Please don't use wing for earthguard

MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
Some people suspect that earthguard (new race in genesis expansion) aerocraft will be wings just like tideborn, i wonder . . b:surrender

So is these true and are these going to be another recycle of elves wing just like tideborn ?
I wish they not use wing though . . b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
Post edited by MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just came from the thread in GD and saw that picture there.

Hopefully they won't give Earthguards wings... T.T

And it's not like there weren't thousands of suggestions on new types of aerogear by people. . . b:surrender

PWE - as creative as always...

But well, maybe the wings of the EG of this artwork were kind of a mistake... I mean there is that picture with that veno/sin hybrid... A function to mislead us players...^^
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    complete agree here. are they running out of ideas?

give them idk flying plants or floverw, some aura surrounding, or hermes shoes with wings. there are so many options, but no, we have to use same ideas but just change collors and form of wings. yea thats easy to create. other objects will be harder to create then recycle older ideas. but some kind of underground flyobjects will be fine. like human or beastkind. just change the theme, like flowers or lumber or elements like you surf on water, or earth or fire or treeleaves. they have options to copy ideas of superheroes or let them fly on big tree leaves or clouds like goku!!!!

http://www.w3rkshop.com/iceman001.jpg
    http://redtory.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/flame-on.jpg?w=500&h=318
    <--- for example for flying auras

then flying leave or cloud most famous example from dragonball
    http://www.onlineflashfreegames.net/imgonline/dragon-dragon-ball-fields.jpg

i will except every idea, but not the same thing all over again. any other idea is much better then recycle the old stuff. look how easy that is. i thought jus about one minute of other kind of airgear and have till now many ideas. but thats not the point what i wanna have. my point is not to have the same thing. i will be happy of everything but not whings. flyswords, or animals, coz all that is in pw already!!!

that could be realy nice, but no wings. now will be 3 races with wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kethalinal - Dreamweaver
    Kethalinal - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I totally agree, but recucling something old is cheaper, remember? They are not going to attract much bigger playerbase if they create something new to worth their money. On the otheer hand I wonder what would creatures that lived underground would use to fly. Transformation, perhaps?
    1. Armethil - Sanctuary
    2. Kethalinal - Dreamweaver
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I have to admit that the artwork alone doesn't necessarily mean they will use wings, so please don't take it as absolute proof. >.>

I think they will most likely use wings but we don't know this for certain, I thought so because:

1) they pictured all female chars of all classes on a single wallpaper, if the girl in question was elf why would they include 2 elfs in the same wallpaper;
    2) she has the same tiara that the 3D model of the Mystic girl has, so I thought she might be an Earthguard...

Still this doesn't prove anything but looks highly possible, I will be much happier if they don't use wings like everyone else. xD And even if they do, I don't think PWI can do a thing about it, it's the devs in China that design all these things. b:surrender
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think the girl in the picture is an elf.

In the watermark picture in the pack she has no central forehead gem (the distinguishing characteristic of earthguard) and seems to have elf head-wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Um I think these are just hair decorations, not wings, but no one knows I guess. b:surrender
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    is it me or can you see the elf wings on her head in teh backround of the pictureb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • Kethalinal - Dreamweaver
    Kethalinal - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    1) they pictured all female chars of all classes on a single wallpaper, if the girl in question was elf why would they include 2 elfs in the same wallpaper
    'Cuz there are two humans?
    1. Armethil - Sanctuary
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i think this new race should ride on creatures tht are made of different substances like for example a flying stone dragon with some leafs on different parts of its body,or just some kind of creature tht is made of wood idk all the ideas are jumbled up in my head but thts my basic thought of what they should ride onb:chuckle
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    'Cuz there are two humans?

Oh lol, I guess I was too sleepy. I meant a female of every class except for TBs, but now I noticed a female BM is also missing. XD Still it seems to me that it would be weird for them to picture two clerics or two archers. b:surrender

Upon closer examination I noticed that the two girls in the wallpaper are actually two different people, the one in front and the other in the background.

And their armor is different too, but took me some time to notice it. One of them has the EG head gem while the other has elf wings on the head. o.o

Could it be that the one on the right is elf and the other on the left is EG? Or maybe they are a mystic and a seeker. b:surrender b:surrender b:surrender

http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100827/10031282877157502.jpg

The armor: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100827/10031282876065818.jpg

and: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100826/10031282817719109.jpg

EDIT 2: Just noticed that the background of this one: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100826/10031282809540291.jpg is the new Earthguard setting: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/images/content/CA1.jpg

An earthguard behind the Earth? XD http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100827/10031282877897219.jpg

These new wallpapers were released in the Chinese P2P version of PW just a month ago, as if exactly for the new expansion. I really love speculating. XDD
  • ironmaiden00
    edited November 2010
    what a piece of .... what theyre thinkin!!!
    this race is maybe ok. like all of the races. there is no race i dont like. all have some good sides. but they failed with wings for tideborn. and now they do the same with this one?
    i dont know the magekind idk i never see them without whings. maybe its part of theit look of armour. like kamael ( if im right) of lineage that have whings but not for fly. but thats just my hope. every possibility were better that whings, swords od animals!!! i know thats not the work of pwi but why there is here a sugestion section. for bringing old things back? i think they have contact to china and tell them whats going in our heads. i mean they have to give china a feedback what werere thinking about. maybe not but it should happen. i donk know what the people in china are thinkin about, but i think the same
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Armethil - Sanctuary
    Armethil - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Maybe the chinese community liked the wings?
    1. Armethil - Sanctuary
  • PsychedHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychedHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You know, I honestly believe that the Eathguards should have something modern to use to fly. I mean honestly, wings? I'm tired of being a little pixie bish v.vb:surrender
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Maybe the chinese community liked the wings?

