Psychic VS Archer

OceanRemix - Dreamweaver
OceanRemix - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Archer
wondering if my main should be an archer or a psychic, both ranged which i love but i love being fast and hardly hit but mages are said or in most games have less defense then archers

unsure which to pick really.

Anyone help me with this? love using arrows or wands + anyone got images of female elf archer armours?
Post edited by OceanRemix - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Go with psy, archer gets boring at higher level. They get killed pretty easily by all class at endgame. unless you can get 5aps with fist. And my level 20 psy i find is fun so i cant really imagine how much more fun it would be at high level.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Ellantria - Heavens Tear
    Ellantria - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Archers have halved damage at melee range. Archers lack the stunning and holding capabilities of Psy. (Archers have four total stuns/immobilizes/slows, all single target to my knowledge. Psys have 7-8 slows/stuns/immobilizes/knockbacks total, most of which are multi target.)

Archers are 'generally' more sturdy than psys. Archers cost money for arrows.

Psys have bigger numbers that show up on screen. Archers make numbers appear much more quickly and crit a lot.

:/ It's really rather you'd like to do ranged physical damage and excel at 1v1, or do ranged magic damage and have excellent crowd control.
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • Roin - Harshlands
    Roin - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Go with psy, archer gets boring at higher level. They get killed pretty easily by all class at endgame. unless you can get 5aps with fist. And my level 20 psy i find is fun so i cant really imagine how much more fun it would be at high level.

your joking right? if a archer uses fists in pvp he will get ***** only a noob would say otherwise b:laugh and most people find phys alot more boring endgame then archers and phys can get ***** easy in pvp (faster then a archer) if the other guy knows what he is doing

i find my archer very fun and so far i have not found anyone in the 50's that can beat him in pvp endgame with garbage gear you will die but if you know how to play your class and can time skills right a archer can be godly ( and get decent gear) all of the phys i have seen other then 1 gets ***** in pvp very bad all they can do is duels and the one sin wins because he dose not fight alone knows how to play his class and has alot of pvp pots xD if i was you i would play them both till 60 ( 30 if you don't have the time or don't want to w8 very long ) then pick the one you like best b:surrender im told phys spend alot on mana pots and arrows for a archer cost almost nothing i spend 10k every few days on mine and only a few pots if any at all where as a phys you will need to use alot

good luck picking a class tho
  • Arkaminus - Harshlands
    Arkaminus - Harshlands Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2010

lol,thats one of the dumbest comments ive ever seen.. i have a pretty well geared veno on lost city server and the two classes that mostly always beat me in a one vs one is a good archer and fist bm ..so i dont know wat u mean by archers are easily killed..perhaps u maybe killed 1 archer or something and think of urslef as major pro and that archers suck, think again.
    Those who constantly complain about the bad things in life always end up in the worst positions.
    so forget about what's bad and enjoy what's good.
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    your joking right? if a archer uses fists in pvp he will get ***** only a noob would say otherwise b:laugh and most people find phys alot more boring endgame then archers and phys can get ***** easy in pvp (faster then a archer) if the other guy knows what he is doing

i find my archer very fun and so far i have not found anyone in the 50's that can beat him in pvp endgame with garbage gear you will die but if you know how to play your class and can time skills right a archer can be godly ( and get decent gear) all of the phys i have seen other then 1 gets ***** in pvp very bad all they can do is duels and the one sin wins because he dose not fight alone knows how to play his class and has alot of pvp pots xD if i was you i would play them both till 60 ( 30 if you don't have the time or don't want to w8 very long ) then pick the one you like best b:surrender im told phys spend alot on mana pots and arrows for a archer cost almost nothing i spend 10k every few days on mine and only a few pots if any at all where as a phys you will need to use alot

good luck picking a class tho

i rarely use ALOT of pots at my lvl on a psy and for you comment on psy losing in pvp im a lvl 67 psy as my avatar says and iv beaten ever class at my lvl plus beaten many people higher then me.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i rarely use ALOT of pots at my lvl on a psy and for you comment on psy losing in pvp im a lvl 67 psy as my avatar says and iv beaten ever class at my lvl plus beaten many people higher then me.

Well, since you're only lvl67, I guess you couldn't mention that psys have the smallest HP pool endgame. And that they are always a one shot if not prepared.

