A valid question

Options
13»

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I was going to leave your post regardless that my name is mentioned. I mean that I`m not offended of it - I have always been saying that my english is not perfect since it's not my mother language and that I`m not ashamed of this fact. The problem is that you just broke a forum rule.

Grim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    @Alphae :

I only have some purple pants lol They are a gift from a friend, but I prefer my armor.

Eww armor. I have like 20 outfits b:surrender

@Airyll

I seriously love you and everything you have to say. But since that's not a rule-breaking post it didn't need to be made here .-. I am actually legitimately trying to give THE mods a chance. Even if frankly I side with you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    @Airyll

I seriously love you and everything you have to say. But since that's not a rule-breaking post it didn't need to be made here .-. I am actually legitimately trying to give our mods a chance. Even if frankly I side with you

Tell me where I said I'm not giving the moderators a chance.

I certainly am. Or at least am trying of the best of my ability to. But so far I have seen nothing that earns my respect. Locking threads before responding to them; why? Is it out of some shallow fear somebody might respond to your locking post before you lock it? I don't like it either way.

The other thread was Depth'd while I posted, and it's never going to end up read there. The last thread was an honest question when it spoke about honour in the moderation system.

We asked for players who knew the game and got a level 66 Blademaster and an FW forum lurker. What's a level 66 Blademaster going to say when somebody asks for help about Nirvana, for example?

Wait... he can't.

It is not that I am not giving the new moderators a chance, it is that I have already given them a chance and I'm so far being steadily disappointed. It becomes particularly bitter when Grim parades around his signature about how you're not supposed to spam and break rules when, before he was a moderator, he was a spammer. I am being told to respect somebody who's not only a hypocrite, but who is outright rubbing his power in this noses of everybody else.

It's pretty disgusting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Im glad one mod is trying. Its too bad that so many fail people here are trying to ruin something.

Why copy that post into this thread Aryll?? It was pointless and your only trying to cause issues.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options

I certainly am. Or at least am trying of the best of my ability to. But so far I have seen nothing that earns my respect. Locking threads before responding to them; why? Is it out of some shallow fear somebody might respond to your locking post before you lock it? I don't like it either way.

The other thread was Depth'd while I posted, and it's never going to end up read there. The last thread was an honest question when it spoke about honour in the moderation system.

We asked for players who knew the game and got a level 66 Blademaster and an FW forum lurker. What's a level 66 Blademaster going to say when somebody asks for help about Nirvana, for example?

Wait... he can't.

I'm not saying you're not but try not to force him into a corner where he has to lock this, or anything else. Coming from the mod's side, which I know.

YES mods need to be chosen from the player base, YES mods have a really hard time getting respect and helping out if they're not.

It wasn't YOUR fault the other thread got sent to LD. And I would agree Grim is a little lock happy.

I guess I was really hoping people would ignore this thread and let him talk and we could see just exactly what we have to work with.

@Grim
    He has a good point. You better get leveling :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I love it how GMs chooses players who dont play to become mods.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Airyll, you can count on the fact that I`ll do everything to change your opinion that we wont be helpful to the community and stuff.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Im glad one mod is trying. Its too bad that so many fail people here are trying to ruin something.

Why copy that post into this thread Aryll?? It was pointless and your only trying to cause issues.

It's far from pointless.

I know how many bans that have been issued are unreasonable. I know what's happened to some of our previous moderators.

I love how you were even lied to about who was going into power and you don't care. PWI fangirl or fanboy to the end, you are I suppose, and it's not the mindless people like you who can't see what's happening that I'm not trying to convince.

Run along and play your little game now, grown ups talking here.
    I'm not saying you're not but try not to force him into a corner where he has to lock this, or anything else. Coming from the mod's side, which I know.

YES mods need to be chosen from the player base, YES mods have a really hard time getting respect and helping out if they're not.

It wasn't YOUR fault the other thread got sent to LD. And I would agree Grim is a little lock happy.

I guess I was really hoping people would ignore this thread and let him talk and we could see just exactly what we have to work with.

@Grim
    He has a good point. You better get leveling :x

I'll go back to ignoring this thread, but my reasons for posting aren't completely out the window.

Grim will see it. I would PM him, but I do not trust anybody on the staff team to respond to any PM they get. I trusted Ary to do so, I do not trust these to do the same. Grim has been actively coming here, and I'd like him to see this. I'd also like him to know I'm still highly disappointed he has that signiture.

