Gui Modification

Options
Scarlettie - Sanctuary
Scarlettie - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
I used the search, came up empty.

I would love to be able to mod the GUI of the game and be able to support this via a GUI loading option. While I like the game, the games overall GUI is very bland and does not lend to much personalization. The feature is in several other games and the players in the games really enjoy this feature. It adds that personal touch and allows players to show off the creative talents that sit behind the characters.

TV
Post edited by Scarlettie - Sanctuary on

Comments

• vuce
    vuce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nice idea, could have some templete or a color swatch to change the hud color and appearence, I like it.
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    vuce wrote: »
    Nice idea, could have some templete or a color swatch to change the hud color and appearence, I like it.

OH! That would be nice, something to just quickly change the colors or even a quick select to change the windows to a series of predefined UI panels. Maybe one for each class for starters would be awesome. I would love to log into my Veno with a different UI.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well on another *unnamed* game I played, there were a lot of user made skins you could put into the UI section of the game files and change how it looked. It wasn't against the rules or anything because it didn't affect gameplay.
    I think someone who knows about that sort of thing could make one easily. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well on another *unnamed* game I played, there were a lot of user made skins you could put into the UI section of the game files and change how it looked. It wasn't against the rules or anything because it didn't affect gameplay.
    I think someone who knows about that sort of thing could make one easily. :)

I already know how to do this. This is also against the EULA I am sure (havn't checked), and not what I want to toy with on my characters if it is. This request is more about actually supporting this in game and maybe opening up the UI to custom mods/graphics. Maybe create a customUI folder that the game will auto read through, if it sees this folder/ini file there then it will auto run a conf that will load up any user made UI. The original UI stays in tact this way and its a simple matter of removing the users custom UI to revert.