5.0aps Vit or Pure Str build better?

Options
Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Barbarian
I am planning to go Demon @ 89 with 5aps gear.

Question here is..

If i am to tank instances @ the back as 5APS barb

if i intend to hold Sins aggro and be able to tank world boss standing up
pull cata in tiger when needed.

Will I really need full Str to hold 5aps sin or can i get away with minimum requirement dex for claw and str requirement for HA?

Not really comfortable standing up as a human actually b:laugh
Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
Post edited by Blood_Panda - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No, you don't restat at 89.

You restat at 99 minimum IMO. At 89 you can't really have any -int gears at all, except the tome I guess. At 90 you can get the lunar cape and maybe TT90 wrists. Furthermore at 89 you won't be able to equip very good gears, probably TT80 gold at best.

You shouldn't be restatting really until level 99 when you can have:

-0.10 fist/claws (lunar claws)
    -0.10 wrists
    -0.05 from TT99 LA set
    -0.05 from TT99 HA set
    -0.05 from tome
    -0.05 from lunar cape.

Even as a claw barb with high DPS claws are still very situational and you'll still be relying on axes for a ton of stuff.

now, to answer your question, of vit or str, it really depends on how much you're able to refine, I suppose optimally the higher STR would be better but you'll need to compensate by adding more refines/better shards to your gear that already needs to be well refined and sharded to support such a build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sins are hax you wont be able to hold aggro over 5aps sin, unless the sin hold back! Atleast you will need your wep refined way higher than the sin.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Fact is sins will always have superior DPS. You wont ever hold agro from an equally geared/built 5.0 sin. Sins already pour everything into dex, which gives them the equivalent of being full str, along with an insane accuracy and crit rate on top. Some 5.0 sins shard +1 atk level gems too.

Personally I'd go vit, along with vit gems at endgame. A little extra str can't hurt if you want to hold agro in more situations, but the main advantage of a claw barb to a BM is a massive HP pool along with the usual insane 5.0 DPS. The HP pool mainly comes from the HP-per-vit bonus barbs get. With base or low vit your HP will be rather unimpressive, except in tiger.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how bout.

u role a bm.

if u want to use claws so bad.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how bout.

u role a bm.

if u want to use claws so bad.

nah, i couldnt play a human, cause i can design a handsome avatar for myself hahaha..

I didnt really want to use claw.. but having a lunar cape in your inventory(not tradeable) and not going 5aps is a total waste.
    Fact is sins will always have superior DPS. You wont ever hold agro from an equally geared/built 5.0 sin. Sins already pour everything into dex, which gives them the equivalent of being full str, along with an insane accuracy and crit rate on top. Some 5.0 sins shard +1 atk level gems too.

Personally I'd go vit, along with vit gems at endgame. A little extra str can't hurt if you want to hold agro in more situations, but the main advantage of a claw barb to a BM is a massive HP pool along with the usual insane 5.0 DPS. The HP pool mainly comes from the HP-per-vit bonus barbs get. With base or low vit your HP will be rather unimpressive, except in tiger.

Yup i understand how important hp is for barbs, but the main reason why i am considering between the two of course is that i wanted to hold aggro from at least majority of the DDs with interval gear.

Of cuz the easy way out of things.. socket 2 Vit stone and socket 2 Tiger =) and go 1/2 for vit and excess str.

But i would rather be specialize then be not much of either. Farming and Tanking TT will be my general concern follow by going for TW and PK.

Key issue here is.. if i do go Decide 5aps vit build, and i still end up losing aggro 8 of 10 times to most 5aps.. might as well stick to axe and dd.

I read somewhere that Barb with 5aps generate amazing damage even more then what BM has to offer if we dont give them the damage buff. Would like to be able to do somewhere along that line as long as it doesn't gimp my tanking to the point of being screwed.
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My barb is 101, I have 505 str, 3 vit, 3int, 31 dex. I have +10 lunar axes, and I DO NOT hold aggro from sins or interval BMs. If you want aggro/tankability, go claws and demon. I have heard that you can glitch your claws into tiger form, and with triple spark/Sin's bloodpaint, you are a cleric on your own. Plus your DPS will be way higher than a full str barb. I would restat (Lies I love my str) But interval was never appealing for me in PVP.
  • Lidell - Lost City
    Lidell - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    When did you +10 your axes?

;3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Tisha FTW.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My barb is 101, I have 505 str, 3 vit, 3int, 31 dex. I have +10 lunar axes, and I DO NOT hold aggro from sins or interval BMs. If you want aggro/tankability, go claws and demon. I have heard that you can glitch your claws into tiger form, and with triple spark/Sin's bloodpaint, you are a cleric on your own. Plus your DPS will be way higher than a full str barb. I would restat (Lies I love my str) But interval was never appealing for me in PVP.

Apparently thats a bannable offense too.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have 31 dex, I wouldn't know, without all my gear on I can't even wear my wep. I think I can wear those level 30 npc fists maybe lol. But encourage all you claw barbs to do it, maybe if enough of you get in trouble, they will make it so you can't wear claws you nasty interval barbs. QQ Sage=Fail in every way, and I have almost all my sage skills >.>
  • Skinnard - Lost City
    Skinnard - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tisha Ftw.

Grats On +10
    I dodged 200 lightning bolts in a row.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Grats On +10

Stop ruining my trolls you butt munch. Don't make me demote you ;)

Blade_Aether
    Very small.
  • draggonhatchling
    draggonhatchling Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

As Knownase stated it is BANNABLE which is I believe correct if you read the ToS or Policies as some may call them. And If caught doing this or any exploitation or **** I hope you do get banned just my opinion. Secondly in my eyes and many others I run with claw barb is an epic fail in squads b:laugh
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Most Claw barb looks bad for a few reason. You practically have to maintain HP/Def of @ least in Full TT90 Gear Barb standing up with almost no points in Vit

I think i have around 18k Phy Def, 16k Hp In tiger form

if I restat to dex

I would like to @ least maintain that after i restat. b:pleased

Or maybe I should try to maintain

250str / 300 Dex

so that I can use the highest Level Bow as well Highest Level HA =)