And no, prepared does not mean having your soul skills on.b:bye
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Roin - Harshlands
    edited September 2010

was talking about 90+ a phys might have on average 4k hp unbuffed and there p def will not be very good so even a +5 archer can 1 shot them with a deadly shot crit and when you have 27% chance to crit its not going to go very nice i do know phys can hit very hard with blackvoodo on but that also makes them easy to kill if used right with whitevoodo and you never mess up can be very good tho but most phys classes can still 1 shot you because the lack of defense im not trying to bash on phys or anything but why do you think (at least on harshlands) there are more 90+ wiz then phys if your good have pvp pots pro genie and and charm + know how to play phys are very deadly and very hard to kill at least the only one i seen that can pvp was
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I got killed by BMs way to easily. I beat every other class except sins and pro bms. High hitting class hitting a squishy class. yah ok

Besides, its all cuz of my archers fault i cant get the anni mount on this char
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Archers cost money for arrows.

Why is this even mentioned? Mana pot costs is way more than the cost of a few arrows.
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010

How would getting 5 aps with fists increase their survivability?b:chuckle

THE DUMBEST POST EVER
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Roin - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    I got killed by BMs way to easily. I beat every other class except sins and pro bms. High hitting class hitting a squishy class. yah ok

Besides, its all cuz of my archers fault i cant get the anni mount on this char

Maby it was just you who sucked i mean look at your bm not even 1 kill on him so im guessing you don't know how to pvp or don't do it alot? i do good with my archer vs all classes so far my endgame archer friends pwn everyone you just need to find out how to play the game and you might not get ***** all the time and course you will die to +10 wizards and **** like that with noob gear if you had gear like that you would do fine if you don't fail i mean come on its so easy if you suck you can just get a iron guard and a anti stun skill on your genie tripplespark>genie skill>iron guard> stun arrow and auto att them to death

Get 2 endgame get some nice gear and watch your 8k crits **** all but the overgeared players
  • denesis
    edited September 2010

Get 2 endgame get some nice gear and watch your 8k crits **** all but the overgeared players

Lol man thats not possible unless u have +12 nirvana/rank8/warsoul.

I was fighting tt90 aa wizard with my +9 lunar bow and i did only 2-3k crit, so no way u can beat similar geared ppl unless u have above mentioned gear.
    And lol all classes can get to endgame and get some nice gear and when they do that archers dont stand a chance....
  • Roin - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    denesis wrote: »
    Lol man thats not possible unless u have +12 nirvana/rank8/warsoul.

I was fighting tt90 aa wizard with my +9 lunar bow and i did only 2-3k crit, so no way u can beat similar geared ppl unless u have above mentioned gear.
    And lol all classes can get to endgame and get some nice gear and when they do that archers dont stand a chance....

was nirvana and if your only hiting that low on a tt 90 wiz his gear must be nice or something is wrong there? i dont know about all skills but a deadly shot crit with a +5 luner should be doing 4k+ your +9 bow should do a lot more then that and if you know how to paly your class archers are not that bad endgame just takes more skill then a few of the other classes
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    psy will be a little bit more gimp compare to wizard. Wizard have their own earth shield which increases yar defense by alot. Psy have their atack lv/def lv adjustment thingy.. but if they go for atack their def lv goes down.. making them more squishy. But if ya go for Defense, yar damage goes down by alot.

Psy n Wizard are pretty similar, except that Psy has more aoes that dont require excesive amount of chi(vigor:ya build atacking people or spaming skills).

Wizards always been chi drainers, Psy on the other side have amazing aoes that can stun or imobilize.

Psy is slighty another wizard with really good skills. I still enjoy playing wizard more.. but its up to other person.

Archer is quite different from them, archer armor by itself its not the best end game. With a few $ or lots of farming.. ya will achieve good gear. Archers can be PVP n Pve based, but archer like the others.. its probably the most squishy. Archers not made for tanking but killing n kiting. I enjoy play archer more than wizard cus its really easy to be honest.

Archer doesnt have high ammount of aoes, actually only 4 skills n only one that can be constant as long as the target dont die. Archers are best for assisting people.

Wizard n Psy = High damage/Semi squishy/lots of aoe/Not so fast atacks

Archer = Spike Cri damage/Squishy/less aoe/ higher speed

P.S. wizard n psy rarely go to any sum sort of endgame instance unless ya leech/friends with people. Cause yar Damage per second is highly slow than other characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • denesis
    edited September 2010
    was nirvana and if your only hiting that low on a tt 90 wiz his gear must be nice or something is wrong there? i dont know about all skills but a deadly shot crit with a +5 luner should be doing 4k+ your +9 bow should do a lot more then that and if you know how to paly your class archers are not that bad endgame just takes more skill then a few of the other classes

I didnt use skills, was just testing my dmg with normal attacks and i have all of "main" demons skills including mastery and qs, and i didnt even tick his charm with qs proc before he 1hit me with his +8 weap, although that wizard had highly refined phy ornaments.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Actually... if I were getting 4000 max damage with a +5 heaven's shatterer and my current other gear, a +9 would raise my maximum to 4720.
  • Roin - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Actually... if I were getting 4000 max damage with a +5 heaven's shatterer and my current other gear, a +9 would raise my maximum to 4720.

was not the max and wow i thought refineing that high would help more =S
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited September 2010

You PvP using fists on an archer?

