Increase level cap and more skills coming?

Options

Comments

• Po_on - Heavens Tear
    Po_on - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if they were to raise the level cap, they would change the exp system. They would either:

A) Change the amount of exp we get per mob/boss/quest/ect.

-or-

B) Change the amount of exp it take to reach said level

Edit: And if I may add, they should do it soon if they hope to keep this game alive. The game is boring. There's only so many isntances and there's really not much to do besides bh and the occasional TT. You can only make so many alts till you're like...wtf am I doing?? It's only the same stuff over, and over, and over again. Pk'ing would keep it sorta interesting, if there was a "Pull out of SZ" Skill.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've been pretty adamant that the level cap isn't going to be increased, simply because Nirvana is about as end-game as you're going to get on these servers at the moment. That and the fact they'd either have to modify quest rewards (hugely) to better fit the horrendous EXP curve, or they would have to change the curve (which could in turn cause a lot of anger from players levelling to or already 103, as I'd imagine the curve would have to start at 100 or so to be of any real effect.)

So... I'll remain on the fence about that one, leaning to the side that the level cap won't increase. But I'm not going to put it past the company to do that either.

New skills for the original classes is actually something I've seen people ask for, but from what I read so far, the archer skill doesn't look very promising. I won't judge it for real until such a time as I can use it, but pffff. It looks like it will suck.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Skills results: Remote single payment system
    .______.

So it's finally happened... we're gonna be paying PWE every time we use a skill. OH NOEZ.

*dives into fallout shelter and begins busily constructing tinfoil hats*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    .______.

So it's finally happened... we're gonna be paying PWE every time we use a skill. OH NOEZ.

*dives into fallout shelter and begins busily constructing tinfoil hats*

Man i think that TT with pets last night fried your brain b:chuckle

either that you you ate some of that toast you had A...m plant for your b:shocked
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Riney - Raging Tide
    Riney - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    There has already been discussion about raising the level cap, that the exp required for each level would be extended over to 150. That 1.75b exp is most of the 140-150 levels exp combined.

At least this was from an OLD discussion. Its probably going to be different now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    xRiney - League of Legends. TwilightSparkle / Rarity - Path of Exile closed beta. Dark_Marine - Firefall

Proud brony.
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    There's nothing about any level increase or new instance.

i don't know the map in this trailer, so i think it's new...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't understand much from this thread...but can some1 pls tell me what does barbs get out of this update ?

i know its a rumor but you just made me curious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i wants a constant tempest like boa b:dirty orrrr a BB that purifies or an aoe sleep or an anti stun skill b:cute

and answer is really simple u just make a new instance that gives **** load of exp for 102+ something like a delta for 102+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    There has already been discussion about raising the level cap, that the exp required for each level would be extended over to 150. That 1.75b exp is most of the 140-150 levels exp combined.

Your math is bad... just no. The exp requirement goes up about 10% each level. if you go from lvl 100-150 using the system in-place before 101, you'll need far more than 1.75b exp to hit 150.

The level cap will never be 150 here.
    i don't know the map in this trailer, so i think it's new...

Why would that make you think there is going to be a level cap increase? :S

If anything that's just Faction Headquarters or some sort of Housing system...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    FCC version 1.2
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    FCC version 1.2

They need to significantly nerf the exp in the current FC. This whole "get to 100 super easy" BS pisses me off.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    "you have insufficient zen to use this skill"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary
    Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    - Smartly .. This is why I REFUSE to play or try to keep leveling after 100, Because Im intelligent to the extreme.. I know that the current cap of 105 Requires a Ridiculious ammount of exp, THING that will HAVE to change when they raise the cap to 150 , 120 or 130 .. So why Would I work so much to get 60+ million exp just to get to lvl 101 , when In the near future 60 Million exp will get me to lvl 103 or more.. SO instead I wisely (again) use this time to lvl up my other chars to 100.. Oh I absolutely love me. omg!! It pains me tho.. seeing all those poor souls lvl 102 right now.. all that work and exp just for 2 lvls .. very sorry :(
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They need to significantly nerf the exp in the current FC. This whole "get to 100 super easy" BS pisses me off.

wow! Great example of selfishness , Why the heck would you care if people levels up to 100 or not ? gotta love these kind americans.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How do you know he's american...?
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    vbarbie wrote: »
    wow! Great example of selfishness , Why the heck would you care if people levels up to 100 or not ? gotta love these kind americans.

