HA cleric...

Options
2»

Comments

• tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I tried to build a HA armor, but the best I can get is a Cleric using 90 TT green armorplate and leg, but using magic shoes and wrist.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2933d6920c6c7b70

have decent pdef, and also mdef, and also matk is not that low.

My own build as a 100 level cleric, is a Full Mag AA Cleric. To restat becoming HA cleric is too expensive for me

the build is full of cleric, bm, and kitty buffs
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A HA/AA cleric shouldn't have an issue with FF or RB. In FF, level 70 clerics can heal well enough, and in RB the cleric's use is sitting in BB for the dmg reduction (and occasional heals).

Know that your heals will be limited, drastically, and to even be a slightly effective cleric you will have to gimp your defense in favor of -channeling. Which isn't so bad, except you don't have the magic, thus magic attack, to help keep yourself and others alive, as well. I toyed around with a cleric HA/AA build and to get over -30 channeling and 8000 magic attack you're going to have to refine a NP to +10 or better in order to accomplish this, and still, that's over 2,000 magic attack less than an actual pure mag/AA endgame build. That's 20% less effective cleric, and way more if you consider the lack of -channeling a cleric has to wear in favor of +stat gear just to wear HA and use a magic weapon at their level.

Trying this build early on will be next to impossible if not impossible. You will need a ton of +stat gear just to be able to wear HA and use a magic weapon, you're going to have absolutely crappy magic attack (low levels are already a pain for clerics), now going to be made that much more difficult as you not only will completely lack any HP, you won't be able to put into vit for survivability and you'll still be gimped in magic which is what really defines a cleric's power.

Now, if your "fun" is defined by making you a less effective cleric (skills can't make up in this case for a ****ty build), then I suppose your fun is at the cost of the squad you're with, most of this targeting early levels. Later on, it's certainly possible (more feasible with a re-stat near endgame) to do a HA/AA build but you'll logically be limited more to FF/RB. Since that's all you mentioned, if you're just going to get your gold belt, 100 fairy, and get to level 100+, then it's a good build endgame. Otherwise, since everything a cleric does revolves around magic (=>magic attack) and -channeling, it's going to make other instances like Nirvana and TT 3-2/3-3 completely miserable as your heals won't be potent enough, unless you end up with a +12 G15 Nirvana weapon. Possible, but a complete waste. This build works far better for a veno.

Low levels are amongst the easiest out of all classes on cleric i've found,just saying.I'd put it right next to veno.