Okeano,twane,and every sin

bladeacolyte
bladeacolyte Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Assassin
i used your name guys just to catch your attention ohhh i forgot olba hahaha...anyway im level 80 now and 9 levels away to get my fairy...i was wondering whats the APS of a sage sin with COD up and with full int gears on...and without the help of genie skills...if its below 3 then ill go demonb:laughb:laughb:laugh
Post edited by bladeacolyte on

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    What level CoD? Also, Sages and Demons have the same base aps; the only difference is the sparkburst.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Full int? You are getting rank 8 i.e. ~700 mil? If you DO have full interval, (assuming you are using daggers) your natural APS will be 4, or 0.25 second between attack. Apply the % addition from the level of CoD you have in mind to 0.25, round, then divide that by 1 to convert back to APS.

Lvl 10 CoD (100%): 0.25 -> 0.5 interval = 2 APS
    Lvl 9 CoD (95%): 0.25 -> 0.4875 -> 0.5 interval = 2 APS
    Lvl 8 CoD (90%): 0.25 -> 0.475 -> 0.45 interval = 2.22 APS
    Lvl 7 CoD (85%): 0.25 -> 0.4625 -> 0.45 interval = 2.22 APS
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Why the heck would you even bother asking about CoD and APS? CoD's whole point is to kill your APS.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    CoD increases attack level. Attack level = % of damage that bypasses target's defense. I.E. guaranteed damage done.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • bladeacolyte
    bladeacolyte Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i ask about it cause i want to use that skill every time so demon cod goes down to 70% minus 25 percent when i DEMON BURST so that's only 45 percent reduction to APS coolb:dirty....thanks for the reply....anyway 2 aps to sage is not bad either i was thinking ill use spamming skill when i face yao jings(werefox) and APS to barbs and BMs
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    CoD increases attack level. Attack level = % of damage that bypasses target's defense. I.E. guaranteed damage done.

You're wrong about Attack Level. It doesn't bypass defense, it just adds another multiplier to your damage.

And CoD also drastically reduces you attack rate, so seeing CoD and APS in the same sentence in that context is facepalm-worthy.
    i ask about it cause i want to use that skill every time so demon cod goes down to 70% minus 25 percent when i DEMON BURST so that's only 45 percent reduction to APS coolb:dirty....thanks for the reply....anyway 2 aps to sage is not bad either i was thinking ill use spamming skill when i face yao jings(werefox) and APS to barbs and BMs

Celebrate while you can. In truth, the attack speed reduction from CoD is so big that it basically makes normal attacking useless.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    You're wrong about Attack Level. It doesn't bypass defense, it just adds another multiplier to your damage.

Why: OK.. so alot of people might bash on this build due to it's lack of VIT... which is very important at end game, BUT as a NUKE sin you'll be flying around invisible anyway and popping out like an ATOMIC MISSLE from ****** NASA, ROFL... buuuuuut please try and take a look at the importance of the ATK LEVELS. that is 79% of your OVERALL damage is going to go STRAIGHT THROUGH..... i repeat, STRAIGHT THROUGH all of their defenses. even barbs with 16,000-20,000 phys def are going to take a whole lot of damage, ESPECIALLY if it crits... which it probrably will considering your 75-80% chance to crit with powerdash. =D OK so combine all this with the killer aoe (above) or skill spamming target controllage combos and man... both 1v1 AND aoe damage, straight through the dawm armor. lol yea, holy fruit cakes... ^_^ hope you sage sins get a kick outta that one.
    Do your research next time you want to tell someone they are wrongb:bye
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    I'm not really sure what TurboTaxi really meant by straight through... He could've been saying that attack level is like amp from HF, unlike defense buff, and applies to the final damage taken. I don't think he articulated it very clearly. It doesn't bypass any defense by any means but adds a multiplier at the damage taken.

If I have 0 attack level and hits 100 on a Barb with no armor, I'll hit 150 with 50 attack levels. But if he puts armor on, my initial attack, without attack level, no longer hits 100 but less. Let's say I hit 80 instead, so with 50 attack levels, I'll hit 120. The 50% number itself "by passes" the damage calculation and apply directly to the end damage taken, but the defense of your target still determines what damage you get to apply the 50% to.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Thank you for clarifying that.
    Sorry Olbazeb:surrender
    ~Spazz~
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Demon CoD only reduces attack speed by 75% I think, so with your demon spark you could still hit pretty fast with decked out interval gear... i think, not really much of a pro with APS numbers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    4,3 att/s whit cod demon(max int gear+spark),another player did the math but i'm not able to find the post now. A lot yes,but max int gear mean rank 8 too and by far i just saw 1 assassin whit it...so...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Demon CoD 75% interval increase: 0.25 -> 0.4375 round to 0.45. Demon spark 0.45 -> 0.3375 round to 0.35 interval = 2.86 APS
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010

OH MY GOD, K-ON ON MY PWI FORUMS!? THE WORLD IS WORTH LIVING IN!

b:cute

I'll now be back in the corner.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010

Come on...AGAIN!? STOPIT!b:beatupb:infuriated
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Demon CoD 75% interval increase: 0.25 -> 0.4375 round to 0.45. Demon spark 0.45 -> 0.3375 round to 0.35 interval = 2.86 APS

Ok, so that's how really how CoD and demon spark stack (I blame A_Noob for misleading picture b:surrender).

0.25 + (0.25x.7) - (0.25 x.25) = 0.3625, rounds to 0.35 still.