Sage Versus Demon

MsSerenity - Lost City
MsSerenity - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Psychic
So here is me Wondering about sage versus demon as a psychic all ive ever seen on Lost City are sage psy's can anybody tell meh why? :D whats so good with sage besides the genie skill that gives meh chib:dirty but i mean whats the pro's and cons of the 2 sides :) thanks all =D
Post edited by MsSerenity - Lost City on

Comments

• LittIewg - Heavens Tear
    LittIewg - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So here is me Wondering about sage versus demon as a psychic all ive ever seen on Lost City are sage psy's can anybody tell meh why? :D whats so good with sage besides the genie skill that gives meh chib:dirty but i mean whats the pro's and cons of the 2 sides :) thanks all =D

Go read Hynos Guide. Im pretty sure he talks about Sage/Demon skills there.
  • MsSerenity - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    i have it downloaded but im wondering what other people have chosen for there's :)
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010

just saying that it's not a genie skill. it has casting time too xD
  • MsSerenity - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    guys.. i wanna know why YOU personally chose demon or sage u funny people xD TELL ME!b:angry
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I decided on sage because I want to be on the side of Good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *Sage Bubble of Life purifies.

*Sage Soul of Vengeance doesn't cost MP (FINALLY I can put it on tanks)

*Sage Landslide increases range by 3 meters (which I think is roughly equal to PvE mob's magic range, so no more walking forward slightly! :D)

*Sage DoTs do more damage than Demon. Demon does them in less time, but still have the same cooldown, so it's kind of pointless.

*Sage Soulburn and Psychic Will duration increases by 2 seconds. Which is the equivalent of roughly 7 more levels if it went at the same pace. o.o

*Sage Black Voodoo = 3 more attack levels <3

*-3% channeling on Demon White Voodoo is pointless. ._.

*Sage SoSilence is 5 seconds.

*6 second freeze on Glacial Shards.

**50% chance for a chi-free Earth Vector

**50% chance for 1-spark Red Tide

**Spirit Blast is sexy for chi, since it's one of our main DPS skills anyway

**50 free chi every minute

The double-starred ones are important because we're a very chi-reliant class. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Also like to add on that sage Landslide's extra effect is WAAAAAAY more effective than you'd expect. You'd think it'd be near worthless. In reality it let's you stand pretty damn far away and use it, often allowing you to increase your damage output in some cases.

Demon's not bad either though. I mean like Glacial shards is a great example: Sage gives a longer duration, demon gives better chance of success. Soul of Silence too: Sage gives longer duration, demon gives better chance of success.
    Most Demon Psys will probably point to Landslide, Sandburst Blast, Tide Spirit, Soul of Vengeance and Aqua Cannon as a few worthwhile skills on their end.

To me though, Psy will and Soulburn are absolutely crucial skills for Psys. Anything that increases their duration, even by a bit, is golden. The added effect on Bubble of Life is essentially a new skill in itself, as well. Earth Vector and Psy will are perhaps the two most important and used skills overall, and both need a spark. The extra chi skill and the 50% chance of Earth Vector not costing a spark for sage Psys is also golden.
    I <3 AGOREY