If you do, go uninstall pls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    PVP = Archer
    PVE = Psychic

.....I die to Archers probably more than any class....except assassins. Their high crit level, and physical damage does a LOT to hurt me, a magic user.
    I have a hybrid build. That means 2 points VIT, 3 points MAG for every level I hit. I have 30 Dex atm, so my crit w/o gear is about 2%. My STR is 75, making me SLIGHTLY less squishy than other Psychics my level.

An archer my level can still two shot me in White Voodoo. Of course, to be fair, I can stun the Archer and then kill it in another hit...but normally I'm caught off guard by archers and assassins, without chi, and therefore without a stun.

Psychics do have AoE's. I pride myself in being able to nuke several players at once while doublesparked. But Archers have an AoE that's just as deadly, and in TW and PvP, a high level archer is something VERY VERY scary.

go with what you're most comfortable with. Do you like killing squishy BM's, archers, and Sins? Roll a Psychic. Like to shoot at Wizards, venomancers, and Psychics? Roll an archer.
  • Ellantria - Heavens Tear
    Ellantria - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    PVP = Archer
    PVE = Psychic

.....I die to Archers probably more than any class....except assassins. Their high crit level, and physical damage does a LOT to hurt me, a magic user.
    I have a hybrid build. That means 2 points VIT, 3 points MAG for every level I hit. I have 30 Dex atm, so my crit w/o gear is about 2%. My STR is 75, making me SLIGHTLY less squishy than other Psychics my level.

An archer my level can still two shot me in White Voodoo. Of course, to be fair, I can stun the Archer and then kill it in another hit...but normally I'm caught off guard by archers and assassins, without chi, and therefore without a stun.

Psychics do have AoE's. I pride myself in being able to nuke several players at once while doublesparked. But Archers have an AoE that's just as deadly, and in TW and PvP, a high level archer is something VERY VERY scary.

go with what you're most comfortable with. Do you like killing squishy BM's, archers, and Sins? Roll a Psychic. Like to shoot at Wizards, venomancers, and Psychics? Roll an archer.

First Bold: 21 points too many in STR.
    Second Bold: What level is your white voodoo? 1? What's your Pdef? I've never been two shot by an archer in white voodoo unless they seriously outlevel/gear me.
    Third Bold: Double Sparking wastes Vector. In PvP Vector is important. Having no sparks = no vector. No vector = dead psy. Also, that takes away your Psy will. No psy will = even deader psy.
    Fourth Bold: Against still targets. In TW, trying to use Barrage usually ends in that Archer dying in the next few seconds. And even if they do get to use it, the only people that will stand in the effected area are stunlocked people. Or already dead people.

It really comes down to this....

Archers are better at 1v1 and Zhenning/FF, due to their channeled AoE. You'll also need to spend TONS of money end game to keep up with the crowd.

Psys are better crowd controllers and damn hard to kill if they know what they are doing. Also, we can hit as high as Wizards if we are geared right.
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • Tisa - Dreamweaver
    Tisa - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    On a PvE related note:

Grinding/Questing

- Both classes are great at grinding/questing
    - Psy dominates since level 1 and never really stops being a mob murder machine,
    - Archer has some rough times at lower levels, but quickly picks up 50/60+ or so,
    - Both classes have excellent mob control,
    - Psy has way more downtime/expenses when grinding/questing at mid-lvls+,
    - Archer can perma-grind/quest at about 60+ without any downtime/pots,
    - Psy gets better mana control at 75 with event food.

To anyone who said arrows cost a lot:

1. Use level 1 arrows
    2. Level 1 Arrows > anything mana related in terms of cost
    3. No mana recources for psy = sitting down every 5 min

Dungeons

- For BH either works just as well until endgame,
    - Archers are more sought after for Rebirth
    - Archers are more sought after for TT (Sharpened Tooth Arrow)
    - Generally, people prefer archer for FC, but a Psy can destroy in there. Personally, i'd pick a psy over archer for FC, but that's just my opinion.

