A good Water Pet?

Katsu_Hikari - Lost City
Katsu_Hikari - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Venomancer
I'm wondering what kind of aquatic pet would be good for my lv. 21 veno. What do most venos usually use for pets underwater?
Post edited by Katsu_Hikari - Lost City on

Comments

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Whatever is the easiest to get. You won't really have much use for a water pet and i may be wrong on this, but i don't seem to remember any water quests at that level range, except for perhaps that one turtle boss on Archo's south gate. Really, just get a squad...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You can use any kind of turtle below your lvl.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You'll need a pet for said turtle at arch...if you can't get a squad(unlikely).

You'll need a pet for the low 50s and 60s when you hit the Misfortune water quests. Alternative, group with a cleric.

That's it.

After that you'll occasionally run into scenarios where you'll wish you had a leveled water pet..but IMO, until lvl80 when you are able to tame the Celestial Plumpfish, there is no point in keeping a water pet. They are also the most annoying to level out of the 3 pet categories.
  • Heavenberry - Dreamweaver
    Heavenberry - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    THAT'S EASY!

...a herc with a snorcle.
    Achievment unlocked: Lagg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I know why you cry, but it is something I can never do.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You'll need a pet for said turtle at arch...if you can't get a squad(unlikely).

You'll need a pet for the low 50s and 60s when you hit the Misfortune water quests. Alternative, group with a cleric.

You forgot the late 30s when you get the quests by Allies Camp and Anglers Village. Not to mention the Lochmur Guardian Beast, which you can get the quest for at 60.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You can tell, I skipped a HUGE chunk of quests(didn't start questing til I was 66..)

Oh yeah about the last part of what I said, that boss you mention is most definitely one of those scenarios.