Shelly's not been seen here unless I missed something, and to be honest Shelly's the only person I've got any hope for left because I've not actually seen her lock anything myself.

Besides, the point of this thread was really nice, but... there's only so much you can be told, really. Short of having Grim recite the steps to run every dungeon in the game he can run so far, he's still only going to have the knowledge of a level 66 player no matter how much detail he gives you. He has spoken.

He's not about to suddenly pop out information about RB Gamma or Delta or Nirvana or FB99 no matter how much you pry him for information, because he's level 66. Level 66 is enough for you to make a good enough judgement of what in the game he's going to know, and is not going to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options
    To be honest, I got absolutely no respect what so ever for a Mod that has less in-game knowledge than I do, and mine is pretty limited.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Airyll, you can count on the fact that I`ll do everything to change your opinion that we wont be helpful to the community and stuff.

You could make a very good start, Grim, by taking away that signature. You have no idea how much removing that signature would do for me.

I cannot stand a moderator who used to spam forums, now with a signature telling everybody else to abide by the rules or else. How dare you. If you want to start earning my respect, you can start showing me and the rest of this community some and you can get rid of that signature. An ex-spammer does not suddenly become god because he gets promoted, but you are certainly acting like it with that signature of yours.

No joke. Want to start seriously earning my respect? Start seriously listening, and for the love of all things holy, get rid of that signature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Youll do exactly that, not be helpful to the community and stuff.

As much as Ary wasn't liked for her iron first ruling of the forums she at least could back up he reasons as to why she locked threads, not just because she didn't like them

So far the only thing Ive gotten off of you is that you aren't exactly the best candidate to be a mod, and the other people picked are like who the hell are you even? Never even heard of them then we found out one was Kona in disguise and we were lied to.

From what I see, the GMs that appointed you as mods basically looked for people that have had the game for quite a long time but haven't really progressed that far, in which case you are about as useful as Yulk, which tbh, we all know was just wonderfully useful...

I really do have to agree with Airyll postings about the absolutely just amazingly horrid job of how things are being run here, it really is amazing how horrid it is. If by some long stretch of the imagination the people over in PW-Beijing do care and I do mean a longshot, they'd probably strip more then half of the people working here from their positions as they obviously have no clue how to do it, and just get rid of the new mods for being idiots.

And I swear if you edit away my post because you don't like it there will be hell to pay.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1. MODs are ... MODs, not GODPLAYERS. Them knowing the game is a huge plus, but they don't need to answer all answers connected to it. I don't think there is a single person playing PWI that knows it ALL. A MOD should know how to search, how to point people in the right direction, be 'on of us', but doesn't need to be your best buddy.

I read so many bad words about Grim, and I really don't know why. His forum past is his past (that I, personally enjoyed immensely), don't be too picky, people. He DOES play the game, is somehow known, and can be liked.b:cute Just him sitting here, and TRYING to talk with you, us, should give him a plus.

Other MOD is UNKNOWN here on the forums (in game?), and is not very nice (her already made posts stating how she is superior)...

Grim, don't worry, and keep it up.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You could make a very good start, Grim, by taking away that signature. You have no idea how much removing that signature would do for me.

I cannot stand a moderator who used to spam forums, now with a signature telling everybody else to abide by the rules or else. How dare you. If you want to start earning my respect, you can start showing me and the rest of this community some and you can get rid of that signature. An ex-spammer does not suddenly become god because he gets promoted, but you are certainly acting like it with that signature of yours.

No joke. Want to start seriously earning my respect? Start seriously listening, and for the love of all things holy, get rid of that signature.

Hahahahahaha yes
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'll go back to ignoring this thread, but my reasons for posting aren't completely out the window.

Grim will see it. I would PM him, but I do not trust anybody on the staff team to respond to any PM they get. I trusted Ary to do so, I do not trust these to do the same. Grim has been actively coming here, and I'd like him to see this. I'd also like him to know I'm still highly disappointed he has that signiture.
    His siggy hurts my eyes, but I think he already knows that from previous threads.
    Shelly's not been seen here unless I missed something, and to be honest Shelly's the only person I've got any hope for left because I've not actually seen her lock anything myself.
    Just because she hasn't locked anything doesn't mean she's got "hope." she could be a terrible mod and just not be here right now.
    Besides, the point of this thread was really nice, but... there's only so much you can be told, really. Short of having Grim recite the steps to run every dungeon in the game he can run so far, he's still only going to have the knowledge of a level 66 player no matter how much detail he gives you. He has spoken.

