help for that wizard

Yoyouu - Raging Tide
Yoyouu - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Wizard
hello guys

i want ask about some things about my character

that is print screen from my character

99176723.jpg

see this photo and tell me what is wrong ?

i thinks he is now strong
Post edited by Yoyouu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Here is a link the the full size image:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9360/99176723.jpg

Yoyouu, in the future, to give the full size image, just delete the .th in the address. =D
  • Yoyouu - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    thanks but what is the proplem for this wizard ?

i think he isn't strong
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hi there,

my input would be that you didn't go full Mag. I see your Vit is sitting on 47, where it would be much better damage wise for it to still be on 5, with those extra 42 points going into Mag.
    If you are concerned about the amount of HP you would have with base Vit, then you can start sharding with Citrines at that level to increase HP. The mobs near that level start using Mag attacks more also, so pdef isn't such an issue also.
    You have also put points into dex, which while isn't wrong technically to get the 2% crit, it does still take damage away per hit. The difference between 1% and 2% is nothing really, and on a personal note, i left mine at base and don't bother trying to score crits, thats for archers/sins/bm's. Later on you can put on ornaments that will increase crit % much better than adding points into it.

So all up you have around about 50 points that you could have put into Mag, pushing your total Mag to 200+. This is pretty much 25% more damage you could be doing.

You really should get the Jones Blessing also, it really makes things a lot easier.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You may want to consider something else other than NPC weapon btw.
  • Yoyouu - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    oh OMG

i do big mistake

Must be Magic is over 200 right ?

i will increase it to be 185

and i willn't increase Str , Vit , Dex

so my magic attack it not good

look some one tell me use note rist

what is this ?
  • zereth501
    zereth501 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I am still new, but according to the guides I have read, such as this one :
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=131201
    there are basically three good builds for wizards.

The first one is the "pure magic" build. It puts 9 points into magic and 1 point into strength every two levels and wears arcane robes.
    The second one is the "light armor" build. It puts 3 points into magic, 1 point into dexterity and 1 point into strength every level. It usually wears light armor, but it can use an arcane robe when heavy magical damage is incoming.
    The third one is the hybrid build. It's basically a pure magic build, with lower magic and higher vitality. The exact numbers depend on the wizard.

The way I see it, splitting your stats points the way you did is your mistake. You need to respec into one of the 3 builds that work.

EDIT : Changed my mind about hybrid being worse than light armor.
  • Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary
    Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You put points in dex, that is your problem. Dex should be no higher then 5. Your vit is fine, just don't put any more in, if you can restat those 15 points of dex into mag your damage will be much better. Also, you do need something better then an NPC weapon.
  • _Inferno - Sanctuary
    _Inferno - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    oh OMG

i do big mistake

Must be Magic is over 200 right ?

i will increase it to be 185

and i willn't increase Str , Vit , Dex

so my magic attack it not good

look some one tell me use note rist

what is this ?

That "note rist" is actually a Reset Note, which you can buy from the boutique (press 'O' in game). What it does is it resets a certain amount of stat points, so you can put some points from dex, for instance, into mag.
    Characters:
    _Inferno 101 Arcane Sage Crit Wizard b:cool
    magnumcroft 8x Fist/Axe Blademaster b:laugh

youtube.com/magnumcroft
    ^Sanctuary's TW vids yo!
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Also no one pointed out that he has 30 unused points.b:chuckle
    Don't forget to add those and then click done.
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    50 vit is actually fine, I have 50 vit capped and I still kill everything with max. 3 skills, the extra HP is good and adds up with shards and barb buff pretty well. you can always reset to pure mag at endgame if you get rich and can afford epic shards / refines. a reset is only 5 gold anyways... I just don't like the 20 dex, we don't need dex at all unless you go light armor, but that would be pointless on a PVE server. You should also try to get a better weapon, at least a decent 3star one with extra m.damage, if you can't afford a legendary.
  • Lorael - Dreamweaver
    Lorael - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ugysekell wrote: »
    we don't need dex at all unless you go light armor, but that would be pointless on a PVE server.

You can increase vit to 55, can't you, since the reset note resets 50 points anyway?

I would

1. add points to vitality to get it to 55.

2. Add the rest of the unused points to magic.

3. I would use a reset note as soon as possible to reduce dex to 5 and add those points to magic.

4. Work on gear a little, with priority to dexterity.

Light armor is good for pve servers as well. And pve servers have pk mode too. Can't see whether he is white named or not.

I don't think he should go light armor, however, since he is already pretty much set up for a vit build. Unless he has the gold to spare. If he doesn't mind spending 10-15 gold on reset notes, I am a big fan of light armor for mages prior to level 80/90. The increase in critical hits alone makes them more fun to play.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You can increase vit to 55, can't you, since the reset note resets 50 points anyway?

I would

1. add points to vitality to get it to 55.

2. Add the rest of the unused points to magic.

3. I would use a reset note as soon as possible to reduce dex to 5 and add those points to magic.

4. Work on gear a little, with priority to dexterity.

Light armor is good for pve servers as well. And pve servers have pk mode too. Can't see whether he is white named or not.

I don't think he should go light armor, however, since he is already pretty much set up for a vit build. Unless he has the gold to spare. If he doesn't mind spending 10-15 gold on reset notes, I am a big fan of light armor for mages prior to level 80/90. The increase in critical hits alone makes them more fun to play.

I'd probably cap vit at 53, that way when you stat it out you can get down to base vit with one scroll (vit can go down to 3). Never been a fan of LA, but those going LA should at least be doing it for the right reasons. LA has more crit, and less survivability than arcane vit, just thought I'd throw that out there being that all these lowbies seem to think LA has great survivability.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.