Server Issues (9-11-10)

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

The server problems are being worked on right now. Things should be back to normal soon, but for now this is just a heads up that we're aware of the problems and are working on them.

Thanks!
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Frankie do you know why this happened?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sure made tw interesting lolb:shutup

our catas took down crystal while dced =p
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sept. 11, huh?

Is there something we need to know PWE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm telling you they're trying a new turn-based TW system. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XTomerBroshx - Harshlands
    XTomerBroshx - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    will we get something for all the exp / coins / whatever we lost? couse its realy not fair.
  • Distinction - Raging Tide
    Distinction - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:angry
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Frankie warn me next time...

I completely forgot that a certain someone is your roomie xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TrevaH - Raging Tide
    TrevaH - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    double drops for compensation plz lost so many wines 2x in a row
  • wickedisme
    wickedisme Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yes... that is certainly something i would like and answer to.. are we gonna get back the coin lost while these drops are occuring...like in the cube... sever drop after you have spent dice tickets/do-all cards/300k in gold.. you come back to death?! then you start over.. just for it to happen again...... so who gonna replace?!!

Another Question.. just how can you tell if the person Pm'ing you is a GM or not?!

thx
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Frankie warn me next time...

I completely forgot that a certain someone is your roomie xD

That's a bit on the cryptic side....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aia - Raging Tide
    Aia - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In the middle of wined BHs, double drops compensation please? b:sad
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Does anyone know the reason for the server problems/crashes? I wasn't personally on at the time but my sister was. I was thinking of coming on to work on my archer though.....but I'm glad I didn't. I'll save that thought until I'm sure they've fixed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elapidae - Dreamweaver
    Elapidae - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    in the middle of tw with cala...crystal was down to 50% and after rebooting its been full 100% ..all 80 ppl been rushing in last 15min to their base and another dc..did they bribed u?...choke on my banana b:angry
  • CleaMuner - Raging Tide
    CleaMuner - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    how about an apology from the people who actually control the game and not from the gm's and mods who have to act as middle men, would like to see that they actually do something other then mess up the "new improved" content.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i really have to laugh that almost the first thing people post is "WE WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING" compensation requests whenever something like this happens. Sounds like technical issues beyond their control. The fact that we have a fairly speedy response on a weekend should be compensation enough. Remember you aren't paying anything to play the game - therefore no contract exists between you and pwe for which compensation is required.

It's like demanding compensation from the Highways dept because you are delayed getting to work because some other idiot driver caused a pileup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    OMG I D/C fight harpy wraith and lost full charm

Screenshot after to prove

http://i.imgur.com/D1q5d.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    30 min left in TW and the dc started, that was the most epic TW i ever been in b:chuckle
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i really have to laugh that almost the first thing people post is "WE WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING" compensation requests whenever something like this happens. Sounds like technical issues beyond their control. The fact that we have a fairly speedy response on a weekend should be compensation enough. Remember you aren't paying anything to play the game - therefore no contract exists between you and pwe for which compensation is required.

It's like demanding compensation from the Highways dept because you are delayed getting to work because some other idiot driver caused a pileup.

People are complaining about wasting wines and such. A more adequate example would be that you crashed your car while on the highway because it wasn't properly maintained. You get another car, keep driving, and the car crashes again because the highway just has too many faults and needs work by the people who are supposed to be maintaining it. In this case, I think the people who crashed would get compensation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wickedisme wrote: »
    yes... that is certainly something i would like and answer to.. are we gonna get back the coin lost while these drops are occuring...like in the cube... sever drop after you have spent dice tickets/do-all cards/300k in gold.. you come back to death?! then you start over.. just for it to happen again...... so who gonna replace?!!

Another Question.. just how can you tell if the person Pm'ing you is a GM or not?!

thx
    In the middle of wined BHs, double drops compensation please? b:sad

lol. just lol,
    people have issues xD
    i like potato
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options

Implying you can charm tank harpy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wickedisme wrote: »
    If they're a GM it will say "GM says: [text]", no matter what name they're logged in under. They'll have to tell you their name so you can PM them back.

Anything else, and it's a scam or a prank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Implying you can charm tank harpy...

Clerics macro must have kept going lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wickedisme
    wickedisme Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Do I have issues? No, I don't believe i have issues. Did I demand it be replaced. Nope don't think I did. Did I demand anything special. Nope didn't think I had. Mind you I am not trashing anyone when I say this so Noone take offense. Some of us do not spend money in the Cashshop. We actually grind for our gold.. etc..etc.. So when something like this happens it does become and "issue" as you call it when it occurs MORE than once.
    The real purpose of the previous post was the ending... so again.
    How does one identify that a person pm'ing you claiming to be a GM is in fact a GM?

OK thank you for the info.. our post crossed.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Clerics macro must have kept going lol

Bleed effect from harpy would have killed the clerics. He only has 20k hp, he couldnt have charm tanked harpy.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sept. 11, huh?

Is there something we need to know PWE?

That's not even slightly humorous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Bleed effect from harpy would have killed the clerics. He only has 20k hp, he couldnt have charm tanked harpy.

Not to mention he also showed that screenie earlier in another thread, bragging about taking down harpy. I think he was legitimately trying to lie here...but then again that was the most **** attempt I've ever seen, so I dunno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

TIME STAMP OR LIES!
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Not to mention he also showed that screenie earlier in another thread, bragging about taking down harpy. I think he was legitimately trying to lie here...but then again that was the most **** attempt I've ever seen, so I dunno.

*nods* people so funny
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *nods* people so funny

Blast! lies attempt uncovered i can't sneak anything by you guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

You are right people are expecting to be compensated after an event like this, which really they shouldn't be, but then again I really can't blame them for wanting something for even if it was only off for a few seconds, I am sure a lot of people lost out on a lot of ... 'untold' riches so to speak, due to the crash(s).

In other words I wont be surprised if we get something to help calm us over this whole ordeal with the server going down. I would be somewhat shocked if we don't get anything at all, after all it is their job to keep us the players as happy can be, less they lose out on a lot of potential buyers. I am sure they are aware of that. xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
This discussion has been closed.