well grim..

Golassic - Harshlands
Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
(making this tread bc i dont want Alphae thread to be closed =]
he played 7 months >.> he dont know why ppl QQ and say that the game is dead wich is RELLY true..if some1 think its not, then wait few more weeks/months...devs will nerf averything that is possible,for that im 100% sure

1)Could you tell me why u think that u can be mod?(frendly asked question)

2)
@ all the rest :

I`m trying to be friendly and to give you what you want.

hmm? who told you what we want o.o?

3)
We asked for players who knew the game and got a level 66 Blademaster and an FW forum lurker. What's a level 66 Blademaster going to say when somebody asks for help about Nirvana, for example?

Answer to this please =]..

4)do u plan on going highter then 86? i know that ur tryint to hit 86 to join Equinox..

5)do u have any experience with big forum like this?

6)Can u handle all the flaming and stuff?

EDIT:
The only thing I will say in Grim's defence right now?

He can't ban people. That's all Frankie's doing.

Edited, and sry abt this
Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Golassic - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I wonder why you Failassic thinks he should answer any of those questions.

You are a guest here on these forums. You act like someone owes you something becuause you took the time to make an account here.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    1. I have a lot of experience with many different forums. I`m not going to name them. And also I feel like doing this job.
    2. Most of the threads were filled with complains about people wanting a good mods staff. Well here we are. Just give us a chance.
    3. It's true that I don't have any information about Nirvana due that I did never went there. But that's why this is a community - there are people who will answer the guys who need help with it. And of course one day I`ll also be experienced enough to give them answers.
    4. Of course I do.
    5. Yes. Another gaming forum and ex main admin in a national game portal.
    6. Yes.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The only thing I will say in Grim's defence right now?

He can't ban people. That's all Frankie's doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    3. It's true that I don't have any information about Nirvana due that I did never went there. But that's why this is a community - there are people who will answer the guys who need help with it.

lolumad, you guys banned them.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I personally don't see what a person's in game level and playing experience have anything at all to do with being a moderator. A moderator's job is simply to moderate things in the forum by making sure that the rules of the forum are followed. That includes locking threads, issuing warnings, banning people as necessary, etc. TBH I can understand why people may be upset about the forum administrations' decision to make certain people moderators instead of others, but I'm kind of appalled at the reaction by some of the members here. When it all comes down to it guys... its just a game.

I'm not sure why people expect a forum moderator to have extensive in game knowledge when there's a large player base capable of answering game related questions.

I'm not sure why people blame GM's for stuff that is the fault of the developers.

I'm not sure why people blame developers for stuff that is the fault of the coorporate big wigs.

I personally think people need to stop making mountains out of mounds and just enjoy the game for what it is - a free to play MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    I could care less where our mods used to be or what level they play even if they play this game.

All that matters is to keep the garbage threads locked.

It's not their job to answer dumb game questions from the community.
  • SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver
    SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I could care less where our mods used to be or what level they play even if they play this game.

Kudos

game experience is recommended but not required.

@Baalbak - i love your siggie! xD
  • Fallghost - Raging Tide
    Fallghost - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Lolumad bro/sis?

They can't be all locked at the same time ya know?Everything has a limit!

If that's so then why there are some stickies from mods?

/5chars
    I am a guy from Romania!

This kind of players are not very common,aren't they?b:chuckle
    edited September 2010
    So I spam 2k posts in the off topic and get Mod status without touching the game in 2 months. GG.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    1. I have a lot of experience with many different forums. I`m not going to name them. And also I feel like doing this job.
    2. Most of the threads were filled with complains about people wanting a good mods staff. Well here we are. Just give us a chance.
    3. It's true that I don't have any information about Nirvana due that I did never went there. But that's why this is a community - there are people who will answer the guys who need help with it. And of course one day I`ll also be experienced enough to give them answers.
    4. Of course I do.
    5. Yes. Another gaming forum and ex main admin in a national game portal.
    6. Yes.

On "6." you say that now, but, sorry to say... this so far, is just the tip of the iceberg.

I personally don't mind it if you're experienced or not, well known or not, as long as you do the job you're supposed to do: forum moderation.

But I have to agree with others when they say they would had prefered someone with more knowledge about the game, and "whats going on" here. With that I don't mean to say you and/or your fellow mods should be replaced, but that perhaps, PWE should be thinking of also adding a mod with those traits.

And to end, this is from the other topic:
    Ok, you got it. I want to get friendly to the community, so the community can feel better. My signature is gone. I`ll choose another one that wont offend you.

Pick me!
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    There are two people who have the knowledge of the game.

Ones who deserve the MOD position and don't want it.

The others who want it but don't deserve it.
    edited September 2010
    And there are ones who done have the knowledge and don't deserve it.
  • SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver
    SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    But I have to agree with others when they say they would had prefered someone with more knowledge about the game, and "whats going on" here. With that I don't mean to say you and/or your fellow mods should be replaced, but that perhaps, PWE should be thinking of also adding a mod with those traits.

speaking of mods, if they're volunteers for the position, why don't we have more? To go further, why don't we have dedicated mods for specific games, versus 1 mod who manages this forum along with a bunch of other forums. The company's not really losing any money over having more volunteers.
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    Ignasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Is this what this community is coming to? flaming the new mods? i mean get over urslelfs. so what if he doesnt know everything about the game. that doesnt mean he wont do a great job as a mod. its a game, if u dont like the new mod staff keep ur negative opinions to yourself. Just be grateful they are bringing in more ppl to help out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    There are two people who have the knowledge of the game.

Ones who deserve the MOD position and don't want it.

The others who want it but don't deserve it.

True... But maybe someone in the 1st group would want to be a mod, if offered a pay b:pleased And then every other mod would QQ because they have to work for free XD
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited September 2010

And this is why you would make a fail mod just like them, if you already start thinking like this.
    it IS their job to answer to questions, them being dumb or not is completely subjective.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    There are more popular choices for Mods than either of the two new Mods. Shelly I've never heard of in the forums, Grim I only see in off-topic or supporting the GMs in general discussions.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    There are more popular choices for Mods than either of the two new Mods. Shelly I've never heard of in the forums, Grim I only see in off-topic or supporting the GMs in general discussions.

shelly is from the FW forums and has been very helpful to people over there getting new information distributed and as I recall manages a FW fan site.from what I have seen was a good choice from the FW forums.

Had never seen grims name beforeb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    And this is why you would make a fail mod just like them, if you already start thinking like this.
    it IS their job to answer to questions, them being dumb or not is completely subjective.

I would not make a good mod. Not because of what you said though.

As per Frankie:

I think there's a misunderstanding here about Grim and Shelly's roles here. They are Forum Moderators, not "Game Experts" or "Game Assistants". Their duty is to keep the forum clean, not teach you the game. If you want help with the game, you can check a guide or ask your fellow players on the forums.

b:bye
    edited September 2010
    Had never seen grims name beforeb:surrender

Shelly seems nice enough, Grim posts in off-topic mainly, [insert biased views here] b:shutup
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    I think there's a misunderstanding here about Grim and Shelly's roles here. They are Forum Moderators, not "Game Experts" or "Game Assistants". Their duty is to keep the forum clean, not teach you the game. If you want help with the game, you can check a guide or ask your fellow players on the forums.

^ This

But... it would still be nice to have a Mod who can do all that too b:sadb:surrender
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hello everyone, I am here to moderate a game I don't even understand
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Enough with the troll and flame posts in here.
    Closed.
This discussion has been closed.