Anniversary Gifts: Ripoffs That Cost Money

justin23l
justin23l Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
I was extremely excited when I heard that we would be getting gifts, since i've been here a while. But I NEVER play on my assassin, who is my highest level. And he got the mount. So I tried to mail it to my Cleric, who I always play. But the mount "cannot be traded.

Apparently, the only way to get these GIFTS over to another character so that I can use them is to pay REAL MONEY to activate the account stash and switch between characters.

I'm disappointed, gifts are gifts, at least let us choose what char we want it on.
Post edited by justin23l on

Comments

• Niyogi - Harshlands
    Niyogi - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I dont really understand why people are QQ'ing so much over the Anniversary Gifts. Gifts are gifts, be happy you got something for free. That is all.
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Wait...you're complaining that you're getting something for free? Really?

Stop whining and be happy. Or at least stop acting like you need everything handed to you exactly how you say it should be.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Katinkova - Dreamweaver
    Katinkova - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I dont really understand why people are QQ'ing so much over the Anniversary Gifts. Gifts are gifts, be happy you got something for free. That is all.

^ This i suppose.
    Katinkova - Cleric - Dreamweaver - SenSei

At the end of the day, it's just a game :)
  • justin23l
    edited September 2010
    I'm pissed off because I got extremely excited that I just started playing again and was going to get a mount. It went to my level 17 assassin who I was going to delete. Waste of time and excitement for me.

And gifts are not gifts if you can't use them properly without paying.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I could just jump aboard the anti-QQ train like everyone else, but in fairness they could have just implemented an option for choosing which character to send to, same as with the facebook jones blessings. Free stuff is nice but it was a little poorly thought tbh.

Kinda like having 10 friends and giving every one of them a Ps3 game for christmas because you work in a game shop and get them cheap, despite the fact you know only 5 of them own a Ps3.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think you people are missing the point.

I am happy that I got something free. But now, my one Veno has 2 anni mounts and fashion that she will never use since I don't really use that toon.

I am on my SIN pretty much now.

Would you be happy in real life if someone gave you a gift that you can't even use?? The thought is there but the gift is sorta pointless then right?

Last year there was a time period where you could request a transfer. Perhaps they will do that. Not everyone has 8 Mil in-game cion to buy a Supply Stash stone or 15 buck in RL to buy the gold to get it.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • canvaz
    canvaz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i just want the gift on my other character tiz'all
  • shintera
    shintera Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol i want my anni mount changed from my main account to this one lol. since i play this alot more often now. all the players that have switched servers and such (with new servers added within the time quite a few have) and have been here over a year. some have made new accounts for those servers (like me) so we won't get it on our highest char on that server with a different account QQ. but hey if i could get it switched over to this account (my main account has a lvl 14 so he'll get the mount but not the 30 which i'm currently lvling)
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Try sending a ticket and ask them to move it? That's what they did last year
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • justin23l
    edited September 2010
    Wait...you're complaining that you're getting something for free? Really?

Stop whining and be happy. Or at least stop acting like you need everything handed to you exactly how you say it should be.

Soooo, let's say you got an iPhone for christmas. You're happy right? But then once you go to use it, it's broke.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited September 2010
    I know right. It's like when someone gifted me this awesome car, and now they want me to pay insurance, gas, and to maintain it.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Try sending a ticket and ask them to move it? That's what they did last year
    Na, QQing in the forums is so much more effective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    I am not sure if they will move items to another account that you created later on. I can understand moving it around between toons on the same account that is registered for the gifts.

I don't agree that people who made accounts later deserve to have it moved to them.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Seriously if you're gonna complain about how this game is being run - pick something thats an actual problem.

Dont freaking QQ about getting free gifts... What the hell is wrong with people O_O

The mount is non tradable so people cant sell them. Of course they wont give you stuff you can re-sell for 2-4 mil. Same with the ugly fashion and the blessing, be happy or dont bother use it. Go NPC for 1k. The shoes are actually kinda cute btw. The blessing is good for tank and healers.

I got 4 mounts today already had 2, gonna need more inventory space for my private stable of non-tradable anni mounts and puke green fashion b:chuckle
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    volst wrote: »
    I know right. It's like when someone gifted me this awesome car, and now they want me to pay insurance, gas, and to maintain it.

thats...kinda how it works...
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The only complain I have is the gift are sent automatically to your highest character. It would been better if you could choose wich char you wanted to get the gift.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    justin23l wrote: »
    Soooo, let's say you got an iPhone for christmas. You're happy right? But then once you go to use it, it's broke.