First off..never ever post on these forums again please. Just please don't.

Secondly, it is /said/ that with this expansion, comes a new requirement of payment. Either needing to pay 2 be able to get this new stuff, or PWI becoming P2P entirely in order to get this expansion.

It's still fuzzy but my friend is waiting for more info on this.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Guys...I believe that version is the P2P version. We're not gonna get any of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited September 2010
    Options
    - Smartly .. This is why I REFUSE to play or try to keep leveling after 100, Because Im intelligent to the extreme.. I know that the current cap of 105 Requires a Ridiculious ammount of exp, THING that will HAVE to change when they raise the cap to 150 , 120 or 130 .. So why Would I work so much to get 60+ million exp just to get to lvl 101 , when In the near future 60 Million exp will get me to lvl 103 or more.. SO instead I wisely (again) use this time to lvl up my other chars to 100.. Oh I absolutely love me. omg!! It pains me tho.. seeing all those poor souls lvl 102 right now.. all that work and exp just for 2 lvls .. very sorry :(

Really? 102 was easy, and it came just like the rest of my levels, as a by-product of just playing the game.

The only reason I'm leveling another character to 100 on this account is so I can share my 99/100 gears.

Leveling other chars to 100 is something I don't particularly care to do. Farming 3-3 is nearly impossible... sure it's an instance that can be finished, but it's no longer farmable, so I won't bother getting another char to 100 because i don't feel like merching another set of end-game gear. too much trouble. More fun just to play my main and be happy.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why feel sorry for us?
    The fact that most of the 102's EARNED those levels would be more fulfilling then being a higher level with an easier time of getting there.

The satisfaction of doing so is large (for most), and since they didn't get spoonfed those levels they feel good about themselves.

Even the people who got to 101 by doing it the hard way. Especially for someone like me being one of the first 40 to hit 100, that's down right fulfilling =P

Sorry bud but you should feel sorry for the people who got handed their levels b:bye
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why feel sorry for us?
    The fact that most of the 102's EARNED those levels would be more fulfilling then being a higher level with an easier time of getting there.

The satisfaction of doing so is large (for most), and since they didn't get spoonfed those levels they feel good about themselves.

Even the people who got to 101 by doing it the hard way. Especially for someone like me being one of the first 40 to hit 100, that's down right fulfilling =P

Sorry bud but you should feel sorry for the people who got handed their levels b:bye

you do no some of those lvl 102 might be BH,fcc,oracle noobs right you never no lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:chuckleIts amazing noone has mentioned this possibility and or reality by now.

If they were to change the amount of exp required to level but keep the max exp obtainable then anyone and everyone will instantly level up after the update if there is one. Anyone who have reached the maxed exp. would instantly become lvl150. Assuming we ever get this upgrade all that work would not go to waste. Granted i wouldnt want to be one of the ones who have to refarm new gear cause their old Nirvana +12 armor and weapons are now too weak for their new level.

Aoe purify is useless since the occasions we would need that is rare and insignificant.

Aoe sleep on the otherhand is the best overkill skill a cleric could dream of. Being a cleric who loves to diss out as much power as i heal i would love to keep a entire group of mobs/players from moving after i used tempest, more time to use more aoes.

aoe heal of any kinda really should be a cleric only type of skill....nuff said.

Speed skill, or a Anti-movement debuff skill is cool and all but an aoe shield skill much like wings of protection but....better would beat those in a heartbeat.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

How the hell did YOU get to 100 so fast, I have to wonder. Some of us worked to get there.
    I wouldn't call Oracling or Hypering to 100 "work". I'd find it hard to believe you didn't hyper or oracle to get there...considering the TB's came out in December...

Level 102 BM's, Barbs, Archers, Wizards, Clerics, and Venomancers I can understand. Level 10x Psychics and Assassins? Yeah...you either play like it's a religion...or you "cheated."
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If they were to change the amount of exp required to level but keep the max exp obtainable then anyone and everyone will instantly level up after the update if there is one.

Already been discussed.

If they do increase the level cap they'll need to readjust the exp curve. If that happens, everyone's current level *should* be based on total exp earned, not current level + current exp. Then yes, you would be at whatever level your current cumulative exp count would indicate, and many people would have a higher arbitrary level number.

