Black Sand Palace - In Genesis Expansion?

Wolferinex - Lost City
Wolferinex - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
As the new expansion's coming out, I was wondering if the Black Sand Palace dungeon would be added (Consdering that the new races are going to be Earth-based), I would think it would be a very high chance for that to happen. Although, I never heard any offical news about it's construction being "Cancelled" or anything.

My opinion (Or question likewise) is that this Dungeon should be added for The Earthguard races as FB 19 (Or an FB 109 event dungeon like Warsong and Nirvana)

Any confirmed answers?
Post edited by Wolferinex - Lost City on

Comments

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It was an old dungeon like Forest Ruins or Dragon Palace, ages ago, in China, before the game went free to play & came to North America as PWI. Chances are, if it were to be re-added, they wouldnt add it back how it was. It would probably be a recycling (like how demon FB109 became nirvana and sage FB109 became warsong). In fact considering how they hate to actually design real new dungeons, i'd say there's a high probability that it will be recycled and used as the new gear dungeon for the expansion.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It was an old dungeon like Forest Ruins or Dragon Palace, ages ago, in China, before the game went free to play & came to North America as PWI. Chances are, if it were to be re-added, they wouldnt add it back how it was. It would probably be a recycling (like how demon FB109 became nirvana and sage FB109 became warsong). In fact considering how they hate to actually design real new dungeons, i'd say there's a high probability that it will be recycled and used as the new gear dungeon for the expansion.

WRONG, Black Sand Palace NEVER existed, the only proof that it could've possibly existed was the ingame map (there is no minimap) for it

There are no client map files for it either, even in the pay to play version, nothing, nada, zilch, zip
  • SSarmento - Raging Tide
    SSarmento - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    FB 109 (demon) will be on demon world...there are a cave in the far west top on the map.
  • Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary
    Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Pretty sure this will be locked for this post.

On a few private servers, the 109 Fbs were inside the Demon and Sage worlds. Seeing as those were based on the old Lost Empire files, I take it that PWI wouldnt be much different.

But then again, this is only a theory based on observation from other places.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some of us arent looking for anything logical, like money.

We cannot be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

We just want to see the world burn...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    WRONG, Black Sand Palace NEVER existed, the only proof that it could've possibly existed was the ingame map (there is no minimap) for it

There are no client map files for it either, even in the pay to play version, nothing, nada, zilch, zip

If that is the case, explain http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/map.php
    They have the very map this topic is about posted on their site. Oh look, the map is clearly in PWI format. This implies they got it from the PWI files.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    If that is the case, explain http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/map.php
    They have the very map this topic is about posted on their site. Oh look, the map is clearly in PWI format. This implies they got it from the PWI files.

You apparently can't read let me highlight for you

What they have on that page is the ingame map you would've seen from pressing m IF that actually existed, it does not actually exist, and it never did the only remnant of it is that particular image which is a dds file inside of surfaces.pck
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    there is a deactivated dungeon in the land of buried bones...

other than mist city/hall of blasphemy nothing on the map...

seems like this dungeon was not even available in p2p version...

black sand palace...no! b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:surprised

What do your elf eyes see?
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Interesting O_O wtb more speculation/info lol
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2010

sounds like frankie is hiding something O_O
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What they have on that page is the ingame map you would've seen from pressing m IF that actually existed, it does not actually exist, and it never did the only remnant of it is that particular image which is a dds file inside of surfaces.pck
    Just cuz they didn't add an unfinished project in the client doesn't mean it isn't in their development computers either
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    there is a deactivated dungeon in the land of buried bones...

other than mist city/hall of blasphemy nothing on the map...

There's also an unused portal similar to the one at DWP/Nightscream over at North Barrier Village. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010

please respond to your emails before you get to trolling b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i'm still waitin for them to use that unused protal on that little island of the west bank of fishyland. Dont remember what its called on the map offthe top of my head
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i'm still waitin for them to use that unused protal on that little island of the west bank of fishyland. Dont remember what its called on the map offthe top of my head

Oh, yeah forgot about Dawn's Cry Isle.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You apparently can't read let me highlight for you

Why would they bother localizing a map they were not going to use? Why is it there in the first place if they are not going to use it? Why does it exist at all if they never planned to use it?

Why is there an unused portal in the land of buried bones? A desert? A map called Black sand palace? A portal with nothing behind it yet? Sounds like a good place to put it to me.

Stop pretending you know it all and ask yourself those questions.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Oh, yeah forgot about Dawn's Cry Isle.

dawns cry? no thats up north east of anglers illage and the land off the east of the map there is the race.

i'm talking about that little island between tiderage and the public quest land
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadrika - Sanctuary
    Shadrika - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    dawns cry? no thats up north east of anglers illage and the land off the east of the map there is the race.

i'm talking about that little island between tiderage and the public quest land

Shrine of the Tides? I've been wondering about that one myself.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Why would they bother localizing a map they were not going to use? Why is it there in the first place if they are not going to use it? Why does it exist at all if they never planned to use it?

Why is there an unused portal in the land of buried bones? A desert? A map called Black sand palace? A portal with nothing behind it yet? Sounds like a good place to put it to me.

Stop pretending you know it all and ask yourself those questions.

Who the hell knows why they did it, but they did, there are no client maps at all for it other then that one image, other then that there are no references AT ALL in the client for it...

Do I need to highlight again person that can not read?
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I still demand a cave only demon and sages can see in using the light from their fairies!!!

b:avoidMonsters be hiding in the dark.b:avoid
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I still demand a cave only demon and sages can see in using the light from their fairies!!!

b:avoidMonsters be hiding in the dark.b:avoid

That sounds epic o.o....

When can we see this implemented?
  • Wolferinex - Lost City
    Wolferinex - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Unactivated Portal in Land of Buried Bones? Now that's a rare info to stumble across.

Investigating more now..