Can't connect to Server, Ping ---

XTigermanxx - Heavens Tear
XTigermanxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Support Desk
This is what i get when i try to run PWI with Firewall OFF.

I open PWI, i'm at the log in screen, and i try to log in. It just counts up the time elapse to 60 until it times out and says Can't connect to server. So i look at Change Server and ALL of the servers are --- on ping.

No, the server isn't down because last time i checked there isn't such thing as 6 month long server downs. Plus it works on my other slow comp. But i want it on this one.

So how can i fix this, making it so all the servers have an actual number for ping instead of ---, and so it wont time out and i can play the game? I was gonna put a picture in, but i couldnt attatch the screenie as that is not an option for some reason.

I hope i can fix this, i'm on Windows XP home edition.

Card name: Radeon X1650 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x71C6)
Memory: 1534MB RAM
Hard Drive Space: 263 GB
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I have a message to all who stand in my way: pray.

Indomitus Barbarus: Latin for Untamed Barbarian
Post edited by XTigermanxx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Are you sure that you don't have some software that's blocking your connection to the servers ? Some kind of anti-spyware ?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Every server but lost city has this issue for me. It says they are all down.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ladyvieira - Heavens Tear
    Ladyvieira - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    All servers show ---- ping for me too, since around 8pm last night. I haven't had any changes to my software or protections.
  • XTigermanxx - Heavens Tear
    XTigermanxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    As i said before, my computer has absolutely NO spyware protect, firewall, defender, NOTHING. And it wont work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I have a message to all who stand in my way: pray.

Indomitus Barbarus: Latin for Untamed Barbarian
    edited September 2010
    Grrr. Got home from work and the issue still not resolved :(
    PW Tech Support, please help us with this server issue. The settings on my internet and computer have not changed and yet --- ping still shows.
    Please let me know what to do to get back on to the PW Servers.
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm getting this too.

Server was reading 1500ms ping so I checked my ping stats to find my modem was malfunctioning showing widely fluctuating ping ranges from 20 to 900m. So I went to give it a restart and when I came back my internet was working great only to find now I had no ability to connect to any of PW's servers.
  • ihasherc
    ihasherc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm having the same problem, except it's only 3 servers, Harshlands, Dreamweaver & Archosaur. What's going on?
    edited September 2010
    I just submitted a ticket through the Support link. I hope this gets resolved soon, I've been getting too much sleep since PWI is unaccessible!