New Core System, uhh oh ???

Tatuaje - Lost City
Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
I don't know if this is a big deal or not but now with the new CORE system them have implemented you can see every member from any faction there is.
tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
Post edited by Tatuaje - Lost City on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    was faction membership really something private?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    was faction membership really something private?

Depends on the faction, really.
    By seeing who is in what faction, enemy factions can possibly learn more about factions.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Spying on people's guilds wasn't that hard to begin with. This just takes out all the drama of "omg you're a spy, blah blah blah. 'sup?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How is this a bad thing?
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    I guess sorta not in a open manner since I know you get the heading over your head.

But now you don't need to worry about looking around for member to see how your faction fares against them level wise. You just need to look them up on the CORE system.
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Paranoid b:chuckle
  • Sessho - Lost City
    Sessho - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Guess spying on factions will become something we will know about only from old old forum threads heh
    My characters:
    Sessho - the one i play now and probably will play in future
    Shinsen - lvl 100 BM (kinda retired)
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    all this does is allow people to confirm the numbers each faction, which if you keep your eyes open you can pretty much figure out anyway how big or active a faction is. This doesn't as far as i can see let you see who has signed up to TW, how many are only at any one time - the sort of thing that is really useful.

You can estimate based on number of faction members how many you would expect to be online - but this differs from faction to faction based on timezone.

somehow I don't think this will stop people placing alts in factions to "spy" (lol) on others. Although with the whole profile thing it may make spying a whole lot more interesting for the spys ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I guess I've just never understood the point of that sort of spying. If you want to join a faction to stir up drama and trouble (more rabble-rousing than spying), sure, I can see that. But go look at Essence's guild list. Now tell me how that helped you beat them in TW.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    I guess I've just never understood the point of that sort of spying. If you want to join a faction to stir up drama and trouble (more rabble-rousing than spying), sure, I can see that. But go look at Essence's guild list. Now tell me how that helped you beat them in TW.

I think my point was for the less-than God-like factions. b:sad

There is no way to beat Essence when they are at their best. b:dirty
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think my point was for the less-than God-like factions. b:sad

Yeah, I know b:chuckle, but I still think it's mostly the same.

If you get bid on by some random faction nobody has ever heard of, it's a pretty safe bet they don't have many people and don't have a ton of well-geared high levels. Sure, they might sneak in one or two "known" players, but if one or two known players can beat you, "spying" isn't going to help.

If you get bid on by a newish, growing faction, you probably know they have this guy, that guy, and the other guy. You watch around Archosaur and get a feel for their overall numbers. You can tell whether to expect 20, 50, or 80 people in your TW and whether most of them will be level 60, 80, or 100.

About the only way "spying" is going to help is in some crazy, hypothetical scenario where half of some big faction leaves and creates a new faction and then doesn't log on for a week and stays incognito. That could happen, I guess (especially now that I just gave them the idea b:laugh), but I see it as fairly unlikely. Even in that imaginary case, someone you know is going to notice that the big faction suddenly lost 100 members who aren't around anymore.

I just think most of the information that's on these pages is already more or less known, and even if you fill in a few extra details, there's always some mystery about who will actually show up for a territory war. Knowing that DestroyTokyo joined Essence doesn't necessarily tell you whether he'll be in their TW.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How is this a bad thing?

*spies on your faction*

Hahaha.... oh wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    easy way to spot fake bids? XD
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't really think its a big deal. Maybe you can figure out more quickly who has recently joined a guild but its not like people don't have guild names over their head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I wonder if Enrage will work out I have a spy in there. b:kiss
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't even see the point of looking... Not only are they not accurate, but I don't see how it could be of any help to you in TW. Are you going to change squad set ups knowing one person joined a faction? Are you going to use a different strategy knowing the enemy guild has X person? The guild tab on the new core system says Regicide has 214 members... Good luck knowing who's actually in the faction you "spies." b:chuckle
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    In my opinion wat a stupid system
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Most of my faction said i was a A-hole and left..so now im inviting A-holes like myself to join.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It is not a huge deal imo...You have the Tag over your head anyways O.o

Also...it is being discussed here O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't even see the point of looking... Not only are they not accurate, but I don't see how it could be of any help to you in TW. Are you going to change squad set ups knowing one person joined a faction? Are you going to use a different strategy knowing the enemy guild has X person? The guild tab on the new core system says Regicide has 214 members... Good luck knowing who's actually in the faction you "spies." b:chuckle
    perfect point here: changing strategy because x person joined a guild. people in pw have no skill any more, so what is there to fear in tw. especially just one person, where chances are, your guild has some equally cashed out member.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No TW anymore so what does it matter b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]