Has Sanctuary's Server engine been switched with another server's engine?

Affy - Sanctuary
Affy - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Ok, fess up u guys switched our perfectly healthy server engine with someone elses laggy server engine. my ping is now getting 15,599 ms - 18,390ms. From my perfectly healthy 60ms-136ms max ping. I cannot play at all. I switched to my old pc to see if my modem was bad on my new pc. and it is also getting the same readings.

SWITCH IT BACK PLEASE!
Post edited by Affy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i got tht same range on a couple of my characters lol but it hasent been tht high for a day now thnk god lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:surrender having the same problem it is impossible for me to walk through south and west archo
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:surrender having the same problem it is impossible for me to walk through south and west archo

you & me both it takes me 5 minutes just to walk from the tailor to the genie npc in south arch lol isnt it funb:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • blackykitty3
    blackykitty3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    its just that every single player out there wants to check if they got the presents or not b:chuckle

think it will be better soon
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Has Sanctuary's Server engine been switched with another server's engine?
    Yes, and someone has stolen all of the furniture in your room and replaced it with exact duplicates. b:chuckle

But seriously, it's just "server", not "server engine". And the odds are that if they switched to a different server the wouldn't downgrade it, it would either be the same or better, so you likely wouldn't be able to notice the difference.

Anyways, it's probably a network problem, not a server problem, and if there is a problem on their end (assuming it's not on your end) it may not even be something that's completely under their control. They get their Internet connection from someone else, just like you do, so it could be their Internet provider's problem.

If you need something done about it, you'll need to properly document what you've tried, along with some tests demonstrating that the problem isn't on your end, and send in a support ticket explaining the problem. Complaining about it here probably won't do anything.

And don't take a few other people here agreeing with you as a sign that there's really a problem. There are over 100,000 players of PWI, so the odds are that there will always be a few of other people that have some temporary network problem on their end. This means that a few other people having similar symptoms isn't enough evidence to prove that there is a problem on PWE's end. Similar symptoms can come from completely different problems that have nothing to do with PWE or their servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Yes, and someone has stolen all of the furnature in your room and replaced it with exact duplicates. b:chuckle

How did you find out about me?! b:shutup
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol, appreciated by those who remember Stephen Wright
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm very pleased to hear that I'm not the only one. I can sometimes barely move in West Arch. I've had to shut my game down and reboot a ton of times recently and I notice when I CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check out the element client in the process list, it is using a ton more memory than it used to. Hope it is fixed soon.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well I've noticed a decline in network performance, but I can't determine if it's mine or PWs. All I know is after that last patch, the game has been laggy in some parts. And during fights in the wraithgate, the game freezes for a couple of seconds in regular intervals - this happened in the twilight temple too, although the others were not experiencing it.

Perhaps this game was patched to a point where it puts a strain on my connection, no idea. But when I first started playing, not even the 100,000 catshops in west arch would faze my connection.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    As i understand it Sanct has always been run out of an old salvaged SEGA Genesis CPU, a couple of 1Gb memory sticks and a 1996 iomega zip drive. The rig uses a Frankenberry box for frame and is duct taped into a dial up connection. They sometimes use a PSP as a back up for repairs so this may be the reason you people are experiencing problems.

Other than the extra rubberbanding for the past few days i haven't noticed anything wrong.
  • tyler199
    tyler199 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Yes, and someone has stolen all of the furnature in your room and replaced it with exact duplicates. b:chuckle

But seriously, it's just "server", not "server engine". And the odds are that if they switched to a different server the wouldn't downgrade it, it would either be the same or better, so you likely wouldn't be able to notice the difference.

Anyways, it's probably a network problem, not a server problem, and if there is a problem on their end (assuming it's not on your end) it may not even be something that's completely under their control. They get their Internet connection from someone else, just like you do, so it could be their Internet provider's problem.

If you need something done about it, you'll need to properly document what you've tried, along with some tests demonstrating that the problem isn't on your end, and send in a support ticket explaining the problem. Complaining about it here probably won't do anything.

And don't take a few other people here agreeing with you as a sign that there's really a problem. There are over 100,000 players of PWI, so the odds are that there will always be a few of other people that have some temporary network problem on their end. This means that a few other people having similar symptoms isn't enough evidence to prove that there is a problem on PWE's end. Similar symptoms can come from completely different problems that have nothing to do with PWE or their servers.

It's furniture not furnature. ijs b:chuckle
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    tyler199 wrote: »
    It's furniture not furnature. ijs b:chuckle
    Bleh. Didn't realize my spellchecker was off. It's fixed now.

Oh, and you didn't need to quote my whole message just to point out that one letter in the first line was wrong. :-P'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have never had problem on the server as whole only the west Arch normal lag as always.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.