How to get calamity axes

Romeoblb - Raging Tide
Romeoblb - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
hey, im a 70 barb atm and am trying to get the calamity axes, but i dont have the coin to buy it from the AH. so my question is what is the easiest way to get the calamity axes aside from purchasing them from the auction house. please and thank you.
Post edited by Romeoblb - Raging Tide on

Comments

• trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hey, im a 70 barb atm and am trying to get the calamity axes, but i dont have the coin to buy it from the AH. so my question is what is the easiest way to get the calamity axes aside from purchasing them from the auction house. please and thank you.

Pk them off someone.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Farm FB 69 with buddies you can trust. They Fall off one of the last two bosses in the dungeon if thats and help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Romeoblb - Raging Tide
    Romeoblb - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Farm FB 69 with buddies you can trust. They Fall off one of the last two bosses in the dungeon if thats and help!
    thanks. ill go do that now.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Buy them from the AH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    depending on how much those axes are going for on your server, you may be able to get them cheaper from the mysterious merchant by trading in the chips you get from supply stash + some coins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    depending on how much those axes are going for on your server, you may be able to get them cheaper from the mysterious merchant by trading in the chips you get from supply stash + some coins

This is how i got mine...

btw as said before you can also farm the FB69 (Wraithgate), but i recommend you to do it when the 2x drops event will trigger, so you can have it easily
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ..or there is always the option to join a good faction.

Fuzzy has used the faction bank to give a couple sets of said axes to promising up-and-coming barbs in me guild for free....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    ..or there is always the option to join a good faction.

Fuzzy has used the faction bank to give a couple sets of said axes to promising up-and-coming barbs in me guild for free....
    Awww come on Fuzz no one is as nice and sweet as you~pinches fuzzeh's cheeks~ Not to many guilds do that anymore most ppl are selfish at this point and dont wanna be inconvienced. You doing it just makes a rare and refreshing Take on the game. You should come to sancutary!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Not to many guilds do that anymore most ppl are selfish at this point and dont wanna be inconvienced.

true to that

however my faction tries to help each other out as much as we can. people throw chi stones at me all the time to keep my genie fed (it dies almost daily from TM spam in TT >.<) I give away TT mats I don't need, and just the other day rather than spending 300k on a dust of stars for myself - I spent the money on buying a mold and the required mats to make one of my members some Pants of Dragon Scale. I get AA drops I don't need, and give em to other members of the faction. I treat my faction mats in a manner in which I wish to be treated.

calamity's are going out of style though. when I first started my barb I managed to get about 1.6 mil somehow at around level 40, and I spent that on a calamity axe mold. Most of the molds were going for around 2+ mil back then. Once I got my cudgel of ancient alloy and was free of the annoyance of constantly loosing HP from those cursed axes, I thought I'd be able to sell them for around 2 mil. Boy was I wrong >.> Theres so many of them floating around nowadays they go for only 700k on average last I checked, unless highly refined. 700k you can get in a week easily just by digging rocks and selling them to the catshops in arch that buy them to turn into BH wines (or setup your own cat shop). Every time I break 100k from farming sales or dq drops, I drop it straight in the bank and dont touch it till that money is enough for me to buy whatever my goal is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    I hear that i am currently farming for me and my wiff's TT99 gear.....its a painful process <,<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I treat my faction mates in a manner in which I wish to be treated.

+10

True words to live by and Fuzzy tries his best to do just that. b:thanks

..although it is a shame more people don't realize what a simple way that is to live, and how much it will improve everything if you do. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rawkjawk
    rawkjawk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    nvm i read the post wrong.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i've seen molds on dreamweaver go for like 400k...i mean thats 2 days worth of casually grinding after work. those things have become cheap enough that i have a set for my barb and my bm. barbs is +3 with 2 immacs and bms is +4 with a flawless. got them for 2mil and <1.5mil respectively as is. (was a little while ago when i bought them they are even cheaper now)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I took out a small loan to buy mine from the AH, which I paid back with interest from all the **** I killed with the axes after I got them.
    You should come to sancutary!

No...not going to happen. :)