PvE Survivability

- Both classes are ''kind-of'' squishy, both have good defensive moves though
    - At mobs, both classes kill way too fast (and from too far) for any serious danger
    - Archers can tank some serious bosses in high levels (noteworthy: a WB or 2)
    - Psy excel at tanking magic bosses, mainly in BHs (although don't expect every squad to let you tank).
    - Both classes can easily steal aggro so self-control is good in dungeons.

My 2 cents.
  • OceanRemix - Dreamweaver
    OceanRemix - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    wow still unsure which to pick, love both so much :/ but unsure which will be best for my main character, love to solo (party with my best friend) she is assassian but still unsure

both classes do love awsome, look cool with a bow but magic is nice

blah i hate my stupid picky mind
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    make both? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm a Psy, obviously, but I'mma go ahead and argue I'd see Archers as being more boring, PVP-wise.

Like if I fight a BM.

"Ah-HA!! I Psy will!"
    "Ah-HA!! I Roar of Pride you!"
    "Ah-HA!! I Earth Vector you!"
    "Ah-HA!! I Will of Bodhistva!!"
    "Ah-HA!!!! I expel!"

It's just always interesting and there's always a move and a counter-move.

Against Archers? It generally involves running. If I Psy will, they run. Once it's down, they run at me and use their stun immunity....then I run. Then once their stun immunity is down, either I stun them or they run. I'm sorry, but I don't find running particularly interesting. Personally, I can hold my ground and win that fight: it's the Archer that has to run unless he wants to die. Sometimes when I fight an Archer I just wanna ask "why the HELL do you even insist on fighting me if you're just gonna run?"

Archers can be really dangerous and they hit hard, but I somehow doubt there's as much thinking involved as there is with a Psy.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Against Archers? It generally involves running. If I Psy will, they run. Once it's down, they run at me and use their stun immunity....then I run. Then once their stun immunity is down, either I stun them or they run. I'm sorry, but I don't find running particularly interesting. Personally, I can hold my ground and win that fight: it's the Archer that has to run unless he wants to die. Sometimes when I fight an Archer I just wanna ask "why the HELL do you even insist on fighting me if you're just gonna run?"

It sounds like you're both running in this scenario, sir.b:chuckle
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If its a first character and i didn't wanna cash shop, i would avoid picking a class like archer, psychic or wizard.

Make a class that will get into parties easy 90+ like barb or cleric. Even assassin or BM is a far better choice than a casters/ranged DD. Its extremely frustrating not getting into parties for farming, lacking coins for basic gear and skills at higher levels. Its by far worse for casters.

Once you have a useful 90+ char for pve and a decent stack of coins you can go ahead and make a more cash shop dependent class.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm a Psy, obviously, but I'mma go ahead and argue I'd see Archers as being more boring, PVP-wise.

Like if I fight a BM.

"Ah-HA!! I Psy will!"
    "Ah-HA!! I Roar of Pride you!"
    "Ah-HA!! I Earth Vector you!"
    "Ah-HA!! I Will of Bodhistva!!"
    "Ah-HA!!!! I expel!"

It's just always interesting and there's always a move and a counter-move.

Archers can be really dangerous and they hit hard, but I somehow doubt there's as much thinking involved as there is with a Psy.

Ah-HA!! *magic missles for lvlxd4*
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    Demon_EA - Harshlands Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Go with archer, psychic gets boring.

fixed, using mana pots lmfao, psychics are boring, archers are WAY more fun than them stupid fish, b:bye
    The one and only... demon_troll... i will be pwn when i go demon again >)
  • GuinevirX - Heavens Tear
    GuinevirX - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    fixed, using mana pots lmfao, psychics are boring, archers are WAY more fun than them stupid fish, b:bye

Can't believe u brought ur fail butt in here , and QQ again because magic classes use magic potions .b:shocked
    Proud Male Venomancer <
    It's a game ...................... Face it b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It sounds like you're both running in this scenario, sir.b:chuckle

Yeah and:
    Personally, I can hold my ground and win that fight: it's the Archer that has to run unless he wants to die.

My point is they create that scenario where I gotta run when they themselves run. If they just stood there when I Psy will and neither class ran, I'd definitely win.

That's what seems unappealing about archers to me. There's no SOLID skill they have to counter other skills: everything is damage. So in cases like Psy will, their only counter is to run.
    I have tons of counters, personally. I can resist damage, I can stun for a long time, I can reflect damage while resisting the attack, I can soulburn, I can stun a second time, my passive silence spell might go off.... Archers have running and a short stun spell, and everyone has running, and the majority of classes have a better stun spell.
    I <3 AGOREY