TW Report will be done by Rawrgh

NPCnews - Raging Tide
NPCnews - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Tideswell (East)
We had a request form one of the "really" active forum members here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=895332

...and accordingly we had a volunteer coming forward here:
I will be doing the TW reports from now on.

It is really nice to see more people wanting to participate in this project. Especially Rawrgh whose activity on the forum has been noticeable - if not by quality then by quantity.
My feeling is that time has come to put all that energy to good use.
I will take the liberty of giving you few pointers tho, sice your previous work lack in content and style.
examples of all your previus work are here:

- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=844432
(do i need to comment this one?)

- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=801002
(lack of structure - it is really hard to make heads and tails of this. Non the less, it is your best work - although leaves much to be desired for)

- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=811002
(no comment -.-)

This would be an ideal TW Report if you ask me:
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=849442

-gives people something to discus before actual bidding with "Bidding predictions"
-random thoughts on this weeks turn out need to be inspiring and make people wan to participate in TW.
-TW Results with short description of the war and occasional interview with the leader or an faction officer quoting the most impressive comment they make.
-land count prior and after TW's is important so everyone can see the overall progress from TWing factions.

There are some other things I could add, but does not mater atm.

Why am I steeping back?
Answer to that question is easy. One does not need to go any further but read some really unnecessary comets to TW report by certain people. Week by week I had to reduce in content in order to reduce the slander that flowed. Unfortunately there was not much left from the whole TW report except raw data, and even then people didn't stop complain QQ. I dislike doing a dried up report.

That being said, Rawrgh here by I hand you the "TW Report wand" - use it wisely. I will, however, look over your shoulder since you have proven in the past to lack some maturity and commitment to perform any serious task - I hope you prove me wrong.

Good day all :)
Post edited by NPCnews - Raging Tide on

Comments

• VeritasXXX - Raging Tide
    VeritasXXX - Raging Tide Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2010

hahahahahaha i can't wait to see if Rawrgh really does them.b:chuckle

• Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2010

hahahahahaha i can't wait to see if Rawrgh really does them.b:chuckle

Hahaha! I'd love to see a video desctiption of each one, like the "QQme vs Poseidon" vid b:chuckle

EDIT: @NPCnews about last link:

This was, imo, the perfect TW report: complete, flame-free, full of content, innovative, an interesting reading in general.

But week after week it started to lose content: no more interviews, predictions became only "Faction 1 wins in 15 mins" and so did the battle report ("Faction 1 won in 10 mins, gz Faction 1"), and so on. Idk why is this, maybe because some factions were erased from the map, maybe because of TW changes, maybe you lost your sources, idk. I looked forward to your report every week but then it became rather repetitive.

I'd love to see the old TW report back and im sure many others do too. This isn't with the intention of flaming or anything, your job is truly apreciated, and i hope to see your report next week :)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    We had a request form one of the "really" active forum members here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=895332

...and accordingly we had a volunteer coming forward here:

It is really nice to see more people wanting to participate in this project. Especially Rawrgh whose activity on the forum has been noticeable - if not by quality then by quantity.
    My feeling is that time has come to put all that energy to good use.
    I will take the liberty of giving you few pointers tho, sice your previous work lack in content and style.
    examples of all your previus work are here:

- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=844432
    (do i need to comment this one?)

- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=801002
    (lack of structure - it is really hard to make heads and tails of this. Non the less, it is your best work - although leaves much to be desired for)

- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=811002
    (no comment -.-)

This would be an ideal TW Report if you ask me:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=849442

-gives people something to discus before actual bidding with "Bidding predictions"
    -random thoughts on this weeks turn out need to be inspiring and make people wan to participate in TW.
    -TW Results with short description of the war and occasional interview with the leader or an faction officer quoting the most impressive comment they make.
    -land count prior and after TW's is important so everyone can see the overall progress from TWing factions.

There are some other things I could add, but does not mater atm.

Why am I steeping back?
    Answer to that question is easy. One does not need to go any further but read some really unnecessary comets to TW report by certain people. Week by week I had to reduce in content in order to reduce the slander that flowed. Unfortunately there was not much left from the whole TW report except raw data, and even then people didn't stop complain QQ. I dislike doing a dried up report.

That being said, Rawrgh here by I hand you the "TW Report wand" - use it wisely. I will, however, look over your shoulder since you have proven in the past to lack some maturity and commitment to perform any serious task - I hope you prove me wrong.

Good day all :)
    Maturity and seriousness is what's killing TW reports, IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:surrender
    What have you brought to this world now.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    TW report thread is just a trolling and flame thread.
  • Sephirothxp - Heavens Tear
    Sephirothxp - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'll speak up as a proud non factor that i am

NPCnews is sux!!! tw reports are a BeingHope thread disguised b:shutup
    Your envy feeds my ego b:thanks
    -Retired as of December 26th, 2009.

Originally Posted by Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    one can never satisfy everyone.
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You guys should put all the reports into one thread like Sanct did. That's how we got 566 pages of spam. I'm sure RT can spam more than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    That's not the way to do it, people will QQ no matter what. So what? It's them who weren't doing anything. Personally I enjoyed your reports I think you did a great job... I couldn't care less about the bias of the predictions, interesting to read anyway. b:thanks
  • Myrtle - Raging Tide
    Myrtle - Raging Tide Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    NPCnews ur doing a Great job :P
    I honestly apreaciate it b:cute
    keep doing it :P cuz u really ROCK at it:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Each time the sun goes down,
    I remember that somewhere near,
    It's spreding its first morning sunshines.
    b:shy
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Why am I steeping back?
    )

Noooo , don't step back ! Your TW report threads are awesome , I liked them even more than I liked Noob's ones .

There will always be ppl that will QQ & complain left & right , so what ? There are also ppl who appreciate these . Ignore them & do your thing ! b:victory

Our forums might be active due to trolls which in my eyes is a good thing but there's always a need for some maturity & seriousness as well and you can apparently bring that to the table .

Having both works best , why ruin something good ? b:cry
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Why am I steeping back?
    Answer to that question is easy. One does not need to go any further but read some really unnecessary comets to TW report by certain people. Week by week I had to reduce in content in order to reduce the slander that flowed.

When you look at the type of content you were including and the biased way in which you presented it, you can't expect not to take some heat for it. Just like you, others are opinionated (rightly or wrongly) and they will express it.

It was your choice, no one elses to reduce the content. You could have just as easily decided to ignore the "unnecessary comments" and kept on posting what you wanted. In all reality, no one would have been able to stop you.
    Unfortunately there was not much left from the whole TW report except raw data

Back before you took over and Noob did the TW reports, it seems to Fuzzy the only thing included was the raw data and nobody ever complained. Me think the thing is people just want a centralized place to QQ and flame back and forth about the weekend's war. As long as some sort of effort goes into tracking the data, most people will be happy with whatever other type of content the poster chooses to include.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]