEASE help yourself AND GO PURE!!!

2. About the Skills

To see a full list of all the skills here and see what they do, go to http://ecatomb.net/pwi/ fansite

2.1 Passive Skills

• Winged Blessing: Each level increases the range of all ranged attack by 1 meter. Maxed gives you a 30 meters range for attacks.
  • Bow Mastery: Each level increases the physical damage you deal in certain %. Maxed gives you 60% more damage.

2.2 Active Skills

IMPORTANT NOTE. Even though i am saying we are dealing metal attacks or wood attacks, is not that we do magic attacks. The skill description says it: deals physical damage converted into metal attack. So please dont think on sharding your weapon with element shards, because that is not gonna increase the damage we deal.

SKILLS TO MAX:
  • Winged Shell: Maxed takes up to 800dmg and recovers more mana than what it uses. (Cast it when u are low in pots and wanna recover mana xD)
  • Blazing Arrow: Adds fire damage to the attack, up to 60%.
  • Frost Arrow: This is gonna be a main skill for grinding at high levels.
  • Sharpened Tooth Arrow: Max it as soon as possible. Its AOE and helps a lot at the start of bosses,
    since it makes up to 16% of hp banish in front of us.

(Important: DO THIS AS SOON AS U SEE A BOSS OR A MOB WITH HIGH HP. Astralwalker in TT 2-3 that has 5m HP, goes reduced to 4.3m, thats 700k HP in one single shot!!! It doesnt stack though, you can do it only once, as soon as your tanker gets good aggro)

<--- i edited this because some people might think that STA doesnt aggro a boss. Any attack can aggro a boss if there is no one else attacking it or if the tanker hasnt casted any aggro skill on it (Flesh Realm - Roar - Alpha Male). You usually wanna wait at least 1 Fleash Realm to use Sharpened tooth arrow, however i woulndt wait long since if you have a good squad with good DDs the hp you reduce with STA could be easily reduced with attacks from the rest of the squad in 3 seconds, making it really worthless of using. The point of using STA is to reduce the max hp when the bar is full, so it actually vanishes that 16% hp. For more info on how STA works check this guide by Elenacostel ---> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=501002

• Stunning arrow: The only real stun we have. Little stun, meh cooldown (12 secs), nice to cast at start of duels for instance, or when you dont have sparks to freeze target.

• Wings of protection: Speed buff. Evasion buff. Clerics in squad will love it, barbs in pvp will hate it... Something else to say?

PERSONAL MAXED SKILLS:
  • Aim Low: This is personal recomendation when youre grinding and full of chi. Takes one spark to freeze target for up to 8 secs (when maxed). The mob wont even have the chance to move.
  • Barrage of Arrows: This skill i maxed it specially for GV runs and FC runs. Its the best AOE for archers: constant, quick dmg, dealing 200% weapon damage. Thats insane.
  • Wingspan: Nice AOE when you are covered with mobs, since it knockback them. Maxed it knockbacks mobs surrounding you for 9 meters.

ALL METAL SKILLS SHOULD BE LEVELED AND MAXED:
  • Thundershock: Metal debuff a MUST HAVE. MAXED decreases 50% metal resistance. In a melee class thats all his resistance.
  • Lighting strike: Metal attack.
  • Thunderous Blast: AOE Attack, nice to level if you have the coins. Use it mainly in PvE, because its channeling is way too long for PvP.

SKILLS NOT WORTH LEVELING:
  • Flight Mastery: Unless youre gonna stick to the white wings all your pwi life, you really dont need this, because its effect is limited to the elves white wings.
  • Vicious Arrow and Serrated Arrow: Both deal damage over time, which is extremely meh and low, really not worth it.
  • Knockback Arrow: Leveling it only increases the damage, but not the meters of the knockback so its really not that worth it.
  • Stormrage eagleon: It looks cool to cast, but then again, it's damage over time (cost 2 sparks) and it's expensive. I barely used it from 90+

2.3 Sage or Demon?

Once u hit 89 and start doing your culti, you will be given the chance to choose what path of cultivation to follow. You can become either a Celestial Sage (Aware of the Myriad) or a Celestial Demon (Aware of the Void).

In my experience i like much more better the Demon path. Being demon, is all about quicken attacks: Increased attack rate, interval gear... get more chi, spark more, etc. Even when sage path has nice skills (with increased damage) our increased high rate kicks everyones butt (Not to mention Demon red Spark looks hawt!! and demon path is easier than Sage path).

The Best Demon Skills:
  • Quickshot: Gives 50% chance to increase your attack rate in 30% for 6 seconds. And has almost no cooldown, so u can keep casting it until it triggers. :3
  • Lighting strike: Demon metal attack NEVER MISSES!!!!
  • WingSpan: AOE physical damage, once casted it triggers a winged shell level 5 around you.
  • Barrage of Arrows: Decrease interval between hits - 0.5 and its more powerful than maxed.
  • Sharpened Tooth Arrow: Increases 10% to crit hit for 15 seconds

The Best Sage Skills:
  • Take Aim: Gives 500% damage to one shoot.
  • Winged Blessing: Gives 14 meters range increase
  • Stunning Arrow: Increase stun duration up to 4.5 secs.
  • Sharpened Tooth Arrow: Decreases boss HP up to 20%
In summary Demon is all about less interval and more crits = PvP Oriented

And Sage is more consistent damage and defenses = PvE Oriented

2. About the genies

IMPORTANT: For more information of Genies, check our Genies guide at forums :3

3. YOUR GENIE BUILD

Depends on what genie skills you would like to have, at the start a STR based genie could be a good one to have (Infliction) or DEX based genie could work too (Longevity).

Genie skills for your low levels :
  • Second Wind: Its a must have for all low levels (you can use it all the time though...) Lv. 2 healing skill. The affinity points needed are low, so its pretty much likely that at when your genie reach level 15 it would be able to have it. STR based skill: each STR genie point increase healing in 2%. When the skill is maxed it inmediately heals for 800 hp. If your genie has 40 points of STR, then your healing will be increased in 80%, meaning this skill will heal for 1440 hp. Great thing to save your life when your pots are in cooldown or your cleric is not healing :)
  • Earthquake: When you are low level and you need to PvE this skill is a must too. Knockbacks enemies in range 10 meters and has a chance to disrupt them that increases 10% with each skill level.
  • Piercing Flames: Archer and Barbarian only. Is a skill to freeze targets. Works pretty much like Aim Low but in less range and less duration. Works good to keep melee away from you.
  • Holy Path: Makes you run at the top of your speed for short time. Its very useful when running away from mobs, chasing some guy down or running in dungeons.

Genie skills in mid - high levels
  • Extreme Poison: Works like amplify damage.
  • Absolute Domain: Makes you and your party inmune to all damage and to freeze for some seconds.
  • Tree of Protection: Increases your max hp by a percentage and heals yourself at the same time
  • Expel: This skill works wonders against SINS in PvP. Seals and freezes the target for some seconds, making it inmune to physical damage for 8 seconds. Sins get out of stealth you cast spell, he gets sealed: lighting strike = dead sin.
  • Cauterize: Remove bleed effects from yourself. Useful when fighting nixes.
  • Cloud Eruption: Recharges your own chi

4. About the GEAR

GENERAL ADVISE:
  • Get always the BEST armor you can get for your level
  • Choose either 3 stars (purple armor) or legendary equipment (or molds) with HP or physical defense added.
  • Check that your armors have always ALL the elemental resistances
  • Try to get ALWAYS armors with 3 or 4 sockets, if possible. Unless it has nice atributes added.
  • Legendary armor and ormants you can get by crafting molds, or buying in archosaur. To check all the legendary stuff that can be made go to the Forges, located by General Summer in South Archosaur.
  • 3 stars you can get as FBs drop, or buying in archosaur.
  • ALWAYS ALWAYS CHECK AUCTION HOUSE before buying/selling something!!!!
Now i will present you models of gears and weapons, for 60+. All these models are based on archer pure dex builds that havent restated (5 vit - 5 mag) With all the skill maxed the best they can be. These models are cheap ones, with good survability. You can always get better gear or refines and shards. But these are at least the minimun you should aim for.

