Who do you look up to?

Options
Lu$t - Sanctuary
Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
After pking with a friend yesterday a bit, I noticed I really looked up to him for my bm. CMeltdown knows how to play his bm well and has insanely (and life saving) timing with his stuns xD Also veno wise I've always looked up to xocassieox although myself have never bothered to get one 90+. Archer wise it's still Asterelle, always been there to put me on the write path and still answers any questions I have or when I need some PW-Math worked out she's there to do it xD There's a few more I can't think of atm (sleepy xD) but yea whoever you looked up to while growing (or still do xD) put em here xD b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
Post edited by Lu$t - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Woo CMeltdown, Lusty b:cute
    He's one of my very first friends in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There are a few I look up to one on this board are Xoria and Antie Decep.There are two others which a real woman one being Demon Cleric and the other Sage.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Dark Freya hands down. Very enjoyable person to talk to when I do have short small talk with her and shes just crazy in PvP. I have easily killed other veno's in my level range before but for some reason I never been able to effectively take her down.

Honest to god, PvP wise, I look up to her more than any other veno.

Dark Freya = Veno Goddess (Freya is the leader of the Valkyries right?) =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zindane__ - Sanctuary
    Zindane__ - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hmm well i'll have to break this down into races and those that still play and dont play.

human:
    no longer playing: Ayano-chan for damn sure along with BBX

playing: Nasrath and ravenblossom, long time friends who have always helped me out when i need it

untamed:
    no longer playing: Bastrios before he went all lame and left. always a good barb for anything

playing:hippiepanda (spell check? XD) barb in goldensun who just seems like a cool dude and Sakura_rose cause she's one of the few veno's i knwo who dont got a huge ego andare easy to joke around with

winged elf:
    no longer playing: Wizzeled even tho alot hated him (EVEN myself for awhile) once ya got to knwo him he wasnt half bad and arzalea (its been so long hard to remember) my first real clerical friend i could call on for like anything

playing: Lu$ty the tranny archer of epicness for always being a good person to talk with and for actually being half decent at this game :P and DestinyKane, always was up for anything wether it be tt or bossing or just shyts and giggles.

tideborn:
    no longer playing: i got no damn clue

playing: Posseidon for be a cool dude and actually trying not to do aggro wars with the barb (else he gets smacked with a fish and as for psy's i havent really squaded with enough to have an opinionb:shocked
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hmm well i'll have to break this down into races and those that still play and dont play.

human:
    no longer playing: Ayano-chan for damn sure along with BBX

playing: Nasrath and ravenblossom, long time friends who have always helped me out when i need it

untamed:
    no longer playing: Bastrios before he went all lame and left. always a good barb for anything

playing:hippiepanda (spell check? XD) barb in goldensun who just seems like a cool dude and Sakura_rose cause she's one of the few veno's i knwo who dont got a huge ego andare easy to joke around with

winged elf:
    no longer playing: Wizzeled even tho alot hated him (EVEN myself for awhile) once ya got to knwo him he wasnt half bad and arzalea (its been so long hard to remember) my first real clerical friend i could call on for like anything

playing: Lu$ty the tranny archer of epicness for always being a good person to talk with and for actually being half decent at this game :P and DestinyKane, always was up for anything wether it be tt or bossing or just shyts and giggles.

tideborn:
    no longer playing: i got no damn clue

playing: Posseidon for be a cool dude and actually trying not to do aggro wars with the barb (else he gets smacked with a fish and as for psy's i havent really squaded with enough to have an opinionb:shocked

lol weee half decent xP and saky <3 my old director lol she's always been there for me even helped so much while I was leader.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zindane__ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol well you'd be an epic archer if you'd power lvl em to 85 in fccb:dirty lol <3 ya lusty

and yeah saky is epic. even if quiet :P
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    does looking up my wife's skirt count?b:dirty
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Allilie - Sanctuary
    Allilie - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would have to say i look up to shaidy, fac master and veno. She does so much for everyone in the fac that she no longer has time to even do anything of her own somedays. She sets a standard when it comes to helping people.

