5 APS bugs charms so they don't tick?

BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Wizard
its true 5 aps can bug charm and make it not work anyway back to topic force stealth is OP qq, qq, qq, qq

Um, has anyone posted in detail about this? WTF! True?
"And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
Post edited by BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    maybe if the victim has like 2k hp. If you get hit at the exact same time.. by lets say 2 different people, the charm sometimes will not have a chance to tick in between.. so its essentially like getting hit by one very hard hit. Used to **** me off when a nix would bleed me and then the veno would hit me at the same time that the bleed was draining my hp and it would bypass my charm, when neither the veno's atk or the bleed tick doing enough to bypass my charm alone b:surrender. So at 5aps, this hits are so close together that any lag could potentially prevent a charm ticking in between hits.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yes, I've seen it happen alot.
    It sucks, though i can't survive 5aps BM's with charms either. So doesn't really change anything for me

Lag will make the game think you got all the dmg at once (or something like that)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Actually that was me who posted about that happening
    A sin jumped me and hit me 4 times for roughly 1600-1700 damage each shot, it went through my charm and I died instantly.

And it's happened many times before so it wasn't just an accident lol. If you can hit hard and fast enough..you can avoid charms.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    but of course sutra won't let us do that, right?

I have 6k+ hp unbuffed and 6k pdef self buffed, so I guess would be harder to do to me from what you say, but me no likie just the same.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited October 2010
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    no you can just spike past other classes charms instead of relying on bad internet connection

yup wizzies are boned there
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    no you can just spike past other classes charms instead of relying on bad internet connection

yup wizzies are boned there
    It's not based on client lag, more like server lag lol.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    might be the same as being 1shot by a stealthed sins that the damage just doesnt show in YOUR log
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It's not so much that it bugs, you just get hit so fast in the same frame that the client doesn't have time to recognize you have a charm.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Client? I think it's done server-wide... else people would "HP ****". b:chuckle
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    My point still stands. If someone is hitting you 5 times a second and for 1k per hit and you have 5k hp, chances are your charm won't tick.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    oh ya I remeber when he said that I was like, "I knew it!"
    In TW, I've had my charm bypassed by 5aps sins so much it isnt even funny.b:angry
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    When you all finally realize, that this game is just pile of ****? In normal game bugs like these would be fixed in couple weeks max.
    And what about another imbalances like 5ATS, Sin stealth, game bugs + careless handling of GM, etc. This game is not worth playing.

P.S. I'm just reading forum for what new unfixed bug you can discover.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    When you all finally realize, that this game is just pile of ****?
    I realized that a long time ago. But I'm still playing because of my friends b:sad
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I realized that a long time ago. But I'm still playing because of my friends b:sad

Don't we all b:surrender

Well most of us , with the right company this broken game can still be fun , heh .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    oh ya I remeber when he said that I was like, "I knew it!"
    In TW, I've had my charm bypassed by 5aps sins so much it isnt even funny.b:angry

b:surrender its not a bug its a 1-hit in your case i think

a 5.0 assasin is 100+ with nirvana dagger, dagger is prolly +10>+12 since the 5.0gear for assasins is the most expansive (when they use daggers)

ive died countless times without damage log, so no idea if it was a 1shot-crit or lag-charm bypass-.-
    i like potato
This discussion has been closed.