The following links will take you to pwi calculator page, with each model :3

For level 60: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8d2b5022050cc834

For level 70: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=421ffd6d824f0360
(In this one i used one LEVEL 1 tome: Tome of fecundity, which is very cheap to get nowadays)

Side note: You can always use Unicorn Bow in 70s (since its extremely cheap and easy to farm) TT70 bracer was a suggestion since u need the souledge to make the tt80, which is the souledge for tt90 gold bracer which is really good because it gives interval reduction.

Gear later on, will be mainly focused on what you are aiming for. I usually dont recommend archers wearing tt gears with some exceptions like bracers until they reach 90. (TT90 green doesnt need souledges). There are many legendary gears that can be even better than tt because of their attributes added.

TT90 green set is good however tt90 gold set gives complect bonuses. For example: If you have 2 pieces of tt90 gold it will give you Dex + 10 Bonus. There are however, gold pieces that are really hard to get and not worth doing them. I would say that tt90 gold bracers and leggings are easy to get (cheap and easy to farm) and they can be wear until you get the tt99 pieces.

If you have the money to afford it, you should get warsoul of earth and lunar cape, which are going cheaper lately, and maybe lunar ring and cube necky.

If you want to use fist or claws for pve and get less interval you should get Rank IV chest (5000 rep), tt99 bracer that reduces interval and a second piece of 99 that has the complect bonus as well. This together with tt99 protection ornaments (they both give a -0.05 interval complect bonus) and some fist / claw with reduced interval as well, can give you a 3.85 dps with demon spark. But for that you can make your own calculations :3

Good luck
Post edited by Ilenka - Harshlands on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ... Thundercrack and TT60 bracers on 70?

Ok, that's bad.

Doesn't compare to the other guides in the least.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    eer... seriously thats all u can say about this guide? the gear part is not even the main point in this... and idk why but the level 70 link seems to be broken... so idk what u talking about.. xD
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited November 2010

Ok, that's bad.

TT60 bracers? that doesnt even exist.... btw.... b:chuckle
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    TT60 bracers? that doesnt even exist.... btw.... b:chuckle

Oh whatever, those bracers are still **** and not worth the money.

If you cannot afford Bracers of Blood Moon, get Blood Bracers of Fang. Cheaper and better than TT70.

And why the heck are you even using tt60 on level 80?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    After a quick read, there's a couple things I want to point out:
    1. Sharptooth Arrow does initial damage, which, can take aggro especially if you crit. So it is best to wait til after the Barb grabs full aggro [skill]

2. Second Wind at Lvl 10 Heals for 800 HP, not 1000 HP.

3. I've never heard anyone call Wings of Protection..."Chicken Buff".
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited November 2010

Ok, that's bad.

Oh whatever, those bracers are still **** and not worth the money.

If you cannot afford Bracers of Blood Moon, get Blood Bracers of Fang. Cheaper and better than TT70.

And why the heck are you even using tt60 on level 80?

I already wrote down there why i put tt70 bracers instead of blood bracers of fang... I also used blood bracers then, since the bracers of blood moon are not really worth the money invested for the interval since you cannot stack more interval in those levels.... But then again, this guide is not about gear, that was just an example

b:surrender
    After a quick read, there's a couple things I want to point out:
    1. Sharptooth Arrow does initial damage, which, can take aggro especially if you crit. So it is best to wait til after the Barb grabs full aggro [skill]

2. Second Wind at Lvl 10 Heals for 800 HP, not 1000 HP.

3. I've never heard anyone call Wings of Protection..."Chicken Buff".

1. Elenacostel has already explained that in all about STA --> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=501002

Yes it deals damage but its after the effect. If there is a barb you only need for it to use flesh realm or any other aggro skill. All my life using that skill i have never died or pulled aggro by using it at the start of bosses unless i was the first to hit. I forgot to write that down but i never thought that would be needed.