I also have to put one up for Nevaglar. Absolutely love this big fury barb :P. As far back as i can remember, even as i tiny nub this guy has been kind to me and everyone i know... it's rare to see people 100+ squading alongside little ones just for a day of fun.

Thanks to people like them i've formed my own ideas of how I would like to play pwi... I can't begin to think of anyone i respect more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I look up to Vandorin the most. He's run SOOO many in my Faction through BH's, FB's, done bosses, TT runs, let me bum teles, etc. For a Fish, he's awesome. :D I also look up a LOT to Skyryn and kodeyy, Clairusic, and the rest of my faction. :D There's a few outside of my faction I look up to as well, like Kerona and some impressive Clerics that have saved my butt a few times in TT. That is all. :)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For a Fish, he's awesome.

He still smells bad b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MaeDawn - Sanctuary
    MaeDawn - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hummm...
    snap Lusty your threads on both here and LG site always make me want to write Dx
    walls of text...****.. well I'll try to keep this one small

Malolos - Barb
    He's quiet, but I've known him since I was like a level 50 something nub, and although he's almost ALWAYS AFK in cat shop mode, mostly in cube, when he is on, he's willing to help me all the time. If I poke him. Now if I can just get that stupid afking barb into Leg >>

NaitomeaDesu - Every single freakin class
    Probably one of the nicest girls I know, and I've known her since I was married to Jake. We've had so many inside jokes, and I always enjoy her company, and she's constantly helping me out or making me laugh.

E//a and Moadib - Cleric and BM (respectively)
    Yeah, well not too much to explain here. Pretty much the most pro couple I've ever met, and probably the kindest and most patient as well. They've helped me out a lot, especially with dealing with the stupid Strife_nub. And teaching me how to be a better cleric too x3 ofc.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cleric: My husband Solar_one, Whether that's because i'm biased, no.
    He's there for everyone that needs his help and even when someone he doesn't know, for some dumbass reason died, he really feels bad for not being able to heal in time to prevent it.
    I constantly have to remind him he's not god even though he'd love to be, he tries to keep everyone alive and happy as best as he can.
    for that makes him a true cleric imho.

Barb: KingKam & INTMDATOR. King and INT are, for as far as i know, 2 of the best barbs i've come across. They Tank without questions asked, dont QQ about repairbills but see it as their duty to, as they so call it each and every time, "take the beating".
    and always help out when ever they can, where ever they can.
    not to mention the fun talks we have on skype and fac chat XD

Assassin: _Twitchy_. even though he hardly ever plays this char anymore i considered him to be one of the best assassins to be around. when ever we squaded he made sure the door guards where taken care of. looked out for mobs that could hit the squishies and took them out and even managed to tank some of the TT's we ran in the early days.
    gods he was insane and always up to try new things, Our good old Fishtank.

Fellow Veno's:
    I'd have to say LaraDee, She's one the very first veno's that got onto my friendslist for just being awesome and knowing what she was doing. helping me out with unanswered questions and helping me out with bosses in the time i didn't have a herc yet.
    Other veno's i didn't really bother with considering they either wanted to lecture me or were snobby about their pets/herc and put me on a back seat everytime i tried something, Lara never did that.
    Also DemonTanya and DemonLucinda are veno's that i look up to. They just have fun playing their character and Tanya is one of the few non-herced veno's that managed to get around perfectly fine in a herccrazed time. she knows what to do and when to do it and bailed my *** in FCC several times cause i went leroy jenkins XD
    Lucinda's just an epic person in real life and it translates to her toon as well. Just my weakpoint i guess XD

