Chances of getting EPIC rewards?

Undeadlady - Lost City
Undeadlady - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Hey i wanna know how hard it is to get mounts and aerocrafts In a Tigerpack or Luckycoral....
Post edited by Undeadlady - Lost City on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    pretty rare, dont expect much. pwdatabase results are inaccurate, inb4them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    pretty rare, dont expect much. pwdatabase results are inaccurate, inb4them

Nope they are taken straight from elements.data/tasks.data and put right onto pwdatabase.com to show all of those results, the GMs just say they are inaccurate because they don't want players to know the terrible odds of winning things
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    for somethings that supposedly have such rare drops, duke sure never shuts up. im pretty sure the odds are off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    for somethings that supposedly have such rare drops, duke sure never shuts up. im pretty sure the odds are off.

Or did you think its because thousands are probably being opened every second? the chances of something good not showing up out of all those opens is what is truly rare
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Or did you think its because thousands are probably being opened every second? the chances of something good not showing up out of all those opens is what is truly rare

well theres that...and the fact that on multiple occasions, ive seen one person get 3, maby 4 tokens of best luck in about 30 seconds, thats either some insane luck...or some screwed up data
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    well theres that...and the fact that on multiple occasions, ive seen one person get 3, maby 4 tokens of best luck in about 30 seconds, thats either some insane luck...or some screwed up data

It's like critting many times in a row. Data itself should be fine; after all, it's straight from the game files.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hey i wanna know how hard it is to get mounts and aerocrafts In a Tigerpack or Luckycoral....

Next to 0% on an individual basis, but in large quantities it goes up to at least 1%.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    It's like critting many times in a row. Data itself should be fine; after all, it's straight from the game files.

Yes, something like critting a lot in a row, it is entirely random data, and just like all the research done on refining, its always the outliers that stand out
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    you have more chance getting a reacharound from swordtamer..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Packs are roughly 97% tokens, 3% other stuff.

However, some items have like a 0.005%, seeing how they go into the decimals, its pretty rare, even in mass quantities.

The data should be right, but who knows.....

GMs, release an official statistic probability and odds per item? kthx....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    you have more chance getting a reacharound from swordtamer..

There is an imagine I thought i'd never have....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    For the Year of the Tiger Pack it's ~0.01% chance for Flyer's Legacy (the aerogear item) and ~0.05% for a Blazing Tempest mount, according to PWDB. For the Lucky Coral it's ~0.01% chance for the Joy Ride Pass (the aerogear item) and ~0.05% for Trap of the King's Mount (ground mount item).

FYI, the Flyer's Legacy from the Tiger Pack is the better aerogear item, since it gives you a wider selection of aerogear, while the Trap of the King's Mount from the Lucky Coral is the better ground mount item, since it gives you a wider selection of ground mounts. They both have the same combined odds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)