2. Thank you for the update on that.

3. Idk, people in my server / faction used to called it like that.... b:chuckle
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2010

1. Elenacostel has already explained that in all about STA --> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=501002

Yes it deals damage but its after the effect. If there is a barb you only need for it to use flesh realm or any other aggro skill. All my life using that skill i have never died or pulled aggro by using it at the start of bosses unless i was the first to hit. I forgot to write that down but i never thought that would be needed.

Yes, I already know that the effect of STA does not draw aggro, but you should understand that this guide will be read by people who are unfamiliar with the game. The way you stated it, makes it seem like Sharptooth Arrow does not draw aggro at all. Meaning someone new might go "oh, well sharptooth doesn't draw aggro so i'll shoot it before everyone else attacks".

Just rephrase or make it clear that they should wait til after the Barb [uses their aggro skills], or whoever is Tanking [does enough damage, usually a couple seconds] before using the skill.

There's been a handful of times where I've been able to grab aggro [from a non-Barb tank] even after waiting a couple seconds because my Sharptooth Arrow crit.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    The way you stated it, makes it seem like Sharptooth Arrow does not draw aggro at all. Meaning someone new might go "oh, well sharptooth doesn't draw aggro so i'll shoot it before everyone else attacks".

Just rephrase or make it clear that they should wait til after the Barb [uses their aggro skills], or whoever is Tanking [does enough damage, usually a couple seconds] before using the skill.

Edited now. Hope it is understandable :3 Thank you
  • darkdepths578
    darkdepths578 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    *removed*
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Eh. most of the things in this guide has already been said.

You mentioned briefly interval gear and cv claws, using cv claws contradicts your support of a pure dex build.

imo you should have mentioned stunning blast for genies and also holy path is very useful for all levels not just the low ones
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Clearly you dont pk, or havnt pked for 2months+ ?and i cant believe people still think Expel can save them from sin. any half decent sin will know how to counter expel with a simple tick on the setting. please dont misslead noobs.

and tbh, lunar/cv claw is such a bad claw, if you want to use claw/fist go use FF fist

reason for it? well the proc from ff fist stack with spark, it gives you 9% extra damage. At time of writing lunar claw on HT =75mil, ff fist is only 15-20mil. By the time you spent 75mil on ff fist, its already +7 or 8 b:bye

Oh and there is no such thing as 4.35 dps, please if you want to make a guide can you at least learn some plain knowledge that everyone already knew already
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    You mentioned briefly interval gear and cv claws, using cv claws contradicts your support of a pure dex build.

imo you should have mentioned stunning blast for genies and also holy path is very useful for all levels not just the low ones

Im using Gorenox Vanity FC 85 gold fist... which has strenght requisite 135... however i think you are forgetting that we have other gears that can give that ammount of str without having to use ur base character points.

Here i can prove you how i can be a an archer with fist and still being pure dex- We have agreed that pure dex is ur level + 4 in str and whatever else in dexterity... if you see this calc i have 99 str in base points and the rest is points added from gear:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=ed6193ce0fa9fc1e

With the 36 str added from my gear i have 135 str in green number being able to use gorenox :3

On the genie side, I never used stunning blast myself at all... my genie was unlucky by then and i could only have 4 slots, even when stunning blast was interesting i thought that holy path, AD, Top and Extreme poison were better. And the reason why holy path is not in the list is because it was already mentioned in the other list... and i never thought there was a need to repeat
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Clearly you dont pk, or havnt pked for 2months+ ?and i cant believe people still think Expel can save them from sin. any half decent sin will know how to counter expel with a simple tick on the setting. please dont misslead noobs.

and tbh, lunar/cv claw is such a bad claw, if you want to use claw/fist go use FF fist

reason for it? well the proc from ff fist stack with spark, it gives you 9% extra damage. At time of writing lunar claw on HT =75mil, ff fist is only 15-20mil. By the time you spent 75mil on ff fist, its already +7 or 8 b:bye

Oh and there is no such thing as 4.35 dps, please if you want to make a guide can you at least learn some plain knowledge that everyone already knew already

seriously are u trying to troll my thread? this was suppossed to be my first atempt of a guide and ofc it can have flaws... but where is the constructive criticism?

aside from that.... yes i do pk. i pk daily.... but im not gonna discuss that with you because is not the matter of this topic. And most of sins doesnt know their way through expel and they just force in stealth... ive seen that.

