Rate my build: tt90+calamity axes

CornHilario - Heavens Tear
CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
so im using right now a build with just enough str/dex for gear, and pack rest into vit. right now, my tt90 and my axes both require 49 dex. HOWEVER, whereas my tt90 chest requires 227str, my axes need 272str! thats a 45 vit difference, aka 765 hp, plus some phys/mag def.

so i thought maybe if i remove those extra 45 str points and reallocate into vit, and still be able to equip calamity axes of blood with their +185hp and 11vit bonuses, i can make much more use of the 45str points i have right now.

im thinking this could be 1. more anti-squishy and 2.ubergeddon. however, i will be facing a big damage loss. BUT i will still be able to 1shot ninja air-gank all squishies(seeing as how 75% of the classes arent arma-proof), and still be able to hit hard against them with calamities.

any thoughts before i actually spend my money on the reset scroll?
One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
Post edited by CornHilario - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Makes you a 1 trick poney, cause all u got is arma. I suppose you could pull cata pretty well too, but most cata barbs go min str for pan gu giant axe.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    I suppose you could pull cata pretty well too, but most cata barbs go min str for pan gu giant axe.

had considered it, but that's 25 more str than what i need with tt90(it needs more than calamities do). if those went into vit, i would have 425hp more.

if damage is out of the question, of course. b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    my personal build at 90: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=48de835a95490718

stats listed are buffed/demon true form
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    had considered it, but that's 25 more str than what i need with tt90(it needs more than calamities do). if those went into vit, i would have 425hp more.

if damage is out of the question, of course. b:surrender

I'm not a home atm so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure that Pan Gu's Giant Axe has a vit add. And you can make up HP with refines and shards, and accessories (Sky Demon's Pearl for example.)

For me HP is not the end all, it's awesome to have but it's also nice to hit what I'm tanking, and to do a bit of damage when I'm hitting it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    For me HP is not the end all, it's awesome to have but it's also nice to hit what I'm tanking, and to do a bit of damage when I'm hitting it.

i will refer you to my OP paragraph 3

i have no intention of going into an instance like this lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I know a few players, and even BM's back in the day, who cut down on STR to barely hold a cala and went for others stats. And tbh most of them changed their mind and reset once they hit 10x and could afford to refine more. There's been a +10 cala floating around the AH for weeks now from someone who went this path and regretted it.

Cala's are nice, but have a lower refine rate. To out-damage an basic unrefined GX you would have to +8 your calas at the minimum. Once you reach your late 90's you'll really start to feel the lack of damage. Even your arma won't be that godly.

Pan Gu's has a very nice 205 HP and 15 vit too. It refines rather nicely and the bonus shield ability makes it amazing for tanking, where as the cala will simply burn a lot.

There's a lot more to being a barb than a big HP number.
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    going that path , you will need 212 str anyway @ lvl 100

which will enable you to grab pangu giant axe anyway..

Go full tank or Full DD, its better in a lot of way..

unless u are cash rich or dont might farming your butt off for fist Barb build.
    b:laughb:laugh
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I use +10 Calamitys (incomparable Garnet/Amber Shards) for a long time now and my lvl is 100. The damage is as good as +7 FCC weapons, the double damage is nice in pvp. I set my STR to 250 with gear to have a bit more output damage.
    I am able to kill other barbs with +8 TT90 Lion Axes (My HP 16k normal) and one-shot every LA/Arcane wearer without Def. Buffs.
    But i have to admit that BMs are hard to kill, i lose more than 50% of the duels. So the damage output is not high enough to kill buffed 95+ BMs.

Your Calamitys should be at least +8. Hard to find, but too expensive to refine though. Good luck.