Forum Issue: Fix my username to match my in-game name please...

Michael_Dark - Lost City
Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Support Desk
I've asked before, no response. I've sent in a ticket, no response...

THIS CHARACTER ACCOUNT DOES NOT DISPLAY MY IN-GAME NAME CORRECTLY.

My name on Lost City is Michael_Dark. I have never had a character named Michael_dark ever.

The problem this has created is that people wishing to contact me in-game because of my forum help that I give, they spell it wrong. This clearly should be fixed.

In the game, on the Lost City server... my name is written and displayed as Michael_Dark with a capital D.

This account is linked to that one, and it does not display correctly. It never has, yet every other time I've made the same account in-game, the corresponding account here has been corrected.

THIS WOULD TAKE ALL OF 3 MINUTES TO FIX. I think I've spent a fair enough amount of money.
I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
Post edited by Michael_Dark - Lost City on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Sanctuary
    Michael_Dark - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    <--- yet it worked here.

/epic facepalm
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Did you open a support ticket before you posted Mikey?

If not, go try that.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What ticket number was your ticket? We don't see one from your account.

Please send in a friendly ticket explaining your issue fully.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2010
    CS just got back to me and said you never replied to their ticket. Please check your spam and junk email folders, as well as your inbox.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    The ticket was closed. Want me to submit another one with screenshots?

Here is a screenshot:

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1228/forumname.jpg

Anyone with admin privileges on this forum can easily correct this discrepancy.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2010
    You would not believe the battle I had with Frankieraye.

I walked over to their cube, I told them "I heard you have a capital D held hostage"

Frankieraye: "I might. I have lots of letters... under my control. Their tears are my spellcheck."

Wow, I didn't know Frankieraye was going to be all sinister like that over the Forum Alphabet Internets League.

Being trained as a Sith, I knew what I had to do. I reached into my hood and pulled out my TRON light disc. Frankieraye grew 8 arms and each had light sabres! Rainbow colored light sabres!

There was no way I could beat his frosted lucky charms directly, so I launched my disc at Dvorak's giant Amazon sign over his cube, and it came swinging and crashing down onto Frankieraye, allowing me to access his terminal fast enough to save the capital D for you, and barely escape before Cubical War Riots began.

Seriously, it is fixed for you. CS had to check that changing it wouldn't mess up your account or access to the game first. b:victory
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010

I walked over to their cube, I told them "I heard you have a capital D held hostage"

Frankieraye: "I might. I have lots of letters... under my control. Their tears are my spellcheck."

Wow, I didn't know Frankieraye was going to be all sinister like that over the Forum Alphabet Internets League.

Being trained as a Sith, I knew what I had to do. I reached into my hood and pulled out my TRON light disc. Frankieraye grew 8 arms and each had light sabres! Rainbow colored light sabres!

There was no way I could beat his frosted lucky charms directly, so I launched my disc at Dvorak's giant Amazon sign over his cube, and it came swinging and crashing down onto Frankieraye, allowing me to access his terminal fast enough to save the capital D for you, and barely escape before Cubical War Riots began.

Seriously, it is fixed for you. CS had to check that changing it wouldn't mess up your account or access to the game first. b:victory

Love the back story, lol. Nothing better to do while reading the Technical Issues forums and pasting the same answer in each thread? ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2010
    Well, if others would stop posting the same questions or problems b:chuckle
    edited October 2010
    b:shocked But then your job would be so much harder...and you wouldn't have so much time to entertain me b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2010
    See the last two links in my signature. Those are entertaining b:thanks
    edited October 2010
    I've seen all 5 commercials from the Panda cheese, lol....Too funny XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2010

OMG!

Thank you... this ... has *seriously* irked me for like the last year and a half. lolol

I'm gonna be so nice to you guys from now on!!! :O

(for like a whole week, maybe two)

Amazing... I just can't believe it's true!

b:victory

b:kiss

I love you all!
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2010
    I'll hold you to that 2 weeks thing b:laugh
    edited October 2010
    I'll hold you to that 2 weeks thing b:laugh

I said... maybe.... two. b:avoid

b:victory
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    CubicalWarRiots!!
    Coming soon to a PC near you! (right in front of you? probably!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
    edited October 2010
    Wonder if this isn't kinda how this afternoon looked at the PWE offices in California:

darthpanda15 attacks frankie's cubicle...the true story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Oh, noes. Panda is pretty dangerous b:shocked
    Well closing this one to avoid further spam, it's good that your nick is now fixed Michael.
    Panda, please don't hunt me for closing the thread, I will be a good boy, I promise b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.