Me too if only the new wings created is not just a copy paste from one of elves wing model . .

Tideborn wings is created from elves glitter flap wing, but with less flapping frequency. Not just that the wings seem poorly made, you can see that in lower graphic setting tideborn wings is far from the good graphic setting.

Some people like to say they just copy glitter skeletal model, some barely 3D skin to cover it, then add some shiny effect and slow the flapping frequency, taa daa Tideborns Wings !!

Not to mention that even until now none of tb wings is upgradeable . . so everyone stuck to buy the best wing available.

The good thing of these was . . race with copy pasta wings will be cheaper in boutique compared to other race. Which mean more players can afford it. But that isn't a good excuse i think . . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol this artwork was around long time before genesis expansion or earthguard even were announced...

so earthguard might get wings/might not only thing that you can be sure they will be on sale in cashshop/in packs right from the start b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • ironmaiden00
    edited November 2010
    yeah if the whings wille be different to the older. but i dont believe. lets have propeller on our butts as upgrade and a skill to fly faster by farting b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arceon_Rage - Lost City
    Arceon_Rage - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i think a Chinese traditional dragon would be awesome. ore a horse on thunder clouds. and maybe DBZ like flyimg
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    and maybe DBZ like flyimg

b:dirtyb:avoidb:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    These new wallpapers were released in the Chinese P2P version of PW just a month ago, as if exactly for the new expansion. I really love speculating. XDD

The P2P version has nothing to do with the F2P one. They had their own expansion, and those pictures are elves.

world2: P2P
    w2i: F2P
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I like the idea of Flying Rocks the best. Go with that. :D

Or flying mounts like Untamed, but obviously different, and not fail like Swiftshadow (if you like it, then whatever, I couldn't use it because of the floating blue balls it trailed that would give me a seizure unless I zoomed all the way in when flying).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Stormmaker - Dreamweaver
    Stormmaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i know ill sound **** saying this, but maybe they shouldn't fly at all. they are called the earthguard. if anything, make underground caverns( that'd be awesome). you'd be able to have a ton of earth monsters underground. it'd be... interesting... to see it in action( not that i think the makers care about my single idea)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thanks dorset for the sig;]

MAH PSYCHIC IS ON THE HONOR ROLL
    edited November 2010
    i know ill sound **** saying this, but maybe they shouldn't fly at all. they are called the earthguard. if anything, make underground caverns( that'd be awesome). you'd be able to have a ton of earth monsters underground. it'd be... interesting... to see it in action( not that i think the makers care about my single idea)

Other than creating the new surface world, the developer also making underground world. b:chuckle
    So maybe there a chance . . b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    would give me a seizure unless I zoomed all the way

Myriad Rainbow says hi.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    until actual ingame imagery is release I wouldn't put too much stock in artists rendering.

for the longest time the front page of PWI had a veno with daggers! (pretty sure it might still be on one of the random loading screens)

For my two cents opinion, I would prefer they use the human upright flying stance and perhaps have nature based reskinning of swords - so we get flying trees, branches vine or plant covered, or rocklike aerogear. Who wouldnt want to fly around on a giant maple leaf :p (mmmm maple syrup)

this at least would differentiate it from the elves and the tideborn. untamed have animal mounts so that is out. but a more nature centred gear might be nice.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    The P2P version has nothing to do with the F2P one. They had their own expansion, and those pictures are elves.

world2: P2P
    w2i: F2P

I wouldn't say ''nothing to do'', their updates are almost always absolutely the same, plus the new artworks have the distinctive features of the new race. All I can do is speculate. b:pleased b:cute
  • ironmaiden00
    edited November 2010
    http://js.my.tv.sohu.com/ppp/mv/swf.old_v_2010071314/Main.swf?id=4885126&type=Singleton&domain=out&skin=4&hostname=

hm hope no whings. but trailer is nice

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101105/56515.shtml

and lol whta the heck is this. they transform into bowlingballs of fire xD
    if you translate the last sentence at the last picture it means:

Where a giant fireball fly. the one with the monster one says that monster will now be able to shout. thats nice. our mobs make sound but it comes randomly. so this one will be more active i guess

xD lol? but anyway would be waaaaay better then wings
    or give us A-Ts for flying xD
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4592/animepaperwallpapersairgearota.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I like wings. I hope the Earthguard have wings. The maneuverability of wings are much better than the riding beasts or flying swords.

Let's do some math.
    Wings:
    Winged Elves
    Tideborn

Riding gear:
    Untamed
    Humans

So it's even at this point. So the next expansion after Earthguard might include a riding flying gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myrtle - Raging Tide
    Myrtle - Raging Tide Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    world2:p2p?
    and
    w2:f2p?
    are two dif games? or what..? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Each time the sun goes down,
    I remember that somewhere near,
    It's spreding its first morning sunshines.
    b:shy
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    Zairi - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I vote for flying Rocks! :O
    edited November 2010
    world2:p2p?
    and
    w2:f2p?
    are two dif games? or what..? b:surrender

Simple way :
    The exist current version on all the world is f2p version (stripped off it's p2p features & some other)

The p2p version is canceled (only available on CN) because they don't think it will have that many player base to keep up with updates cost and maintenance for the already running server. (they kinda rushing on release because development money limit i guess, heck . . how awesome was the original idea ?)

But they kinda right, since f2p version games these days tend to make more moneys.
    (expect the p2p version charge high amount of money to play for the sake of replacing item mall)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]