Assassin Guide

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Huh...?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol sometimes it's best not to ask
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    b:laugh Alright then...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Silent_Doom - Harshlands
    Silent_Doom - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    thanks solved my doubt about meaning of intervalb:laughb:byeb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I ASSASSINATE YOU IN SILENCE b:shockedb:laughb:coolb:avoid
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Anyone know the formulas for evasion? More specific against magic.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
    edited November 2010
    Genies aside, evasion means nothing against magic, it always hits. The only skill allowing you to "evade" a magical hit is tidal protection(**Focused Mind**not tidal), but it's not evading it persay, just giving a 25% chance to negate the damage to 1.

As for the actual evasion formulas, may want to check with the archer forum goer's or Paramedic.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Genies aside, evasion means nothing against magic, it always hits. The only skill allowing you to "evade" a magical hit is tidal protection, but it's not evading it persay, just giving a 25% chance to negate the damage to 1.

As for the actual evasion formulas, may want to check with the archer forum goer's or Paramedic.

You mean Focused Mind, obviously. Tidal Protection gives a chance to evade a status effect.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited November 2010
    You mean Focused Mind, obviously. Tidal Protection gives a chance to evade a status effect.

^ lol +1 , he's absolutely right. My post has the right percent with the wrong skill name, 50% chance to reduce damage to 1 would really **** a lot of people off b:chuckle

See Typh, I make my own fail mistakes =P
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ty I'll go look in the section right now. :)
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    See Typh, I make my own fail mistakes =P
    Hey, we're only human.
    b:pleased
    ~Spazz~
  • darkguido13
    darkguido13 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This is going to sound stupid..

When you say "Twin Strike
    Range Melee
    Mana (-5+7*skill level)
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 0.9 seconds
    CoolDown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers
    Require Cultivation Spiritual Initiate

A stabbing thrust with both daggers.
    Deals base physical damage plus (-41.2+<Growth*7>+<skill level*51>).

Assault Focus Priority - Low:"

How much skill points did i have to allocate in that skill?

(I still didn't play the game so i don't know if there is ever skill points..)
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    First interval stage after 1.25 should be 1.33.
    Third interval stage after 1.25 should be 1.54.

Apparently the OP of that quote did the math him/herself, not taking into account how the game rounds off interval progression.

I was thinking of creating an alt sin, but I changed my mind because information picked up from the Chinese servers by the Wizards is that the coming expansion will also nerf the APS limit to 3. If true, then ya'll might find that the business of sinning is about to take a turn for the worse. :) peace out
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    This is going to sound stupid..

When you say "Twin Strike
    Range Melee
    Mana (-5+7*skill level)
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 0.9 seconds
    CoolDown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers
    Require Cultivation Spiritual Initiate

A stabbing thrust with both daggers.
    Deals base physical damage plus (-41.2+<Growth*7>+<skill level*51>).

Assault Focus Priority - Low:"

How much skill points did i have to allocate in that skill?

(I still didn't play the game so i don't know if there is ever skill points..)

There are no skill points and eventually you'll have all skills leveled to their maximum level.

Twin Strike is a pretty bad skill, so you shouldn't level it.
    I was thinking of creating an alt sin, but I changed my mind because information picked up from the Chinese servers by the Wizards is that the coming expansion will also nerf the APS limit to 3. If true, then ya'll might find that the business of sinning is about to take a turn for the worse. :) peace out

Firstly, it's highly unlikely that they will nerf the aps, since even suggesting changing Demon Spark caused a major uproar on the Chinese forums. And if they did that here, it'd cause a massive uproar from all of the 4-5 aps people who cash shopped to get their aps.

Secondly, 3.33 aps is quite fine for an assassin. You can still permaspark due to all the chi gain you'd get from skills.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    There are no skill points and eventually you'll have all skills leveled to their maximum level.

Twin Strike is a pretty bad skill, so you shouldn't level it.

Firstly, it's highly unlikely that they will nerf the aps, since even suggesting changing Demon Spark caused a major uproar on the Chinese forums. And if they did that here, it'd cause a massive uproar from all of the 4-5 aps people who cash shopped to get their aps.

Secondly, 3.33 aps is quite fine for an assassin. You can still permaspark due to all the chi gain you'd get from skills.

I think they been getting massive uproar already because 5 APS unbalanced the game, for all classes that can't go interval. Heck, there are archers out there now with fists. lol It isn't that sins shouldn't be so good in PVP, we want that. That is what you're supposed to be. The problem is Nirvana and TT. So, I think the APS question applies across the board, not just to the sins. It's good to know that 3 APS is sufficient though. We don't want to imbalance the game in the wrong direction either. KK back to my wizard's den. Peace out to the sin brothers and sisters.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    They've been saying this about EVERYTHING in the game since it came out. -eyeroll-
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    I think they been getting massive uproar already because 5 APS unbalanced the game, for all classes that can't go interval. Heck, there are archers out there now with fists. lol It isn't that sins shouldn't be so good in PVP, we want that. That is what you're supposed to be. The problem is Nirvana and TT. So, I think the APS question applies across the board, not just to the sins. It's good to know that 3 APS is sufficient though. We don't want to imbalance the game in the wrong direction either. KK back to my wizard's den. Peace out to the sin brothers and sisters.