Blademaster: Tynkrbel and LucienAurion, Tynk usually has leroy jenkins moments but when she's actually focussing does a mighty fine job on what ever she needs to do. And tanking the decaying fragance in FCC just made me go +1 in my book.
    Lucien is one of the persons i started playing PW with and always helped me out when i needed a hand, and he still does.
    always willing to do new things and does an epic FCC run. just someone i'd squad with within the blink of an eye if i needed a good BM to do the job. even though he always kicks my *** in duels XD
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    most of the members that i looked up to when i was a wittle cleric dont play anymore.... (sinanju, falls, dovi, sinangel, etc.) and yes... sinangel although maybe mentally **** had some amazing strategies, i loved listening to him plan tws on skype xD especially when i was a baby cleric and was only allowed to be base buffer in nef TWs b:chuckle

but there is one person who still plays that i look up to that i want to mention and that is RonPott =^_^=
    he and Vahn are the sweetest people i know... and when i decided i wanted to be a cata cleric a LONG time ago he was my idol <3 i remember i saw him selling a really lucky genie in world chat (which now Dan has xD... you better remember where that genie came from :p) and that was the first time i actually got to talk to him... granted... he doesnt even remember this xD but it meant a lot to me^^ i thought i was so cool cuz i had that genie- it was my first genie since they had just kinda come out with genies at that time in the game xD
    but anyways i built my cleric and listened to his advice on gear, pdef, etc. to become a cata cleric.

ok im done lol i just wanted make mention since all the cool kids were doing it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    but yea whoever you looked up to while growing (or still do xD) put em here

WTF? This is a game... and just a F2P MMO"RP"G, actually.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Allilie - Sanctuary
    Allilie - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

And you're saying that back in the day you never saw someone do something incredible that made you wanna aspire to better? Common i know there's gotta be someone :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options

Lol. See, this kind of ignorance makes me laugh. People like you fail to realize nothing is without reason. Even if it is "just a game", you're playing with real people. Everything teaches us whether we're willing to accept the fact or not. Yes, the true scientific mind would say to me "look at everything with skepticism", but there's some quite intelligent people here you simply cannot just ignore. Intelligence, unlike gender or "love", cannot be "RPed". Take a step back, lose the ignorance, and you'll realize, whether you have been here for a short while or over a year, this game's community has made an impact on you. I do believe firmly in "there's no such thing as an absolute" and I continuously look for a way to either disprove or prove it as a law (if you will) but I can't think of a single person, unless they have never spoken, can say they have escaped this game's community completely void of any influence. You may label if you will or pass judgment, but not without being a hypocrite yourself.

If you have nothing to contribute, please leave this post. You have no reason to post here if the title or the people posting here does not pertain to you.

~Regards
    Lu$t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cyrus_Khane - Sanctuary
    Cyrus_Khane - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mostly my fac leader, _Benedict_
    He's given me tips on my barb pretty much since I started it, and he's always willing to help with anything from an TT to a regular quest.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nothing's ever caused any aspirations for me, cuz I'm too lazy and terribad, but I think it's obvious who I look up to.

FLAT CHESTED ASTYPOO~
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The veno SuperCute. Perhaps the ONLY player to acknowledge that I was good at the class and worked hard at it. Furthermore, she was my "FCC Teacher". Although I still don't have the balls to herc tank *every boss* like she did, yet hehe. And it was through her that I found my path. Because up til 86, I was "lost".

I have to say she is the mold of my style which is a compilation of many veno's styles of playing that I have observed.

Look up to her? Sure I do.

My role model? Definitely.
  • Zindane__ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i got a new one to add, Jonny Knoxville :P OR do only in game people count b:laugh

but seriously one person whose just be all around awesome since i've meet her and always trying to help is Lasy_Nasui. one of the actually nice clerics who dont expect an arm and a leg in returnb:chuckle
  • Faynalia - Sanctuary
    Faynalia - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Besides my husband, I have to say Lu$t.

The most epic 15 minute 1 v 1 in open PvP!!

Was a ton of fun, if only all 1 v 1's were like that!
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I look up to my wifey Fay for 5.5 hours every night because she's always on top of things. b:victory
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Besides my husband, I have to say Lu$t.

The most epic 15 minute 1 v 1 in open PvP!!

Was a ton of fun, if only all 1 v 1's were like that!

bwahaha >:3 my charm was qqing though D: felt like I just got done with a barb 1v1 >.< and it took like 7 crits D: I read back over the damage and got in 8-9 hits on that last part xD need moar 1v1s like that XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]