PD or MD Cube Necklace for HA/AA?

Options
sleepcat
sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Venomancer
I think I'm mostly decided on using the physical defense Puzzle Cube Badge for a HA/AA build, but just to make sure, I would like some input and pros/cons of both types of cube necklaces or even some alternative necklace I could use in place of the Puzzle Cube Badge. Which necklace would suit the build most?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sleepcat on

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i think it depends on if you are going to be primarily HA with some extra AA pieces that you where situationally, in which case M.def

or if you are generally gonna be wearing 2 pieces HA and 2 pieces AA in which case, P.def.

finally moving on from LA?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    definitely MDEF if you are using HA/AR (AA doesnt exist. we arent alcoholics.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    definitely MDEF if you are using HA/AR (AA doesnt exist. we arent alcoholics.)

HA = Heavy armor
    LA = Light armor
    AA = Arcane armor

AR = Arcane ....?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    HA = Heavy armor
    LA = Light armor
    AA = Arcane armor

AR = Arcane ....?

Alcoholic in Rehab
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • sleepcat
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i think it depends on if you are going to be primarily HA with some extra AA pieces that you where situationally, in which case M.def

or if you are generally gonna be wearing 2 pieces HA and 2 pieces AA in which case, P.def.

finally moving on from LA?

That's one of the things I'm trying to figure out too. I don't really know if I'd be using an AA or HA set more often because as a caster, I get to be out of range, but from what Solandri calculated, melee theoretically does more damage when you're a HA/AA Veno. I was also sort of thinking that in PvP, I'd be sporting HA gear while using magic rings/attacks and vice versa for AA, although I'm not sure how effective or viable that really is.

If I do sport a general mixed set, I know for sure I'd be using HA boots, and possibly HA chest, since the adds on the AA chest aren't that great. I'm pretty unsure about everything else so advice on the optimal combination would be great too.

And nah, I've been planning for LA since 95, just that I spent a really long time saving up for it because I'm so slow.

It's okay tearvalerin, you still understood that I meant Arcane Robe. AA just rolls off the tongue better so I use that. I think mostly everyone else gets the abbreviation meaning anyways unless it's a pet peeve for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »

If I do sport a general mixed set, I know for sure I'd be using HA boots, and possibly HA chest, since the adds on the AA chest aren't that great. I'm pretty unsure about everything else so advice on the optimal combination would be great too.

Do you know if you'll be using TT90 or 99 armor, in which case i'd suggest HA top/boots and maybe the AA pants for 90, or for 99 you could get the AA boots, since that would free up 18 stats to help you use 99 HA and you weapon. Id also say if you since you plan to be sporting a mixed set, then having both sets of p def and m def ornaments might be beneficial.
    >.<
  • sleepcat
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yea, I'll be using TT99. I'm a sucker for those set bonuses. :D

I was thinking of getting both pd and md ornaments too but the main thing is I want to decide on a particular one to main the Cube Necklace on, since I'll probably focus more on refining it compared to the other necklace. This would also affect the dynamics of which particular combination of HA/AA I would use too I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    no such thing as arcane armor, look at it in game and PW database, its arcane robe, not armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • sleepcat
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    It's okay tearvalerin, you still understood that I meant Arcane Robe. AA just rolls off the tongue better so I use that. I think mostly everyone else gets the abbreviation meaning anyways unless it's a pet peeve for you.

I am too lazy to call it Arcane Robe and you keep insisting that I call it Arcane Robe. What should we do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    no such thing as arcane armor, look at it in game and PW database, its arcane robe, not armor.

thats just the chest piece not the armor type.

the HA chest piece is called heavy plate.
    AA legs are arcane leggings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One question is: Why does it really matter what we call each individual piece? It's all technically "armor" to begin with.
    >.<
    edited October 2010
    Options
    because splitting split hairs is what the internets are all about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One question is: Why does it really matter what we call each individual piece? It's all technically "armor" to begin with.
    because robes arent really armor... theyre more like clothing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    edited October 2010
    Options

what are all those numbers that pop up when you mouse-over then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what are all those numbers that pop up when you mouse-over then?

I guess that's just a very big price tag. b:chuckle

If they're more like clothing, then we might as well be fighting in boutique clothes with no armor on, HA,LA, or AA.

(really this argument is kinda silly.) b:surrender
    >.<
  • sleepcat
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Is cloth armor a bit of an oxymoron?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]