Best Archer Weapon Lvl40+

Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver
Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Archer
I did do a quick search, but got too many posts that didn't even seem related.

Is there a good bow, crossbow or slingshot that I can use up until TT 60 weapon?

I see the magic classes have the wheel of fate at lvl42 (which seems very common in the auction house and cat shops) which seems to fit the bill for them till they get to TT level (according to what I have read on the forum).

I see there is a mold weapon available for archers (cannot remember the name atm) but I couldnt see it in the auction house so I presume it isn't very good.

Can any of you high or mid level Archers give me a point in the right direction as to what I should be looking for?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sinister Shooter is the level ~4x mold slingshot that a lot of archers like. Though it's not needed, as a decent generic 2-3 star bow/xbow should last you until 50. At that point you can get the 50 stash weapon (which IIRC isn't much more than the Sinister Shooter) or just grab another 2-3 star bow/xbow
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Supply bow = 5 gold, or 3.5 gold now. That's at least 1m.

Sinister shooter is sub 500k.
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    Demon_EA - Harshlands Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Supply bow = 5 gold, or 3.5 gold now. That's at least 1m.

Sinister shooter is sub 500k.

500k on a level 40 weapon...? WTF? I rather go with Bullfiber Pellet since levels go fast after 40
    The one and only... demon_troll... i will be pwn when i go demon again >)
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    500k on a level 40 weapon...? WTF? I rather go with Bullfiber Pellet since levels go fast after 40
    a level 40 weapon that will last you to 60. then when you get to 69 you can use wind and the clowns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    Demon_EA - Harshlands Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    a level 40 weapon that will last you to 60. then when you get to 69 you can use wind and the clowns.

it was more efficient if you use a level 48 and 58 sling shot for like 10 times less the price ... what a ripoff and bhs help level quick, you can pass to those lvls fast... wish I was above 40 right now -.-
    The one and only... demon_troll... i will be pwn when i go demon again >)
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I wasn't even aware of the Sinister Shooter till I lvl'd passed it.

I'd rather recommend using the best 2-3 star you can find till Bow of the Goddess. Then tt60.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    it was more efficient if you use a level 48 and 58 sling shot for like 10 times less the price ... what a ripoff and bhs help level quick, you can pass to those lvls fast... wish I was above 40 right now -.-
    neither of those have interval bonuses on them. it attacks faster and has higher damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Other than the Sinister shooter I would say this Bow
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the advice people. I will carry on grinding out my quests and keep an eye out for a cheap shooter. It seems to be a better investment than waiting to open the 50 stash box (which weapon I understand you can only npc for a few coins). If I don't find one, then I always have that quest reward to look out for.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Your weapon doesn't even matter so much now with the jone's blessing. Even NPC weapons will last you until 60.
  • Kataguruma - Harshlands
    Kataguruma - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well I used three star ornamented bow refined until 50. than I wear the General summer's bow.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I wear the General summer's bow.

Ouch.b:surrender
  • ShootJooh - Harshlands
    ShootJooh - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I personally used the Sinister Shooter. Was pretty decent for the times that I used it. (through till 6x for TT60, even then, still used it at times.) No complaints.

I'd say, if you have the spare coin, get the Sinister Shooter, if not, settle for something a bit less.

You are more than likely to get most of the coin back that you invested into it back when you resell it.
  • Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    well I did have a look earlier today and the cheapest mold in the AH was over 800K, i did see a cat shop selling a crafted shooter but was looking for 899K for it. they were spamming adverts in local chat, but when I pm'd to ask if they would take less than that, they blanked me. lol (text botter? not sure but was a bit suspect for a cat shop as it was going on for over an hour.)

all is not lost though my friend just surprised me with a very nice +2 shooter already sharded with a flawless garnet. Apparently one of their faction had it on an alt they weren't using anymore :)

goes to show there are still nice people around who aren't just in the game to hoard coin. b:thanks

now all I need to do is go level b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    well I did have a look earlier today and the cheapest mold in the AH was over 800K, i did see a cat shop selling a crafted shooter but was looking for 899K for it. they were spamming adverts in local chat, but when I pm'd to ask if they would take less than that, they blanked me. lol (text botter? not sure but was a bit suspect for a cat shop as it was going on for over an hour.)

all is not lost though my friend just surprised me with a very nice +2 shooter already sharded with a flawless garnet. Apparently one of their faction had it on an alt they weren't using anymore :)

goes to show there are still nice people around who aren't just in the game to hoard coin. b:thanks

now all I need to do is go level b:surrender

Congrats :3