The level cap will probably never increase. If so, they would have to rework everything again. They would need to create another new level of end-game gear, but seeing how 3-3 was made more difficult, fb109's were remade to Nirvana and Warsong, 109 culti was changed to 100... it's not likely. Besides, what new content does PWI give high levels... well last time it was Palace of Nirvana. That's it. One big joke, available in packs a few weeks later. If it were to happen, they'd need to introduce a huge amount of new content for only a small percentage of players who they've already milked as much money as they could from. It's not going to happen anytime soon.
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i would like to see some kind of Squad skills.. skill that can be triggered when all squad members click on it and it would add all their wpn dmg into one big ulti.. that ulti would be combination of mag/phy attack.. depending on the squad members..
  • NightRaid - Lost City
    NightRaid - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes a new wiz sleepb:pleased. That 79 skill was lame due to the 2 min cool down + they already lacked crowd control skills as it is.

hmm nothing for sins or psy so far. Bet they are gonna bring epic skills out for sins and psys later.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i would like to see some kind of Squad skills.. skill that can be triggered when all squad members click on it and it would add all their wpn dmg into one big ulti.. that ulti would be combination of mag/phy attack.. depending on the squad members..

This b:dirty

Like if you had a rainbow squad and everyone was at full chi the squad leader would get an option to unleash a super duper mega ultra uber awesome ulti skill that one shots everything!!!!one!!!1
    b:dirty
  • NightRaid - Lost City
    NightRaid - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This b:dirty

Like if you had a rainbow squad and everyone was at full chi the squad leader would get an option to unleash a super duper mega ultra uber awesome ulti skill that one shots everything!!!!one!!!1

PWI Power Rangers b:shocked
    edited September 2010
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    you do no some of those lvl 102 might be BH,fcc,oracle noobs right you never no lol

I said *most*
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If they were to change the amount of exp required to level but keep the max exp obtainable then anyone and everyone will instantly level up after the update if there is one.

Already been discussed.

If they do increase the level cap they'll need to readjust the exp curve. If that happens, everyone's current level *should* be based on total exp earned, not current level + current exp. Then yes, you would be at whatever level your current cumulative exp count would indicate, and many people would have a higher arbitrary level number.

Unfortunately Michael_Dark just speaks on what he thinks should happen, not what happens in every game when a level cap is increased and the Exp curve adjusted. What happens typically is everyone stays the same level. If you had more Exp in your current level then what would be required with the new curve, you get adjusted to 1 Exp shy of the new level or right at the new level with 0 Exp.

The thing is for games that do something such as raising the level cap & adjusting the Exp curve, those that got the higher level 1st dont get compensated, they had the privaledge of being higher level before everyone else. Just like people who buy items 1st when they're tremendously more expensive, before they become commonplace. There's a higher effort pricetag on doing anything 1st. Lets look at DQ horsies, which used to cost alot more effort, noone who already had them was reimbursed anything when they went cash shop.

Well 1st of all it was stated on the 1st page of this thread that the website this rumor is from is not from the official CN version of PW. So none of this will happen. But in the "what-if" scenario, dont expect any large sudden boosting of anyone's levels.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately Michael_Dark just speaks on what he thinks should happen, not what happens in every game when a level cap is increased and the Exp curve adjusted. What happens typically is everyone stays the same level. If you had more Exp in your current level then what would be required with the new curve, you get adjusted to 1 Exp shy of the new level or right at the new level with 0 Exp.

Well, yes nobody can be sure what they'll actually do. If you do please provide some insight as to what PWI has secretly told you and whom your source is.

One of my older friends who has been playing MMOs from the time they were MUDs logging in from UNIX shell accounts has said that he's experienced both situations several times, he's not on vent now but when he is I'll try to find out which specific game did this somewhat recently.

The thing is for games that do something such as raising the level cap & adjusting the Exp curve, those that got the higher level 1st dont get compensated, they had the privaledge of being higher level before everyone else.

Source? Pure speculation.

Just like people who buy items 1st when they're tremendously more expensive, before they become commonplace.

/facepalm

That's hardly the same thing. Do I really need to explain the difference to you again?

One thing I will agree is that it won't happen.