newest patch

Options
Varykos - Raging Tide
Varykos - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Support Desk
it seems this patch disagrees with my OS, windows 7. after a couple minutes in game, immediately following this patch and not before, my entire machine locks up requiring a hard shutdown. anyone else getting this result? b:cryb:shockedb:angryb:sad
Post edited by Varykos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Varykos - Raging Tide
    Varykos - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it seems this patch disagrees with my OS, windows 7. after a couple minutes in game, immediately following this patch and not before, my entire machine locks up requiring a hard shutdown. anyone else getting this result? b:cryb:shockedb:angryb:sad

or whatever maintenance was done last night...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Here are some things that might help you...

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera