So, what do you think makes for an apropiate response?

Comments

• Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    trollfacee wrote: »
    she hates/is annoyed that he posts walls of texts, but she also posts walls of texts. hypocritical, isnt it.

I don't hate walls of text. I hate it when people feel the need to impress anyone on these forums with their FORMAL LANGUAGE. Leave that on your college papers. You can afford to be colloquial on the forums. Trust me.

You can write a 6 page paper here for all I care. But if you post in 5 dollar words and use complex sentences that take up a ton of lines of text, learn to be concise. That will fail your college paper too.
  • trollfacee
    trollfacee Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Your account name is "trollface", the only thing I desire to tell you is that you are being ignored

you took the time to make this response to me, and therefore read my post. so obviously, you are not ignoring me.b:shutupb:bye
  • trollfacee
    edited October 2010
    So she was refering to her own wall of response? wouldn't that have been mine? So that she wrote as much as i did proves, what?

Really, who are you? b:puzzled

he is the guy that got banned. his name is Micheal. even tho he constantly says "forums is dead" he makes a alt acc to continue posting in the same dead forums. and so does all the other guys that got banned.

he is as big of a idiot as anyone else.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Normally I would agree with you, and I'm the one responsible for you even saying that from chastising you from doing the exact same thing to me.

Michael? Lol, aren't you usually calling people who post in faceless accounts nobodys? What, did you get banned?

Edit; Thanks troll, you ninja'd my figuring it out.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I don't hate walls of text. I hate it when people feel the need to impress anyone on these forums with their FORMAL LANGUAGE. Leave that on your college papers. You can afford to be colloquial on the forums. Trust me.

You can write a 6 page paper here for all I care. But if you post in 5 dollar words and use complex sentences that take up a ton of lines of text, learn to be concise. That will fail your college paper too.

Got it dear. Let me be concise, what do you want?
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Got it dear. Let me be concise, what do you want?

Your nose. Get it out of the air.

Oh yea, and stop accusing others of flaming you when you're flamebaiting. You asked for it.
  • trollfacee
    edited October 2010

Oh yea, and stop accusing others of flaming you when you're flamebaiting. You asked for it.

uh, you guys came into his thread to flame and troll him. or should i point you to the very first post in this thread?

just saying.b:shutup
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So she was refering to her own wall of response? wouldn't that have been mine? So that she wrote as much as i did proves, what?

Really, who are you? b:puzzled

Wow, open your eyes. Look at your quote. Look at the green text she added. After that she said, "tldr; This proves my point." and then added another quote which sums up exactly what she was saying in the first quote. 1 + 1 = 2. How does that simple math elude you?

Michael? Lol, aren't you usually calling people who post in faceless accounts nobodys?

Sorry, I thought my profile was visible. I wasn't intentionally hiding. I have corrected this xP
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    uh, you guys came into his thread to flame and troll him. or should i point you to the very first post in this thread?

just saying.b:shutup

The first post is flame bait.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010

b:shocked Not on the first date dear, at least not before you wine me.

It wasn't bait, i meant every word in my OP even if some of it was directed was directed at Airyll.

@Michael; LOL and how did you get banned? Can you post a link to that thread?
  • gross1255
    gross1255 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    he is the guy that got banned. his name is Micheal. even tho he constantly says "forums is dead" he makes a alt acc to continue posting in the same dead forums. and so does all the other guys that got banned.

he is as big of a idiot as anyone else.

Your wrong here, game is dead, forums are just fu.cked, and it's funny watching them go up in flamesb:bye
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Then stop pretending you want to resolve anything when you actually just want to argue with everything said against you. I already knew you'd argue with whatever I said to answer unless it was with absolute praise. Your own posts prove my point. You can't take criticism and it's easy to get a defensive rise out of you.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i suppose this has to do with an ESL joke i made in another thread pertaining to a failure of a troll. i suppose if you were offended by it, sorry? but really, it had nothing to do with you or disliking whites, blacks, mexicans, jews or whatever. you did blow it quite out of proportion, and i hope you do see that.
  • YsoEmo - Sanctuary
    YsoEmo - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So.. a bunch of folks got together on their lil' MSN "party" and started on a "crusade" to hmm.. What did they want to do again? Oh right, bash on the new GMs and caused all this drama so regular forum goers can come onto a forum full of flames. Wow, thanks a bunch "fallen heroes" for making this forum a better place to be!

"Fallen heroes".. LOL
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So.. a bunch of folks got together on their lil' MSN "party" and started on a "crusade" to hmm.. What did they want to do again? Oh right, bash on the new GMs and caused all this drama so regular forum goers can come onto a forum full of flames. Wow, thanks a bunch "fallen heroes" for making this forum a better place to be!

"Fallen heroes".. LOL

Wrong thread, buddyboy. This is a different argument entirely.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010

"Fallen heroes".. LOL
    derailing things, for a topic you obviously have no education in entirely! go away noob.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Then stop pretending you want to resolve anything when you actually just want to argue with everything said against you. I already knew you'd argue with whatever I said to answer unless it was with absolute praise. Your own posts prove my point. You can't take criticism and it's easy to get a defensive rise out of you.

Look i'm not pretending anything ok? It was a comment you were suposed to reflect on, perhaps dismiss if you thought stupid, but certainly not worth debate. I was well aware someone might be gunning for me since, let's face it, i'm a somewhat infamous poster. That doesn't mean i was baiting anyone, i was as open about it as decorum allowed. And i may like to argue but i am getting tired of the hostility. And i can take criticism but come on, i'll say it again this wasn't about me. Ask Michael, he may think me delusionally optimistic but i do think we should change some things around here and he'll have to admit i wasn't my usual aggressive self on our last exchange. And he certainly made sure to give me cause for an outburst.

But let's be clear on this, i'm not asking you for a chance or anything, if i'm not sincere it should become obvious in a few days. Which doesn't mean i won't defend myself if attacked. That's what i actually did mean to discuss with a couple of people, what do you do if someone attacks you? I'm getting tired of being called a moron just because i disagreed with someone and obviously responding in kind does seem to lead to escalation. However i'm not going to take things lying down, forums are not fun for me if i'm suposed to play Ghandi...
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Look i'm not pretending anything ok? It was a comment you were suposed to reflect on, perhaps dismiss if you thought stupid, but certainly not worth debate. I was well aware someone might be gunning for me since, let's face it, i'm a somewhat infamous poster. That doesn't mean i was baiting anyone, i was as open about it as decorum allowed. And i may like to argue but i am getting tired of the hostility. And i can take criticism but come on, i'll say it again this wasn't about me. Ask Michael, he may think me delusionally optimistic but i do think we should change some things around here and he'll have to admit i wasn't my usual aggressive self on our last exchange. And he certainly made sure to give me cause for an outburst.

But let's be clear on this, i'm not asking you for a chance or anything, if i'm not sincere it should become obvious in a few days. Which doesn't mean i won't defend myself if attacked. That's what i actually did mean to discuss with a couple of people, what do you do if someone attacks you? I'm getting tired of being called a moron just because i disagreed with someone and obviously responding in kind does seem to lead to escalation. However i'm not going to take things lying down, forums are not fun for me if i'm suposed to play Ghandi...
    Let me give you a hint. If you want people to take this as something to reflect on instead of being flamebait, leave your personal QQ out of it. By putting your own little grudge in your first post, it becomes flamebait. Period. You didn't even use it as an EXAMPLE, you COMPLAINED.

And if you SERIOUSLY want to make changes, shut it with the "I'm not practicing what I preached because I was provoked." It goes both ways. What goes around comes around, you reap what you sow, you get what you ask for, etc. etc. etc.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    lets put everything in perspective for you.

there are always going to be online jerks (including myself ;D) with entirely little to no reason to hate, dislike, and torment you; solely because they feel they can get away with it. the disease of anonymous. if you cannot handle these kind of people, they say if you cannot handle the heat get out of the kitchen. just because fire burns, does not mean you need to try and burn it back, it only ends up with everyone getting scars.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Let me give you a hint. If you want people to take this as something to reflect on instead of being flamebait, leave your personal QQ out of it. By putting your own little grudge in your first post, it becomes flamebait. Period. You didn't even use it as an EXAMPLE, you COMPLAINED.

And if you SERIOUSLY want to make changes, shut it with the "I'm not practicing what I preached because I was provoked." It goes both ways.

I did not insult anyone but made my case. Seriously i'm not interested in convincing you otherwise, and yes, i complained because to use it as an example would have been underhanded. And i never preached letting people walk over you that i can recall, if you actually want to get on topic i meant to ask exactly what the appropiate response should be? That's what this thread was suposed to be about.

And Waffle, please take a walk. I'm only dealing with you through Frankie from now on...
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    im quivering in my decaying snow boots. not. get off your soapbox, and preach to someone who gives a damn
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, that's the idea, not you. And the appropiate response to someone like you would get me banned so i'll refrain. I'll ask you once again and i did say please.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I did not insult anyone but made my case. Seriously i'm not interested in convincing you otherwise, and yes, i complained because to use it as an example would have been underhanded. And i never preached letting people walk over you that i can recall, if you actually want to get on topic i meant to ask exactly what the appropiate response should be? That's what this thread was suposed to be about.

And Waffle, please take a walk. I'm only dealing with you through Frankie from now on...
    I think the correct question might actually be, "is there any way to actually diffuse the situation, while still defending myself, and to keep a possible backlash/negative response back?"

In which case my best suggestion to you, is try and laugh it off, and just click the exit button, because it is not easy to both defend yourself, and reply in a manner that won't get a snappy comeback from those nasty trolls, which only adds fuel to you/or the "troll's" fire so to speak. Sometimes it really is best to just play ghandi, and just shrug it off. =x

EDIT: I am not saying ignoring them will be easy, but who says being nice is easy? Even being nice these days makes you enemies. =x
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for your response Silvaf, you are probably right but it's just that i'm not really the Ghandi type. I'll have to give it a try at some point however. I only got a handful of legitimate responses but then i'd be lying if i said i wasn't expecting trolling and flaming. All things considered it actually did go better than i expected... Turning in now, i'll make sure to check in tomorrow...
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ahem *holds back the urge to call out multiple hypocrites*

I do agree that when things start to ge out of hand WALK AWAY, but you have to remember it's hard for anyone (man especially including myself) to stop arguing because you know (or think) that you're right and you're not gonna shut up because then you'd be defeated by the smartass troll.

I suggest this thread go on topic instead ignited more flame wars. Although it should have been closed PAGES ago. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010

I suggest this thread go on topic instead ignited more flame wars. Although it should have been closed PAGES ago. b:surrender

"On topic" would be discussing MANray's personal vendettas. If it was truly the state of the community he was worried about he might have chosen a better timing that is not right after he got into a spat with Airyll (cited in his first post) and got a few threads locked because he took his personal arguments among people who apparently insulted his nationality or whatever into a bunch of threads.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    "On topic" would be discussing MANray's personal vendettas. If it was truly the state of the community he was worried about he might have chosen a better timing that is not right after he got into a spat with Airyll (cited in his first post) and got a few threads locked because he took his personal arguments among people who apparently insulted his nationality or whatever into a bunch of threads.
    no one insulted his nationality. he got offended at me and someone else going at it with remarks made about the trolls poor english and being ESL. apparently this makes me a racist extremist.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    no one insulted his nationality. he got offended at me and someone else going at it with remarks made about the trolls poor english and being ESL. apparently this makes me a racist extremist.

I have no idea what happened between you and him. I was never involved in any dispute involving you. My comment was about the time he called me someone's hag and I decided to chew him out. A fish decided to come in and tell MANray to stop trolling the topic and derailing. Maybe MANray was offended that the fish told HIM and not ME to stop trolling, since whenever he has a spat the other person is obviously the troll, so he tells the person that he is racist or whatever and that he's stalker, because they just HAPPEN to be posting in the same thread. Thread becomes a three way argument, with MANray harassing said fish about a topic I didn't even read and had no idea what they were bickering about. The fish tells me that he's reported MANray to the admins, and a few minutes later, MANray edits his latest post and says he's not allowed to troll anymore.

Guess what he's doing now?

But I later find out that the fish made some mention of a sombrero or something, and no one else thought it was the least bit racist except ONE person, guess who.
  • ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Cute as always, you even made sure to include those that were obviously typos. Como bien sabes, el Ingles no es mi idioma nativo. Me halaga el hecho de que esperas de mi lo mismo que de una persona educada en el mundo angloparlante, y esta pequena obsesion que has desarrollado en cuanto a corregir todos mis pequenos errores ortograficos estoy seguro algun dia sera la prueba solida con la que buscare se te suspenda del juego. BTW, if you also feel like correcting that you should remember the forum doesn't accept foreign types.

English please.
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Waaalls of text... b:faint
This discussion has been closed.