Dex on barbs increases defense?

Amar - Dreamweaver
Amar - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
EDIT// Never mind, the ring was just turning my armors red moving the dex below the armors' requisite dexes. //EDIT

I have a bit of an unusual barb build going. But even so, I've been doing the usual routine with his dex, only giving him the dex that he needs and no more.

However, when I was messing around with some rings, I saw that +2 dex made a huge difference in EVERY DEFENSE AND RESISTANCE.

Take a look at this imageshack gallery.
http://img835.imageshack.us/g/20100927093234.png/

The first image is with one of my ring slots open. The second image is with a magic ring that has +2 dex placed in that open slot. Since it's a magic ring, the magic attack shouldn't be adding anything to the resistances. (I confirmed this by trying a magic ring that only added magic attack.)

I got out a calculator and got the differences. That +2 Dex did the following:

Added 616 Physical Defense
Added 240 Metal Resistance
Added 240 Wood Resistance
Added 240 Water Resistance
Added 375 Fire Resistance
Added 240 Earth Resistance

I tried going a step further with this and removed both of my rings, retrying this with the magic ring again in only one slot. (The other ring I removed had 1 Dex and 2 Magic, which is why these numbers won't match up with the images up there.)

With Ring - Without Ring = Difference

1602 - 534 = 1068 Physical Defense
592 - 215 = 377 Metal Resistance
401 - 24 = 377 Wood Resistance
592 - 215 = 377 Water Resistance
592 - 215 = 377 Fire Resistance
536 - 159 = 377 Earth Resistance

Does anyone know what's going on here? I thought barbs aren't supposed to put anything into dex. It seems to give less the more dex you add, judging by these numbers, but if it gives this much defense, isn't it kind of worth it? I was under the impression that dex gave absolutely no defense whatsoever.
Post edited by Amar - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Irda - Raging Tide
    Irda - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    In the first pic your pants are broken and in the second they are repaired.

Is not for the ring
  • Starleigh - Sanctuary
    Starleigh - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Random question but the extra defense wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that in the first screenshot your leggings are all red (meaning they're broked or you don't have the stats to wear them) and in the second they aren't?

EDIT: Ninjad lol :P
  • Amar - Dreamweaver
    Amar - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LOL Oh don't I feel dumb now. I know exactly what it was now.

Those pants had a dex requirement of 26, and the ring brought me up to 26 dex. So I was seeing the difference that my pants made and thinking it was the ring. So Dex is still pretty useless. My chestplate had a requirement of 24 dex, so when I tested it with no rings on, I'm sure that went red too.

I'm tired, I didn't notice that.