Idk who started talking about lunar claws.... i never said anything about lunar claws im using FC gold level 85 Gorenox vanity but no one seems to understand that... b:lipcurl

Maybe i wrote wrong in my guide up there cuz i was trying to close it today... and notice that im not using Love up and down im not a cash shopper like you miss 5.0 archer... but, im trying to aim at this with demon spark:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=87d43ef18af94d84

I clearly stated in the end of the guide "make ur calculations urself" and what i actually wanted to write was 3.85 with demon spark... >.> you cant say i did it on porpouse it was a mistake....

but oh well.

and please, you could use ur main character to post ur message isntead of hiding a level 2 alt?
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Right you can get enough strength from gear sometimes which helps for gold frost fists (also use those) but with cv claws it takes more expensive gear to go without restating. Guess I was just nitpicking there.

And with holy path the way the skills are placed into low level and high level lists make it seem like its only good for low levels is what I'm getting at. Maybe a list that's for all levels or something is needed. And yes those 4 skills are better so they take spots first but when you can have the extra skill stunning blast is nice against melees and should get a mention
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Im using Gorenox Vanity FC 85 gold fist... which has strenght requisite 135... however i think you are forgetting that we have other gears that can give that ammount of str without having to use ur base character points.

Here i can prove you how i can be a an archer with fist and still being pure dex- We have agreed that pure dex is ur level + 4 in str and whatever else in dexterity... if you see this calc i have 99 str in base points and the rest is points added from gear:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=ed6193ce0fa9fc1e

With the 36 str added from my gear i have 135 str in green number being able to use gorenox :3

as a pure dex archer... you should have restat all the str bonuses from your gear in to dex. but then you won't be able to wear your hat... much less wield a 85 fist. it is still possible to get fist with pure dex... just need 2 mold rings and a str tome.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    seriously are u trying to troll my thread? this was suppossed to be my first atempt of a guide and ofc it can have flaws... but where is the constructive criticism?

aside from that.... yes i do pk. i pk daily.... but im not gonna discuss that with you because is not the matter of this topic. And most of sins doesnt know their way through expel and they just force in stealth... ive seen that.

Idk who started talking about lunar claws.... i never said anything about lunar claws im using FC gold level 85 Gorenox vanity but no one seems to understand that... b:lipcurl

Maybe i wrote wrong in my guide up there cuz i was trying to close it today... and notice that im not using Love up and down im not a cash shopper like you miss 5.0 archer... but, im trying to aim at this with demon spark:

I clearly stated in the end of the guide "make ur calculations urself" and what i actually wanted to write was 3.85 with demon spark... >.> you cant say i did it on porpouse it was a mistake....

but oh well.

and please, you could use ur main character to post ur message isntead of hiding a level 2 alt?

b:chuckle I really dont understand what s the difference between lvl 2 alt and main account.. i really dont.

but anyway as many MANY MANY ppl stated clearly that pw calc does not showing dps correctly, I say it again, there is NO 3.85 dps, you dont seems to be able to read at all, you have no knowledge of how the system work, yet you just come in talking up your idea.

It is the biggest BS you ever said, most sin knows to untick the buff, EXPEL WILL NOT WORK, stop making BS up. b:bye learn to play archer 1st before making a guide.

As I said in my post there is either 4 (which is 3.85 round up in pwi) or 5, there is no 3.85 nor 4.xx, but hey did you listen? NOO!!! you cant stand other people point out errors for you and start QQ right way.

As for my archer? pft everyone knows I dont cash shop on HT, i farmed and mechant all my gears up to be rank 8, but I guess that's something you can only dream of.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010

but oh well.

