I dont get it...

microalgae
microalgae Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Barbarian
Hey I'm a lvl 71 barb. I have my full hp sharded TT70 gear and standing I have 5207hp (unbuffed) and 5717 phy def. Is this low? Because whenever I compare with other barbs around my lvl I always seem to be the underbarb to a pretty significant amount. I follow the normal tank ax build. Any helpful thoughts would be great
Post edited by microalgae on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ill show you approximately what my build was at your level:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=156fe90b7b9dc3c7

I personally see nothing wrong with having that kind of HP at that level though, seeing as how i tanked 69/70 at 69 and 70 with that hp..

I didn't break 13k in true form till 90 when i started refining gears to +4 and using more flawlesses/immacs. uber sharding and refining on lower gear is, IMO, a waste considering if you're like what seems to be about 90% of the games current population, youll be 90+ in just a couple weeks by spamming FC (wont take you but a few days to hit the level you get quests in there if you do your quests and dailies including 3 a day BH).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    it is probably down to your gear and their additional stats/refinements.

This thread from a couple of weeks ago had a similar question re how his build was going. Someone posted the stats for their 7x barb with some decent/average gear. fuly equipped but unbuffed his HP was 6316

if you use their base stats in the pwcalc you can see his base hp is 4369 so the overal equipment bonus gives him 2053 extra HP

meanwhile because he seems to have concentrated on vit/hp adds over strength his pdef is only 4.5K against your 5.7K. so it's swings and roundabouts. you take less damage on melee attacks. he has higher hp, but is hit harder per melee attack. it probably balances out fairly evenly.

so i think also you are looking ok, maybe keep an eye out for +vit or +hp adds on ornaments if you are truly worried about having higher HP. Make sure your self buffs and trueform are maxed for your level though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    your build is fine, youll check into 9kish hp, and 10k def with tiger + cleric buffs, this is enough to tank most bosses your level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • microalgae
    edited October 2010
    I am using +2 refines on most of my gear and flawless citrines (a couple immaculate actually)... So I just couldn't figure out why someone only 3 lvls higher with not as good gear had 8k hp standing and i had that only in tiger :S and 9k def (I think...) standing unbuffed b:surrender. This has been the pattern since I've started comparing myself against others my lvl (to see who would tank etc etc). Obviously the only reason that would change is if the barb was wearing npc gear and/or way below his lvl or built it wrong. So I've been wondering if there is some secret I'm missing out on like mag actually boosts HP and def 10x more than vit or something like that lol.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    some barbs decide to not build evenly per level so they may be pumping a lot more VIT at certain points than you. Or.. they may be totally ignoring weapons and focusing on Armor + HP (212 STR for Lvl 70 weapon vs.. 180? STR for 70 gear (i cant recall exact amount at the moment..)) anywho that extra 32 STR for example would net about 544 HP if alocated to VIT instead. Not saying thats a really wise move at all... just saying is all. Also.. certain tomes add vitality. I have the level 2 tome Iron Will which ive used to free up STR points and move over to VIT, thus gaining 13 vit from a Tome that only says half that amount on the label.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'll admit, I put a lot of points in vitality and not enough in strength. b:surrender So, I have a good amount of health but my strength is too low for my next weapon. It shouldn't be a big deal though. Not many barbs follow the exact same point allocation per level.
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'll admit, I put a lot of points in vitality and not enough in strength. b:beatup So, I have a good amount of health but my strength is too low for my next weapon. It shouldn't be a big deal though. Not many barbs follow the exact same point allocation per level.

Double post fail on me...
  • microalgae
    edited October 2010
    Thanks so much for the input fellow barbs and others b:thanks

I guess I'm doing fine for my level then b:pleased

Live long and prosper b:bye
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I mention before in another thread. Vit barb gets away with a lot of situation that normally will kill a str axe barb.

You basically need more skill/better gear to play a str barb :p

lack of hp means you dont have 2nd chance if boss amp+hit you. So your skill in Alacity of Beast.

So if you are tanking your boss fine.. then its good enough b:pleased
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • LycanthropeX - Raging Tide
    LycanthropeX - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I have 9555 Hp with buffs b:victory.And with Lvl 10 aura of golden bell and vanguard spirit i have 11k phy def at lvl 66b:shocked
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I forget what my build was way back when, but my current build is this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    ^and my own current build: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8714af56e44426ef

have to note however that even though all things are set properly in the calc according to how they are in the game, the HP is reading 1 point high in that tool, the defenses are each just a few points high as well (resulting in 1% higher mdef than i actually have), however my attack strength is reading low on there. My actual attack str is 3907 - 6879. the speed in true form is also incorrect. should only be 9.0 instead of 9.2. that said, the calculator should only be used as a rough approximation and not as a definite answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..