Bidding Hall. What do you think?

MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Now that we've had this for several weeks, what are everyones thoughts?
Personally, I think it's a good idea, though I dislike that I keep seeing the same things over and over again.
The same mounts, same Flyer Tickets, and the same skills all the time for certain classes (Example; On Sanctuary, we've been getting a lot of BM skills and Veno skills in the Bidding Hall, but only once that I've seen Psychic skills, and not once any cleric skills)
Anyways, thoughts please? Do you like the idea of the Bidding Hall? What do you think could change? Etc.
Post edited by MistaBwanden - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Personally, I don't care what cash shoppers do with their zen. If they want to bid 75 gold for a Mammoth mount, then that's there business. I do, however, want the damn red text spam from the event gone. It's worse than pack spam ffs.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • crystalynnex
    crystalynnex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    we've been getting quite a few psy/barb/bm/veno/wiz skills on RT, along with land mounts and just today the male eternal love set pack (the fash!!).

i'm not so wild about it but i like to see the stuff they put up on it. imo it doesnt really have an effect on the market so im okay with it.

bottom line: 50/50 for it

the thing that annoys me is just the red text spam when someone bids etc >.> it's a pita sometimes :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

♥ siggy by Susylu - HT

"you can compare alcohol to a woman; she can make you feel so high, or she can make you miserable that it's far beyond everything." -AL
  • Demans - Lost City
    Demans - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i like it for the fact that it'll ocationaly have some wiz or psy skills i and try to buy, red spam is annoyin, but personaly im more pro for it than con
    well when ur LA psy has same wep grade and refine as ur pure AA wiz, hits as high per shot, has faster dps, and has 2x the crit %, time to retire the wiz............

dam op fishy....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It puts items that were only available in-game through luck into the cash shop.

It makes money off the sucker (someone bought lobster mount for 20 gold)

It further trains people to cash shop more.

It spams too much annoying red text.

Personally I don't mind the idea, but the implementation and the items offered aren't all that great.... Yes, let everyone who wants their masteries to get them directly wtih real money.

They should just start bundling gold mats and selling them in there... as well as Experience Orbs of some sort...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    It puts items that were only available in-game through luck into the cash shop.

It makes money off the sucker (someone bought lobster mount for 20 gold)

It further trains people to cash shop more.

It spams too much annoying red text.

Personally I don't mind the idea, but the implementation and the items offered aren't all that great.... Yes, let everyone who wants their masteries to get them directly wtih real money.

They should just start bundling gold mats and selling them in there... as well as Experience Orbs of some sort...

Like I said earlier. 75 gold for a Mammoth. >.>

Either way they die
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Someone spent 271 gold on that Eternal Love fashion.
    I LOL'ed.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Everyone can do what ever they want. Who cares who spends all the money they have on PWi?! Just the red spam is frickin' annoying. I wonder what would've happened if a bull was playing PWi... b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The good thing to it is it can be used as a thermometer of sorts for gold trading. Every time i see someone overpaying for relatively unimportant items i say to myself the game must be in relatively good health from a financial point of view. Once you start seeing stuff going for much less than market value you'll know we are in trouble...

The whole thing does reek of private server shenanigans however...
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    all endgame bosses talk now so u know what to do.

but that bidding spam cover whole chat leaving you clueless.

noone in pwe didnt think about that? perfect horns lesson didnt teach you guys anything? b:lipcurl
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • V/mpi - Archosaur72
    V/mpi - Archosaur72 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The only thing that bothers me about it is the spam of freaking text.
    I'm a woman and I find your complaint invalid. :3
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i dun use it but it doesnt rly bother me either, except they maybe could make bidding notices shorter or put less than 4 items in bidding hall. have max chat log and with 4 items in there all i see is red text XD
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    make the chat spam shorter, or less often. let us know when it starts and at say the 5 minute before hammering mark or something along them lines. also do we need to know in the red spam who bid?

Perhaps shorten them to something like:
    The bidding hall has opened
    and
    Bidding hall item X current bid Y, closing in Z

that is all we really need to know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    the only good thing is, that this s*** is on an absolutly american time, so noone of us european players will ever spend money on this junk b:victory

but the gold prizes dont move down just becouse of this bidding hall, and take care when the cashshoppers wont overpay this ****, the gold prizes will jump over 500k each, i tell you b:bye
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
    edited September 2010
    the only good thing is, that this s*** is on an absolutly american time, so noone of us european players will ever spend money on this junk b:victory

-facepalms-
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like it cause I can laugh at people spending 58 gold+ for Axe and Hammer mastery when it's in the auction house for 3mil.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like it cause I can laugh at people spending 58 gold+ for Axe and Hammer mastery when it's in the auction house for 3mil.

lmao i do tht my self its so funnyb:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010

i remember a few weeks ago some one spent i think it was about 49 gold on metal mastery xD
  • $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver
    $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like the acutionhall tho I aint using it.

But please do something about the red spam !!!
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    LadyVeonita Lvl 034 Archer
    VeonitaMysti Lvl 055 Mystic
    $exyAlexis Lvl 090 Cleric
    $exyAIexis Lvl 100 Sin

Im in your Mind and I will never leave~
  • LadyFeline - Dreamweaver
    LadyFeline - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Bidding Hall..

Well I myself would call it fail. Looked at it a couple if times.. Nothing much I would fancy.
    The spamming is even less of an issue for me. I usually sleep when it really would become annoying I guess.

The idea would work great when you have 1 timezone. The more timezones it spans the less it will work proper I would think.

Then again we get translated stuff from China so I for one saw this coming..

So in short:
    Bidding hall... nothing to see folk, move on.
    To assume I speak for other is assuming I am those folks.
    Well, I can tell you right now: I am all but myself.
  • Kieran - Dreamweaver
    Kieran - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Haven't seen anything i would REALLY want there yet but think it's a good idea over all.

Only thing that I would change is moving the bid announcments from system to trade channel. That way those not bidding on anything woun't have their chat scrolling like crazy missing things people say / bosses shout etc. Can live with the initial announcment being in system but rest realyl needs to move to channel we cna filter in omse way based on preference...
    ~kier
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I would say it had potential for some things. But unless it stops breaking my chat with a wall of red spam repeatedly every night, I will always loathe it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The items have mostly been the skills, but I did have one lucky night. I managed to get a Bad Panda mount for only 12 gold. I got my use out of it and I'm likely done with it now. ^^;
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Someone spent like 90 gold on a mount that can be gotten for half the price, pretty funny.

It's kinda meh, although I was hating it the other day when I put up a demon barb axe and hammer mastery right after I spent gold that I had bought from the AH to +5 my plate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    yeah i dont care what the people do with gold but the red text KABOOOOM BOMBS in chat are very annoying.They need to make them private as well...and people thought horns were bad...
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
    edited September 2010
    Everyone seems to HATE that red text spam.
    x3
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Everyone seems to HATE that red text spam.
    x3

Kind of obvious.

Westerners like their personal privacy. Those in the east, loathe it.

Either way they die