1. You need to have a more mature attitude if you want to make a good guide. Whether or not the criticism given to you seems troll-like, it wouldn't be there if you didn't have something to fix. Instead of lashing out at people posting about your shortcomings, you should instead look into the advice given to you, regardless the tone you receive it in.

2. You make waaaay too many spelling mistakes for me to take you seriously. It wasn't that bad when I was reading the actual guide, but your natural typing is terrible. While that is TECHNICALLY unrelated to your guide, it simply looks very unprofessional when you mispell a word in every other sentence. Don't you think it just LOOKS bad if you don't even spell as well as the people "trolling" you?

3. Oh yea and you just started being presumptuous and calling people out for cash shopping and posting from alts in your own guide thread. That's just stupid. All you did was make yourself look butthurt when people point out mistakes in your guide, which isn't something you should be doing if you want to make a good guide. Why did you bother posting this if you can't take criticism? You think everyone will just accepted it the way it is, first draft and everything? All you managed to accomplish is make yourself look foolish to anyone who knows Egaenil, and immature to people who don't.

4. Lastly, your guide does not offer much that existing guides do not. If you want your guide to be stickied you should add something of use that is not in the other guides. They are already pretty old, so it shouldn't be too hard to find new material.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2010

heres a slight variation on the build you've developed:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c589c82cbe7e508d

I made some changes in regards to:

1. the helmet, going with the less expensive TT 80 Chentien's helmet (easily farmed).
    2. Rather than Lunar Ring, went with the *much* less expensive Seal of Eternal Solitude
    3. Using 99 gold chest for 4 piece complect bonus rather than Rank 7
    4. Replacement of -interval comes from Pan Gu Creator

Now down to some maths and symantics.. the aterations I just turned out put the average (sparked) attack at just 1 point above the one you've got listed. Unless you already have (or are well on your way to) the Rank 7 chest - perhaps it would be beneficial to farm the 80 helmet, buy a seal of eternal solitude mold - and merchant out the Sign of Frost and Warsoul of Earth (does it bind??), putting you well on your way to Pan Gu Creator.

As per defenses, I'm showing on the alternate build: Higher HP, Higher Pdef, Higher Mdef. Defenses are still important in both PvP and PK since you will not always get the first hit - not to mention that if you plan to be a "tankcher" - the better your defenses are, the better chance you stand to survive.

Where accuracy is concerned.. Many 5.0 Fist BM's dont even have that much accuracy on them, and still dish out lots of insane damage while tanking / dd'ing in PvE. PvP wise since you advocate the use of bows, Heaven shatterer has +dex mod which will increase your accuracy. If you feel less than optimal accuracy wise with the bow in PvP, carry a Misty Forest ring (since you're now getting the crit from Seal of Eternal Solitude).

Just my 2cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Pure build in my opinion means str = level +4 restated.
  • Ubique - Raging Tide
    Ubique - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    a pure build imo means that when u get equip that adds strength ( note spelling) u restat as much of it to dex as you can ijs b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I am prepared to meet my maker, whether or not my maker is prepared to meet me is a different question."
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nothing special in this guide.
    I think every part of it has been disccussed ad nauseum b:spit in the stickies and threads about archers.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It is the biggest BS you ever said, most sin knows to untick the buff, EXPEL WILL NOT WORK, stop making BS up. b:bye learn to play archer 1st before making a guide.

I have been wondering... what does "untick" mean to you?

b:avoid
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    I wasnt QQing, i was just making a point. Criticism is always welcomed as long as its not rude as it was here. People calling you dumb after you wanted to write something doesnt feel good. If i wrote this it wasnt because i didnt find a guide that contained those things in one, but it really doesnt matter. This was a guide i wrote for my faction, because many people dont go through the pwi forums.

Anyway, it really sucks to hear all this people talking to you like this when i took my time to write everything and in a good and helpful mood. Everybody should be free to post and if you dont like it or if you think is wrong then correct it, good ways are always desired. If everything i said was already said before its ok, i never pretended to be original, because.... for god sake what in this planet is original?

