Attention: New Mods

Options
Shivalia - Lost City
Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hi there. For sake of not breaking the rule of bumping, I'd like to bring something to your attentions as we may now actually have enough people to perhaps address this. ^^

A little while back I wrote a thread with some suggestions (Which is why this is in the suggestion box), about the forum rules. I think at this time, with three new mods jumping in, it would be a perfect time to revise them and restate them to the public. Please consider this as you read on. I would quote it, but as there's also already some good thoughts in the current thread and more reasons this should happen, I will simply link to it for you.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=871872&highlight=Shivalia+Lost+City

Thank you for your consideration, and I believe that doing this would help the community, especially with the firestorm that's exploding right now. b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
Post edited by Shivalia - Lost City on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They look pretty straightforward to me. Out of simplicity and being concise, they shouldn't need to explain every little detail in every single rule because they're deemed as common sense. Changing rules will make them less consistent and in itself the forums would lose credibility.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They look pretty straightforward to me. Out of simplicity and being concise, they shouldn't need to explain every little detail in every single rule because they're deemed as common sense. Changing rules will make them less consistent and in itself the forums would lose credibility.

There really is nothing that's 'changing the rules'. Simply making them make more sense. As I've stated, in some of them, they AREN'T straightforward because some people don't know what they mean. That's why the revision is specifically for the definitions, not the rules. And while I do agree, that most of it comes as common sense, not all of it is, and believe it or not, we do have some younger players and forum-goers who don't know what somethings mean. That aside, me as an example, I had no idea what it meant to hijack a thread. I've been on these forums for about two years, 20 years old, and still didn't know what that meant. It would simply clear up some misunderstandings and its not a hard thing to do. Again, I stress it wouldn't make anything inconsistent because it would simply detail definitions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Looks like a well thought topic, I'll make sure to read it more thoroughly considering my new position. b:thanks
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Looks like a well thought topic, I'll make sure to read it more thoroughly considering my new position. b:thanks

Thanks for taking a look. b:thanks Hopefully it could help things here more in the longrun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]