He's not about to suddenly pop out information about RB Gamma or Delta or Nirvana or FB99 no matter how much you pry him for information, because he's level 66. Level 66 is enough for you to make a good enough judgement of what in the game he's going to know, and is not going to know.

I'm not asking him for that. basically the reason that I continue to ask questions is because getting any sort of answer out of him is like pulling hens' teeth. If you don't ask it, there's no way he'll expound upon it. So I ask.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I would say Grim got over 80% of his posts from off-topic section, nuff said.
  • grimreaperhc
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ok, you got it. I want to get friendly to the community, so the community can feel better. My signature is gone. I`ll choose another one that wont offend you.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1. MODs are ... MODs, not GODPLAYERS. Them knowing the game is a huge plus, but they don't need to answer all answers connected to it. I don't think there is a single person playing PWI that knows it ALL. A MOD should know how to search, how to point people in the right direction, be 'one of us', but doesn't need to be your best buddy.

This +1.

A mod does not need to know everything about the game to enforce the rules of the game's forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    His siggy hurts my eyes, but I think he already knows that from previous threads.

His signature does a number of things; none of them good. I can name people who see his signature and wish to break rules out of spite because they dislike seeing a hypocrite spammer rub his power in their noses like that.

Just because she hasn't locked anything doesn't mean she's got "hope." she could be a terrible mod and just not be here right now.

Oh ho ho. You read my mind. I was trying to be polite but you completely saw through the act. In all honesty I've seen small acts from Shelly that disappoint me a great deal as well. But, keeping with the idea of being honest, I have seen less then her than I have from Grime, so perhaps she will end up proving to be better.

It's stupid to hope for at this point, but if we don't hope for something then we have nothing left and the forums are truly dead.

I'm not asking him for that. basically the reason that I continue to ask questions is because getting any sort of answer out of him is like pulling hens' teeth. If you don't ask it, there's no way he'll expound upon it. So I ask.

Touche. Point taken.

-edit-

Thank you Grim, for doing one of the most reasonable things I have seen you do yet, and removing that signature. It's appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options
    A mod should not get 80% of their posts from off-topic ijs.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In case any of you haven't noticed... PWE has not made the "best" decisions.
    The appointment of an off topic spammer to mod should NOT come to a surprise to you
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think some of you need to be reminded on what a forum moderator actually does...

They're not here to answer every dumb question you might have about the game, you have other players for that. They're just here to make sure you're not cussing each other out or talking about the next new MMO you're going to. It would certainly help if he knew more about the game, but I don't think Grim's level will have anything to do with his performance as a moderator.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think some of you need to be reminded on what a forum moderator actually does...

A Mod in my opinion does not spam the off-topic forums. Pretty sure 100% of the forumers agree with this.
  • grimreaperhc
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I`m sorry guys, but this one went in flames too.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Wait... he can't.

I think there's a misunderstanding here about Grim and Shelly's roles here. They are Forum Moderators, not "Game Experts" or "Game Assistants". Their duty is to keep the forum clean, not teach you the game. If you want help with the game, you can check a guide or ask your fellow players on the forums.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Let's find out what our mods know about the game.

Mods, please respond.

What level are you in-game? How long have you played. Tell us about your goals for end-game, your opinions on the class you play, your favorite instance. Give reasons for your choices.

Let's get to know our mods.

Sorry for taking some time to reply - I was away due to the holiday in my country.

I'm a level 86 BM, and I've been playing since Sep 2009. I'm currently working on getting my TT 90 gear, achieving the spiritual cultivation of Demon, and to slowly level towards 100 while playing with friends, making new ones, and helping out. I've been an officer of my guild for the past 6 months, a guild which I plan to stay on. I've not been planning my end-game as of yet, I don't see the point in it at the moment. I love playing BM because it allows me to play and enjoy the game while still maintaining a helpful position both in a guild, in a squad, and for newbies in game. I don't have a favorite instance yet, I've not had enough experience with the highest ones but I look forward to playing them.

I took on this position because I play the game, I would like to think that I understand where the community comes from in most cases and want to help out. I sincerely hope that you let me do that and understand that I will never work against you as I'm here to work with you. Sure, we may do certain things you don't see as fitting and that is fine, you're entitled to your own opinion and I respect that - I just want you guys to understand that we do it to maintain a forum where the community can flourish. While some of our actions may seem contradictory to that statement, I assure you that is our honest intention.
This discussion has been closed.