Lastly if you dont like my guide you are just free to go away from it.

On the other hand, about my spelling mistakes, yeah i have bad spelling because english is not my mother language and unfortunately i havent been practising correct english in like 4 years? I know its a mistake but its not my duty either ... and i never knew that people can discriminate you for that. If there is someone that wants to correct my grammar, spelling and stryle is really welcomed to do so.

Im just saying, please give me a break, maybe i dont know what im talking about when i said the thing of the dps which is why i dont have a special section on interval for instance (those last paragraphs were just to end up the idea)... because i wasnt even intending on explaining something that i havent tried yet and that im trying to explore .... i dont understand why you have to go around picking on that and calling me awful things.

Any one as compromised as me with my things would feel turned down if the 1st time you try something you get all these abusive comments against.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited November 2010

but anyway as many MANY MANY ppl stated clearly that pw calc does not showing dps correctly, I say it again, there is NO 3.85 dps, you dont seems to be able to read at all, you have no knowledge of how the system work, yet you just come in talking up your idea.

<-- exactly. I dont know, thats why its not a section in my guide. And then again.. it was an IDEA. And where is the freedom of speech?<----

<--- Just because i wrote an opinion about 1 genie skill that worked in HL server, and u dont agree with it, it doesnt mean i dont know how to play an archer <---

As I said in my post there is either 4 (which is 3.85 round up in pwi) or 5, there is no 3.85 nor 4.xx, but hey did you listen? NOO!!! you cant stand other people point out errors for you and start QQ right way.

<-- i already wrote what i think about this in the previous post. And no i dont see you pointing my errors but picking whatever minimal thing you can see to call me "you dont know a thing"

As for my archer? pft everyone knows I dont cash shop on HT, i farmed and mechant all my gears up to be rank 8, but I guess that's something you can only dream of.

<-- not everyone knows... i dont know, im from HL server, i shouldnt have to know what u did in HT do i? I guess you could say im a nobody but then i could call you the same way, just because i dont know you....

<-- Yes, rank 8 is something i can only dream off, because if i would be to farm all that rep in this game that would mean i wouldnt have to do anything else but playing this game... all day around... and guess what i have other activities.... i study, i work, i hang out with my friends and i date people. Seriously you dont need to come to my thread to brag about your awesome gear r8 made of pixels.

b:bye
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    On the other hand, about my spelling mistakes, yeah I have bad spelling because English is not my mother language. Unfortunately I haven't been practising correct English in like 4 years? I know it is a mistake but it is not my duty either ... and i never knew that people can discriminate you for that. If there is someone that wants to correct my grammar, spelling and style, you are really welcome to do so.

Proper grammar, spelling, and style raise the quality of a guide. I recommend that you strive toward such best practices in your endeavors.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Thank you Elena :3 I will if I ever feel like writing a guide again and posting it in this forums.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    b:bye

LOL do you know how much I play this game? 15hrs a week roughly, but HEY I have no life, coz I spent 15hrs on this game a week. Only during 2 x I play 4hrs a day. But fair enough, I guess you got planty life b:bye
  • Dalesr - Harshlands
    Dalesr - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    jeeez, why so much hate???

I checked her pw calcs turns out she was using some stuff that she got from one day to the other, but anyway, her ideas were on the right path, just because they were poorly written or not expressed correctly doesn't mean you all have to go Tupac Amaru on her and rip her in pieces.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=951a7902b3d276ca

me atm, no cash shopping hence the crappy refines on armor and **** shards.

About expel... everytime I have casted it on myself it has worked against sins. Not a single one has "unticked the buff" whatever that is anyway.

Rank 8... ya well I only needed a few days of Nirvana and merchanting to get the 60m and get me R8...

oh well, im sleepy

SneakyStalk out
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Epic necro.
  • Dalesr - Harshlands
    Dalesr - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Epic necro.

how is it an epic necro when only 1 month passed from last response? zZz