The mount be working fine though.
    Also....mayhaps you never heard of the refund or replacement thingy humans has with their monies/goods.
    (Either that or it be a shoddy forgery of a iPhone and that be the exact message the person who gifted you the thing wanted to tell you.) b:chuckle
    volst wrote: »

Yar~! Because everyone knows human cars can achieve perpetual motion, never age, and magically heals everything that it hits~!
    b:surrender
    (Well we has achieved perpetual motion in a sense and the ability to not age (sort of) but not even we has managed to make something that heals things by hitting them.) o_O

A gift be a gift...it be free, just accept it.
    o.o'
    Also me am sure they'll do a short term transfer thingy.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Also me am sure they'll do a short term transfer thingy.

^This as I have stated already should happen. Will it?, is another question.
    edited September 2010
    ^This as I have stated already should happen. Will it?, is another question.

It be going to happen, we needs more time.
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:angry I had to pay 7k worth of pet food to up its loyalty, ZOMG QQ.

Seriously, they have work to do. Yea, they reused last year's mount, it still was a very nice thing they went through the trouble. Yea, some may have to buy a cage. But seriously, they had to use some sort of criteria to determine which toon should get the mount, and i think level is not so bad a choice considering for many accounts it will actually indicate what char can be considered main.

I'm just happy i got the mount, it was great luck for me as i was saving for a Hell Hound. b:sin
    edited September 2010
    Does a tome affect the mounts as well?
    o.O
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Does a tome affect the mounts as well?
    o.O

The tome does but it only helps keep them fed. You still have to feed them initially to get their loyalty up. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's all a load of BS just like everything else in this game.

The only thing in this game that ISN'T bs are my friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    justin23l wrote: »

You're an idiot. The mount isn't broke. You are. GEt an account stash stone to transfer it, or enjoy it on your other character.

b:Bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Okay, guys, just calm the heck down. Send a ticket, explain you'd like it on your other character, and wait a few days for a response. I really see no reason they would turn it down. They did it last year, and I'm sure they're aware not everyone has an account stash stone. And no, while they may do some greedy things, I highly doubt they would turn you down because they want you to buy the stone instead. If nothing else its worth a try and what the hell does it hurt? I can see them saying 'no' to you asking to transfer your, for instance, un tradable pet (from marriage quest I think) to your other character, but for something they've given you as a gift, I'm sure they'll once again offer the service if you ask for it. So just calm down and send a ticket. And wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    PWI could give you farkers a Ferrari and you'd complain about the color of it's paintjob.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited September 2010
    PWI could give you farkers a Ferrari and you'd complain about the color of it's paintjob.

Nah, most of the complaint would be they can't drive it.
    b:chuckle

Although me would gladly take it apart and rebuild it in our own way.
    b:avoid
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    and then after reaching certain lvl, u realize you like playing another class !!1!111!
    omg why i can't transfer it to my new char I just created? I just found out in my entire life I like playing this new char QQ

at least be happy they give u the option to transfer it via stash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • canvaz
    canvaz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Okay, guys, just calm the heck down. Send a ticket, explain you'd like it on your other character, and wait a few days for a response. I really see no reason they would turn it down. They did it last year, and I'm sure they're aware not everyone has an account stash stone. And no, while they may do some greedy things, I highly doubt they would turn you down because they want you to buy the stone instead. If nothing else its worth a try and what the hell does it hurt? I can see them saying 'no' to you asking to transfer your, for instance, un tradable pet (from marriage quest I think) to your other character, but for something they've given you as a gift, I'm sure they'll once again offer the service if you ask for it. So just calm down and send a ticket. And wait.

I've sent a ticket. Rejected not once but twice. Can I really calm down?
    edited September 2010
    canvaz wrote: »
    I've sent a ticket. Rejected not once but twice. Can I really calm down?

Me would suggest that you "get the hint", they already recognize you as a moron.
    b:bye

and Tatuaje, don't be angry it be a FREE gift.
    Whys complain about something you has gotten for free?
    o.O
    o wait you hasn't posted yet.
    D:
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.