The problem with reducing the APS cap is that if you reduce it so that a BM cannot permaspark, a sin still can. If you reduce it so that a sin cannot permaspark, you've pretty much killed off fist BMs.
    They've been saying this about EVERYTHING in the game since it came out. -eyeroll-

OMG THEY GONNA MAKE TT90 ARMORS REQUIRE SOULEDGES?!
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010

OMG THEY GONNA MAKE TT90 ARMORS REQUIRE SOULEDGES?!

You mean you didn't get the memo? *twitch*
    ~Spazz~
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I didnt't see this (unless i am going blind), and i know several other sins who do this, so i'll throw this out there:

I have found that on AoE bosses (think FB/BH51, DoD, etc) using a bow makes a whole lot less work for your cleric, especially when the squad contains many squishies. Our range with a bow is insufficient to get us out of AoE range, but it does get us close enough to easily run out and pot if needed. DPS also takes a dive, but you can throw your sparks into burst since all skills become unavailable anyway. hotkeying the weaps makes for easy spark renewal (with some practice, you have to remember to cancel out auto-attack as you swap or you will run in--which is exactly what this is trying to avoid) and access to skills when needed.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Actually, all classes can spark with any weapon or no weapon at all. I demon spark often in FCC with my OHT bow and can wipe a harpy easily.
    Bragging aside... At your level, sparking with a bow isn't not going to really help you since your aps is so low, and thus, so is your chi gain.

Oh wait a minute...
    You're saying swap weapons to use chi gainers. Gotchya. Still, aside from Pole in BH69, World and Twilight boss, you are very unlikely to die from boss aoe unless you are crappily geared or built...
    I really never had a problem dying from boss aoe and I used mostly 1-3 star gear until I was well into my 70s.
    ~Spazz~
  • EusCaldum - Raging Tide
    EusCaldum - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hey guys its ok if i distribuid my stats in 1vit1str3dex?for my assasin please hellp me
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Technically, yes, it's "ok." You can do whatever you want; the world isn't going to end.
    Seriously now, you didn't read the guide, did you...?
    ~Spazz~
  • OO_Killa_Oo - Heavens Tear
    OO_Killa_Oo - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i got a dumb Q what dose Kite mean???
    edited January 2011
    FYI a sage cler WITH PLUME SHELL BOOKS THE PLUME SHELL ASORBS 85%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so u think ull win just watch them first and see that 5% can make a differnce since i have a cler ^^ and a archer but i love this sin i do massive dmg even with lvl 43 daggers im waiting till 80 i have hook and thorn with 2 immac phys shards i will supress my dmg and i still dont die and then i will have my full power with lvl 80 and i have r5 armor and im going for the int
  • PWassassin - Harshlands
    PWassassin - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    im sorry, but why do i need lvl 10 bloodpaint even being a interval sin?
    cuz it only increases the time , there is some evil or sage thing to do with that?
    edited January 2011
    im with you PW i dont see the point inc the time or cuz they want us to book it so it abowsorbs more??
    edited January 2011
    It has been answered several times outside of this thread but it seems no one else has the patience to answer again.

Blood Paint's duration does increase as you level it, the effect of the blood suck is directly proportionate to the damage that YOU deal. Raising the level of the skill provides a longer duration buff for yourself and your squad mates.

As you gain levels and increase your damage the buff itself is constantly keeping par with you so you can never out-level or make the skill feel outdated it's an essential part of playing your sin. The harder you hit, the more useful the skill becomes.

tc guys <3 Evi , back in February to see expansion
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It has been answered several times outside of this thread but it seems no one else has the patience to answer again.

Blood Paint's duration does increase as you level it, the effect of the blood suck is directly proportionate to the damage that YOU deal. Raising the level of the skill provides a longer duration buff for yourself and your squad mates.

As you gain levels and increase your damage the buff itself is constantly keeping par with you so you can never out-level or make the skill feel outdated it's an essential part of playing your sin. The harder you hit, the more useful the skill becomes.

tc guys <3 Evi , back in February to see expansion

Sage bloodpaint raises bloodpaint suck to 3%. b:dirty

*Waits to be bashed for mentioning sage sin.* b:surrender
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    i got a dumb Q what dose Kite mean???

Kiting is a techingue ranged classes use to stay alive when fighting melees. It's synonymous with "running and gunning."
    ~Spazz~
  • Red_blaze - Lost City
    Red_blaze - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    this is a very helpful guide, i have learned a lot from it
  • CelticOrphan - Dreamweaver
    CelticOrphan - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    how much str should a sin have to their lvl? anyone know?
    i know i'm noobish, i know i'm a nub. get over my awsome craziness already and stop stalking me b:laugh