What kind of weapon do you normally use?

Katsu_Hikari - Lost City
Katsu_Hikari - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Cleric
Just pure curiosity on my part. Personally I think I might lean towards patakas.
Post edited by Katsu_Hikari - Lost City on

Comments

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    what ever weapon the next mold/instance wep i want is in...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Zero_Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Zero_Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Personally, I'm a fan of magic swords and wands... Wands more so, but I don't think I've ever used a wand since LV19... b:sad

I don't like the inconsistent damage of glaives, and especially of patakas. I know that a lot of clerics lean towards glaives--which makes sense, considering most clerics I know are vit build. Glaive weapons tend to have -chan as well... b:surrender

EDIT: Er... Kinda went off topic. So, to get back on topic, I normally use magic swords.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I use magic sword although my next weapon will be a glaive.I was hoping for another sword but not in my budget.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No love for the glaives Q.Q

I don't much care for wands because their damage is too consistent. I like the randomness of damage when using a glaive. Patakas look dumb. And Swords don't look good equipped on clerics in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I got the TT99 Pataka just for kicks. I mean EVERYONE has the glaive, so why not? I hardly attack anyway, and I'm sitting on 7198-10700 MA, which is good enough for heals.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i like swords or wands more cuz i like to know how much exactly gonna my heal recover, tho i used glavies for 20lvls

more important are bonus adds than type of weapon
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    imo patakas on cleric is just wrong :/ female clerics look like they are going to trip over at any moment and male clerics are just...gayb:surrender

wands are kinda cool but cant reallly find anything good except the lunar

swords are okay, i love the damage range and adds. looks decent when equipped

glaives are my favorite, looks like they are made to be used by clerics. love the damage, the looks and the fell but i really hate not having a good 9x glaive -.- wont be using fc cause i cant stand it saying "reqistive lvl80" makes me fell like a noob with itb:surrender
  • GuinevirX - Heavens Tear
    GuinevirX - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Magic swords on clerics , i like their looks and effects (my choice in poll)

Gliaves are not bad , i just can't understad how u would use a glaive in the heat of battle

Wands do too little dmg , constand but just little

Patakas look wrong ( I love them on my veno) and their dmg gap doesnt help either

When u say *other* what exactly u mean b:surprisedb:question ???
    Proud Male Venomancer <
    It's a game ...................... Face it b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2010

teh pestle
    edited September 2010
    teh pestle

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i thought he meant axes for heavy armor clericsb:laughb:laugh
    Proud Male Venomancer <
  • Roriror - Lost City
    Roriror - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i don't like swords... couldn't tell you why just don't.

wand is ok but i mostly use a glaive,

and pretty soon i'ma be getting my first pata just to try it out.

so far i stand with glaive as fave though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    <--- 5aps wand-user here b:pleased

i like swords or wands more cuz i like to know how much exactly gonna my heal recover, tho i used glavies for 20lvls

more important are bonus adds than type of weapon

Para is right as always :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I use magic swords only. The damage is consistent and the adds are usually pretty nice. They also look better than any other weapon to me, then again I've always been a fan of swords. (Somewhat shocking that my Blademaster doesn't use swords at all. xD)
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Am I the only one that uses patakas here? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Me use a hammer.
    o.o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have some level 2 fists that I +2ed for lols with two mp shards in em, does that count D:
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • __Hysper - Sanctuary
    __Hysper - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Even if i dont like much the huge difference between min and max mag atk, Glaives here.. xD Usually they've got the adds i need :P
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Para is right as always :3

and even if not then i will be stubborn enough to convince b:cool

<--- 5aps wand-user here b:pleased
    very impressive b:nosebleed

reminds me Caterin =O
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Katsu_Hikari - Lost City
    Katsu_Hikari - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Actually I mean any other non-magic weapon. I tried to use the most general terms for the magic weapons and I figured that I had to take into account the small possibility that someone is using something not on the list.

Also I forgot to mention that I made the poll multiple choice should you have more than one preference. Sorry for not being clear enough. b:sweat
    edited September 2010
    Actually I mean any other non-magic weapon. I tried to use the most general terms for the magic weapons and I figured that I had to take into account the small possibility that someone is using something not on the list.

Also I forgot to mention that I made the poll multiple choice should you have more than one preference. Sorry for not being clear enough. b:sweat

It's ok , still , HEAVY AXES FTW b:dirtyb:victory
    Proud Male Venomancer <
  • Sarieanna - Raging Tide
    Sarieanna - Raging Tide Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    glaives are the affordable choice xDDD

Magic Swords are amazing, but I still go with Glaives b:victory

and I just dont know how you use wands b:shocked
    I love my sister, Alex <3
    Even though, I taught her more then she taught me. b:cute
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i used magic swords till lvl 80 or so then switched to glaive i liked the stats of the tt99 glaive. i also used that lvl97 pataka mold (midnight black), not that great but my friend said it looks scary so i use it for pk sometimes b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Swords till 70.
    7X -> 80 I used Acalantha Wand and loved it, same attack power as Ashura's Sign, even more consistent damage and the +mp was a nice little bonus too.
    8X -> now Glaive. Higher max damage is nice and it's min damage is the same as swords' because of the blue stats.

Voted for glaives.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Glaives and magicswords, I love them equally. =)

The bonus stats on glaives are awesome and they look cool. XD Same with magic swords. I use a glaive as my main weapon because it has a higher DPS (same min damage as a magic sword, but higher max damage). I use the TT90 glaive for general mob killing and grinding, and the Requiem Blade in toughre instances because of the hp bonus which has saved me in the past. XD
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • raphaelmcenroe
    raphaelmcenroe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    im level 10 human now,all i can use is lvl1 sword and bow,all other equipment says i need requisite strength 11 and requisite dexterity 6 and varies like that in most weapons in red writing,other weapons to buy of blacksmith say the same in red,how do i get over this or what to do thanks.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:dirty Buddha Leaf FTW <33
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I used magic swords 60,70 and 80 . At 90 i switched to glaive , i like the stats better then magic sword , now i'm using 99 gold glaive , i wish it was a magic sword with the same stats b:sad
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Crrrriiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt!

<3 magic swords
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I used swords for most of the game. Currently LOVING my HH99 Pataka...I am all about the modifiers on a weapon.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:dirty Buddha Leaf FTW <33

Agreed ^^